stevanford
Member-
Posts
268 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by stevanford
-
x2. What if you were from interstate and you couldn't send your car down to them ?
-
05 Ba F6 Ute With Eflex- 415Rwkw
stevanford replied to trbo 6's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Awesome result mate. E-Flex needs to become more readily available I think. -
Two different goals for the two cars. One was built to run easy 9s and maybe to go even quicker in the future whereas the other was built to be a quick daily driver.
-
Going for mid 10s ?
-
Any more info on this "Pete Ps" car ? What turbo, fuel etc is he running ? Is he a member here ?
-
Drive past the camera at 58 ?
-
Pretty sure those two are the quickest. Any info on the rapid car ?
-
If E85 availability in Woolongong is like Sydney, than I wouldn't bother with it IMO. If it's commonly available then go nuts.
-
This is my list of parts to get to 400rwkw: GTX3582R + ported wastegate & flapper mod 4inch turbo side intake 1000cc injectors (I think your 80lbers will be ok) Surge tank + 044 Bigger Intercooler Valvesprings 4 inch dumppipe + high flow cat going into a 3.5 inch catback. Xcal3 Purely on engine mods, I spent close to $9000. Add to that the cost of fitting parts if you can't and tuning the car and that figure will be closer to $12,000 Don't forget that the G6ET does not come with a LSD. A decent tailshaft, LSD and diff bush combo will set you back about $3000. As for the gearbox, once you get to 400rwkw, start saving immediately for a ZF rebuild. It will need one eventually. As for the fuel system, if you really want 400rwkw, then budget for a surge tank + 044.
-
Should I Buy An Fg Or Build My Motor?
stevanford replied to The Converted's topic in General Automotive Talk
Build the motor and 'box and aim for 9s. -
Billet input shaft ?
-
Gtx 35/82R.. Best Way To Go?
stevanford replied to atomicyellowute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Yes they do. Just mention to them that you need the 4 inch silicon hose to fit the bigger inlet. -
Is it worth going to a 16" wheel and tyre combo or is 17" the preferred ?
-
That'll be getting done ASAP. Just waiting for the phone call
-
I hear you loud and clear on the power. Half throttle in 2nd and my NT05s are struggling for traction. Like I mentioned, I don't expect the box to last. If it makes it to the end of the year, I'll be happy. Then again, it won't have to be my daily anymore so hopefully it'll help it out. It's got superpro comfort diff bushes in it.
-
We've talked about it. I was always going to upgrade my tailshaft fairly soon after doing the work. I'm just waiting for Con at Diff Technics. He's getting some new tailshaft and CV combo coming in soon and I'm just waiting on that. Gearbox wise, we serviced the 'box but he did mention that it'll eventually need to be strengthened and I'm currently looking at my options. Actually, with the gearbox freshly serviced + ZF tune, the gearbox feels good although I don't expect that to last.
-
I got the GTX from crescent motorsport who is one of the site sponsors. He has threads in his sponsor sub forum on specials for these turbos. The truetrac I got for about $1500 although if you like their facebook page, you can keep up with the specials they have. I've seen them as low as $1200.
-
Driveability wise, It doesn't come on boost as quick as the standard FG turbo but by 2750rpm it's on full boost and charges towards redline.
-
-
R3Dmists Bf Xr6T Build Completed
stevanford replied to R3dmist's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Why resist... 460+ Should get you a low 10. Not bad for a tow car LOL. -
R3Dmists Bf Xr6T Build Completed
stevanford replied to R3dmist's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Awesome result on pump fuel. How did the E flex tune go today ?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.