Jump to content

Maggotmouse

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    200
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Maggotmouse

  1. BASH THE BOOST
  2. valantines day and all
  3. SMASH MY DATE.....
  4. quack
  5. killawasps r outta this world
  6. holden
  7. I did a burnout/power skid as I left work (I work at a Expensive Daewoo dealership) they dont know what I drive and I had a sh*t day haha
  8. I ended up buying the process west 2.3 kit and then got a tune, sounds good
  9. bikini
  10. manifold
  11. mechanic more than likely missed a few clamps eh
  12. pain
  13. run
  14. rap
  15. dude its people like you (the perfessional drivers I mean p platers) that give the owners of high powered cars a bad name, buy a chit box rwd and take it to a skid pan, get use to it cos that what a rwd turbo feels like for the first time if your not use to it. better to spin out on the pan than into a family minding there own bussiness
  16. beat
  17. toilet
  18. wind
  19. , hear mate this explanes actuator preload
  20. give it ago, I was told when I got tuned that it may be the actuator which was brand new, all they could pull was 12lb with the boost side of the tuning wound out as far as they could go, my issue turned out to be a boost leak, once I found that I was frying tyres at about 20lb and climbing, was pretty fun but soon got the tune all sorted
  21. so I was at work today, (day 2 at holden) yes I'm a ford loving freak that works as a mechanic at holden, and I saw a red chev badge today, and on another note, hahaha I laughed when I heard this, the chev badge is an aftermarket option when you buy a brand new one haha that's just f*cked
  22. I had the same issue a few weeks ago after getting my first tune after mods, if you have a compressor handy wind it down to 12psi, ram that in its guts and see if it opens, next thing to be (and this is more easy if you pull the turbo off) you wanna check the preload of the actuator, to do this, fix the actuator to the turbo, while holding the wastegate closed, wind the arm untill you can freely put the actuator arm onto the flapper, next wind the arm in 3 complete turns then grab a pair of pilars and pull it onto the flapper and secure with c-clip, the next thing I did was I remover all intercooler piping and sprayed hair spray, just a little up to the joins, (acts as a sealer), refit all pipe work and make sure all clamps are tight, leave 24hours to insure that hairspray drys and seals correctly, next check all vaccume lines for splits, kinks, and if you can secure with hair spray and cable ties, make sure bov is not stuck open, compare with known good one, after that you should be ok, other wise I'd be looking at the turbo or tune, I'm pretty new to the whole modifying of these engines but that where I'd start, good luck
  23. ^^^^^ what he said, more than likely transmission cooler or power steering or oil cooler, either way its cooling something, find a line that runs from it and follow it till you find the answer
×
×
  • Create New...