Jump to content

Simon_h6

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Simon_h6

  1. This is so sad. http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=11857253&__Qpb=1&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_YearMade_Int32|1||pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%20247%20447&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=447&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=78&__sid=12CACA547D72
  2. How much was the shipping???
  3. I did about 7 more hours of work this week becuase the site was down....my employer will be very happy!!
  4. About 10 years ago I got my first speeding fine, at the time had a crappy old commodore. I wrote a bullsh*t letter saying at the time of the speeding offence I thought I was going the speed limit but I had the speedo checked out after I got the ticket and it turned out it was out by about 5km/h. I sent in a dodgy receipt saying the speedo was replaced and I got off the fine. I also saw a few weeks ago on one of those current affairs programs where one of the producers got a ticket and she wrote a letter saying it was lapse in concentration and she actually got off the ticket. Its worth a try!! How long have you been driving for??
  5. They have just bought out the Alpha 12 package. 1500HP 8.97 at 169.5mph!! It does 96km/h to 208km/h in 3.31 secs, that's quick. Check out the video and the reactions on the passengers faces. http://alphagtr.com/alpha/models/alpha-12-package/
  6. Will the Harrops Monster Brake Kit fit with the stock wheels???
  7. Seems a bit pointless to me.
  8. Thanks. I wasnt to worried as I only did about 1000Km and 800ml didnt seem like that much over but I thought I would just ask. You pay someone over $200 to service your car and they cant even put the right amount of oil in the car.....f***ing useless. Once the warrnty is up I will be doing all the services myself, I care so I will do a good job.
  9. Got my car serviced a few weeks back and checked the engine oil level on the weekend and the guy had overfilled it. I dumped about 800ml of oil and now its sitting right on the full mark. I did a Google search and read some bad things about what overfilling can do to your engine. I didnt notice any difference to the car / any strange noises and the oil that I dumped looked ok. Should I be worried that some engine damage might have occured??
  10. http://www.kpmauto.com/tabid/416/Default.aspx
  11. Just bought my Tattslotto ticket...........
  12. Congratulations!!! I'm sure you will love the new car.
  13. 22,000 in about 4 months is a lot of k's. Who owned the car previoulsy??
  14. Yes the luxury pack has dual climate control.
  15. The price seems pretty fair to me. I purchased a 2010 XR6T 4 months ago for $39,900 its black, auto, luxury pack with 6800km's. You said it was first registered in March 2011 did you mean 2010??
  16. I called Ford and it comes in two parts - front part is $93.30 and back part is $100.30. The filter is 157.10.. Total $350.70. A friend of mine knows a guy at ford so at a trade price it would probably be under $300.
  17. Went to the motorshow last week and saw the intake on a supercharged GT. Cold air intake into a pod filter. Would you be able to put this intake on a FG Xr6T?? The only issues I could see would be that the GT has a bonnet bulge and the Xr6T doesnt so there might be a clearance issue with the top of the intake. Also the pipe from the pod filter looks to be much larger than that of the Xr6T. Any thoughts???
  18. My fisrt car was a VC Late model camira and it had an electronic choke which new worked properly. Rather than getting it fixed.....I tied a piece of string to the choke and through the firewall into the cabin. If I wanted choke I just pulled the string, wound it around the cigarete lighter. It was pretty dodgy but worked well. In the same VC Late model camira the wiper motor decided to die. I had to go to work later on that day and the weather was not looking good. I though I better bring along the window cleaner squeegee just in case it rained. Half way to work it starts to rain......you know how hard it is to drive at 70km/h with your arm out the window trying to clean the window.
  19. I'm always aware of how it get into the seat.... the problem is other people. Had a quite fat mechanic service my car the other week and he managed to crush the sh*t out of the bolster and crease the leather even more.
  20. The problem I have found with the FGXR6T front seats is the side bolsters on the bottom part of the seat are not hard enough. If you dont lift your ass over the bolster the foam crushes way to easy and in turn creases the leather. I bought a 2010 demo with 7000k's and the leather on both front seat bolsters is very badly creased....looks sh*t. My mate just bough a 2008 Bogan special and the leather quality is heaps better and the side bolsters are pretty hard so the leather has not creased at all and the cars done 80,000k's. I thought Ford carries out wear and tear tests on seats to make sure they look good for years to come....this is obvioulsy not the case.
  21. Why dont people double check their ads after they put them up. Stupid. A few weeks will pass and they will wonder why they havent received any calls.
  22. He did say if you are interested in buying without a roadworthy he could do a deal.....maybe $220,000????
  23. Saw this on car sales.....not sure if it is over priced?? http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?Cr=0&R=9717071&keywords=&PriceFrom=402&__sid=12F356DEF050&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Qpb=1&__Nne=15&seot=1&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294966285 4294966463 4294922209 402&silo=1011&trecs=1
  24. Hey Jetfg, Nice setup, engine bay looks pretty slick. A couple of quick questions -How does it drive on the street now compared to standard?? Can you still get traction in 1st gear???
  25. Finally got the new dust boots for the calipers last week. My mate knows some guys at Ford so got me a good price. As you can see from the attached picture the top dust boot is the original one which has melted to almost nothing and the bottom one is the new dust boot. Got the original rotors machined as well as they were not as damaged as I first thought. Ended up breaking one of the caliper pistons when I tried to push it back into the caliper so had to wait a few more days for a replacement piston to arrive. As I later found out I just needed a bit of rubber grease and the piston slides back into the caliper using your hands. 3 weeks later the car is finally back on the road and I am loving driving it again. The standard brakes are really not suitable for a track day. A question for anyone with Brembo brakes....do they have the same dust boot setup as the standard calipers and has anyone had issues with the dust boot melting??
×
×
  • Create New...