-
Posts
115 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Skitz 6
-
Hi Swanga, the valve springs are extra. But its probably best to speak to Simon himself for any details you need with prices and stuff. Cheers, Peter.
-
Cheers macka, My only problem now is trying to get a good launch point with the auto, for when I take it to AIR. I find anything higher than a 1900rpm or above stall, as soon as 3500rpm hits its just erupts the tyres and the rear end just fish tails . Lots of fun, but not for the strip. Would be interested to find out what other guys have found...
-
Cant make out your pic properly, but the ticking noise comes from the electronic boost control solenoid. Happens to all edit'd cars. I dont even notice it anymore. I think there is a fix being worked on at the moment. Peter
-
Thanks all, Sounds good Adam, the only problem is I'm over 700k's away . But I will take it to AIR and see what happens. I am rapt with the midrange, and that's the main spot Simon highlighted the most, that Edit not only improves the end power, but its the midrange which speaks for its self. Jordak, I'll find some boost graphs for you, and post them. Peter
-
Hi guys, My apologies to Flukeyluke and Jordak, I was asked for dyno results for my Nizpro stage 1, while cutting into Luke's thread with his great hpf power hike, that I thought I'll tell you my story with the "Edit'd-Nizpro Stage 1". (ie Nizedit+Nizpro valve springs+Nizpro fuel injectors). Simon (Nizpro) had my car for the whole day, it went in with 186rwkw and I picked it up with 265rwkw (well, there was a run after the dyno graphs were printed, and Simon managed a 266rwkw, but what's a 1kw). So what's it like? F*n awesome!!!! This is how the car should have been. Drive it normal and it feels stock, get it after 3500rpm and the boost comes on hard, but smooth, while the front end lifts and things get fast very quickly. The only time the boost feels like it used to, is from 2200-3200prm, from there its a different story. Let go off the 'go' pedal, and you are rewarded with a nice 'sneeze' after the turbo is 'hissing' at you. You cant believe it is the same car... I must mention the top quality work of Nizpro's Simon and Dave, and it talks when I drive the car. The mod feels like it came from the factory, and really it just shows the full potential of the stockish T. Definitely the best 'bang for your buck', and to whoever that is thinking of going this way, do it, you wont regret it, as a few here can confirm. Peter Now for a couple of pics and then my dyno graph... My car about to do a stock run of 186rwkw A rear shot Simon about to start the tuning... And finally as requested, my dyno results...
-
Sorry Jordak, I'm going to create another post with my dyno results in there, as this is for Luke and his success. But yes my dyno graph has rpm and km/h, and at 2500rpm I'm making full stock power now. Coming shortly... Peter
-
Not for me...
-
Congrats Luke to your new found power... Good isnt it?
-
It does feel like a different car... I had mine done 1 month ago. I too didn't know what to expect. Car went to Nizpro, got Edit'd. I also put in the Nizpro injectors and valve springs (to give me extra at the top of the range), and ended up with 266kw at the wheels, from 186kw. You dont notice a thing driving around, until you go over 3500rpm, and the turbo Hisses at you and the front end lifts, but it is still smooth and refined. The only time the boost feels like it used to is from 2200-3200prm, from there its a different story. I can attach my dyno graph if you like, that shows you the picture. Happy, sure am, its a buzz. You wont regret it. Pete
-
Hi guys, Its definitely been a while, I think a cruise and BBQ is certainly on the cards. Peter
-
Under the passenger mirror...
-
So Bruce, how did you go on Sat night 5/3/05 with 400rwkw?
-
Um................... make that PB 11.0 @ 130.37............. :o :o
-
Nizedit = the CAPA edit software + box, but custom tuned by Nizpro.
-
Besides Boost6 and Badxr6, was there any one else that was running edit, and what times did you get with what mods?
-
First time out for me, My runs.... 14.56 97.02mph (no burnout straight on) 14.667 97.19mph (botched up the launch) 14.75 95.50mph (crap, could smokeup the tires - TC was on duhhh) 14.51 98.54mph (smoked the tires, happy with this one) Overall fairly happy, I was hoping lower 14's but my car's only done 5000ks will give it another shot after 10000K's. Need more power.... It was a good night.
-
Word around the Nizpro campfire is their stage 4 (490fkw) being dropped into one of these, AWD even.
-
Rods yeah, pistons, well, I haven't seen a picture or heard of a piston collapsing because of too much power. Ceramic coating can be had for fairly cheap.. Well Nizpro have their 490fkw stage 4 which already has the internals done, even from stage 3 (450kw), so no doubt the APS system will be the same. Insane power either way...
-
I'm there
-
Some nice times there. The way badxr6's T would just squat on every gear change was awesome, and a good time as well. It was nice to meet Craig and Rumble is a hot looking car, and well done for a top time 11.6 wow. One thing about AIR giving me the crappers is that they havent invested in a time board, so once the cars cross the line and the next lot start the burnouts, you cant hear the times.... All in all a good night. And Lee for 13.4 first time isn't bad. I'll probably get a 18.0 when my turn arrives on the 19th. Peter
-
Hi guys, I have just recieved a letter in the mail from AIR. The Wednesday night (4's 6's and Rotaries) are no longer on Wed nights, and now pushed to Sat night... So Racing will now happen 2 Sat's per month. What it means in the case of Wed Feb 16th, it has now been pushed to the Sat 19th Feb. Hence because it a Sat night, you pay full price, $50. Gates open at 4:00pm, racing starts after 5pm. We'll get there....
-
16th, I'll be there... Guys just be prepared for $50 charge to race. I know that the website says $35 or whatever it is, when I turned up, they said $50. Such that they had V8's that night too, probably because of bad turn out that day. We'll see what the 16th brings....
-
The Wed Feb 16 is the 4, 6, and Rotaries night. I have to race on this night because I paid for it already from last couple of weeks when it was cancelled. Gates open 5:00pm and the racing starts at 6pm and onwards. You turn up at the gates anytime after 5pm. If you guys go ahead for the Feb 6th though, I'll have to spectate. Might even bring a video camera as well, we'll see. If you need more details Mr X: http://www.adelaideraceway.net/street.html Cheers
-
Nothing loose in the car, in the glove compartment and centre console is alright, and nothing loose in the boot. Need drivers license as well. They prefer that the spare tyre is bolted down and not strapped down, but they let me go anyways. As Bruce says, long sleeves, pants (geans whatever), and closed shoes. Went last Wed to AIR to race but was canned because of the rain, 4 cars to go before I lined up, spewing. Rescheduled for the 16 FEb....
-
If there is any room left for another stock T, I'm in too...
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.