Jump to content

_John_

Member
  • Posts

    287
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by _John_

  1. yes it is, and its completely stupid in my considered opinion. Any other car I`ve ever owned, like a modern car, apart from the two BF fords I currently own, you undo 3 or 4 ten mil bolts, unclip the wire plug and the headlight assembly is in your hands. The Ford, yeah nah.. Take your time, allow plenty of it, and if you think you might be able to get with out taking something off under there, think again and take it off.. Cause it won`t come off.. Its a bastard of an idea, frankly.
  2. I better have a look under the car cover after I finish servicing the ute. It could be a papier mache' mock up with fake argents under there and the real one`s bin knocked orf. It would be a nice day out though, we can take turns giving Howsee`s Noo V8 a larupin..
  3. Got one in stock already, Buffy. I had planned to change it with the every oil and filter. Which the next is close to due , the ute is this weekend. I imagine I`ve driven the Typhoon 6 times ( tops ) this year? last time it felt a bit heavy, I found all 4 tyres had exactly 20 psi in them. Consistant. I`m only guessing, I reckon the last time the tarp came off it was in April. So, 6 times driven this year could be optimistic.
  4. If Herb is gonna pull the tarp off the blue car I might have to turn up as well! We`ll see. I have a near full tank of 2 month old summer blend e85 and probably a flat battery to address.
  5. Some folks`ll never lose a toe But then again, some folks`ll...
  6. Given the power output of this car combined with the driving abilty of the man behind the wheel the only limiting factor is the length of the road.
  7. Good, I use their parts and service dept`s as they are open to 9 or 10 o`clock at night. it`s a good shop.
  8. I`ve bought 2 cars there so they can`t blame me!!!
  9. Bite ya bum..
  10. both knees shot. Concern....

  11. It cost 191 bucks and change which was.. sobering but not unexpected. I`ve not tested it yet, I plan to refit the TB and pipes and press the starter. I`m hoping this will fix a glitch I`ve had. It happened twice at the drags, car launched and immediately started this blurten... blurten... blurten stumbling miss. Car runs perfect after turning off and restarting. Never did it again until the other day, off the bottom in first, same deal shut it off restart all good. 3 times maybe, I`ve backed out the driveway, selected drive and had nothing. Car idles, but the accelerator pedal had no response. Car off, restart fine. I`m kinda hoping the TPS is the culprit. My throttle body was as clean as the day it was made inside.
  12. I bought a replacement TPS from my local Ford. Sunday I go to fit it up, and what the.. its totally different! Its bigger, but it didn` t want to fit either. Old on the left, new on the right. Not a chance right? So I got the old man to take it back, parts guy is adament, its the right part.. I go to a bigger Ford place that's open till 10 for servicing and parts, and they agree its all a bit odd. Had the Service manager and the Parts guy stumped and the mechanic. I took my throttle body with me. Then the Service guy is holding it all and measuring muttering about the tolerence being F all and Stoink! he turned it and pushed not hard at all and it clipped together! Apparently, they revised the TPS after there was issues with the old design. makes sense now I spose, I don`t care, its on there!
  13. I got the the TPS I bought on Saturday that is WRONG sent back to me with the note: this is the one. Despite it being completely different to the original one I sent in with it... Honestly. It`s not that it looks a bit different, it DOES NOT FIT! Farrrrrkin. So I ain`t going.
  14. If I had of got the right TPS on Saturday instead of tommorrow, I could have been there. I`d have to fit the TPS and all the whatsit I took off and put the Mickey T`s on. I don`t get home till 5:30pm. Maybe it`ll rain. maybe I woulda done a 10. Maybe I`d have broke sumfin. We`ll never know.
  15. We have a 3/4 rattle gun at work, it has way more grunt than a 1/2 inch. Mind you, that gold anti sieze stuff is a good friend to me.
  16. Back in the day, I was Valiant nut, had dozens of them and had like minded mates. Butch, a good mate of mine had a few E38 Chargers, one had that lil bonnet scoop on it. He destroyed the car in a high performance off road excursion and when the scoop was removed, underneath some wag at the factory had written: YA NOSEY CVNT Nothing new here then, I reckon.
  17. Can you elaborate, Dags? you mean the new thing where they just wave your card at the ... thingo they use if it has a chip in it dealie? One of my local McD`s has that shizzle but it wouldn`t work for me, pisser..
  18. Town is full of bogans in their VR`s with unit stickers, rear only chasers and gangsta pumping stezza`s. They gather on the footpath with their plump slaggy g/f`s to talk sh!t an` that. Some WANKER in a 500 plus hp car who does one lap then peels a lurid and incredibly LOUD screeeeeching 2nd and 3rd gear powerskid past them, attracting any and all Five O in a 10 klm radius, and instantly leaves town. oh wait, that was me last thursday night...
  19. I`d pull the wheels off and check there isn`t a dirty sensor, one could have crap on it. that won`t cost you anything other than a bit of your time.
  20. Bout 4 and a half years back, I mentioned in a chatroom I`d missed out on a cheap Nissan prarrie ( spell ) the 2 storey pulsar, remember them? I`d wanted to take and leave on a property I visit outwest. Kid said he had a Nissan Pulsar in his yard, his first car, and as he`d updated to a better car his Mum was saying she wanted it gorn. Said it ran and he wanted $50. I went into somewhere in Brisbane with a battery and drove it home. It had a pillar mounted tacho, ricer pedal covers, a fairly clean interior, good tyres and near full tank of juice. Winner. I freshened some stuff up like battery terminal clamps, plugs and some other crap. Put coolant in the radiator maybe changed the oil got a permit and drove it 550 klms out the property. Time passed, work, sole parenthood etc and its sat there ever since. Station owner said he pumped up the tyres 12 months back but that could be 2 or 3 years. Goats stood on the roof and pushed it down ( not bad ) the bastards ate the aerial. A tree partially fell on it. Yesterday I went out there for a recce, just an overnighter, took Junior with me so he could sample a sheep and cattle property, had the time of his life. I viewed the old Pulsar. 3 tyres had air, one flat. I pushed and broke the branches away and popped the bonnet. It wouldn`t budge and I was about the prise it open with a pinch bar when I decided to open it from the front. Presto! it opened.. lol. The interior looked mint, not mouldy or anything. Stuck the battery in, it turned over, great. Stuck 10 litres of petrol in, pulled the rag out of the snout of the aircleaner, squirted carb cleaner in there and fvck me dead if I`m liein`, as I turned the key it fired, and idled for a few seconds. I blew back thru the fuel line and then sucked fuel till it appeared at the fuel filter, wound it over and then its purring on the auto choke. Pumped up the flat tyre, drove around to the compressor pumped the others and drove off. Brakes were fine though need a top up, auto changed perfect and the accellerator pump flawless. I did prepare it slightly for its slumber, I ran the motor with the fuel disconnected till it stalled and put a sun shade on the windscreen. Windows are tinted black as hell. here`s how I found it This gave me the most surreal feeling, I took a photo of my youngest son sitting in a truck I drove 30 years ago when I first went out west. It really didn`t look much different then, it was rego`d and I drove it on the road. Q plates.. I sat in that thing dawn till dark and lived in a tent. Character building.
  21. Wow back from the dead. It could be said its the turbo. However, when I bought my Typhoon I found it VERY uncomfortable and yes, needed the A/C on even during mild weather as the floor got as hot as some old pommy truck with no floor covering. After I got a non standard exhuast fitted with an aftermarket cat, I noticed a MASSIVE reduction. I`ve got a custom stainless dump on there now and it`s still all good. So, it`s time for some mods, brother!
  22. Already had my 2 cents worth with my comment about Kyle 6boosts ute producing 460 kw with the stock exhaust with a custom dump and cat fitted. Car runs e85 and lotsa boost. My post really was long story short, but it does show numbers can be produced with stock piece. Whether its the correct thing to do? that's not for me to say. I have a stainless exhaust that's is the old 2.5 inch side by side jobbie. Mine has these silly auger things in the mufflers that look like big bits of drill swarf. They are reported to expand like hell when hot and reduce flow / performance. Do they? I dunno. I have 411 rwkw and it took 20 psi to do it. My car is not noisy, I don`t like noise for its own sake. It sounds deeper, barely louder than stock. When you boot it, it shocks people. Sounds like the world is coming to an end via the induction / turbz noise and mechanical noise from the engine as it just goes booo WAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! The OP`s best bet in my opinion is to meet up with like minded souls who own T`s and listen to what they have. Then make a decison [
  23. Ute rego used to arseloads less here, it may well have changed.
  24. I own a BF Typhoon. I own a BF one tonner 6 banger. I paid the rego on the ute in March, full clip 12 months cost me $823.20 which I thought was kinda out there but meh, they put it up every year practically. I tried to look into it but it got too hard so I give up. I get the renewal for the Typhoon today and its 40 bucks LESS for 12 months. What goes on I wonder. Typhoon is a 400 rwkw fuel injected suicide machine that I can kill or maim 5 people at a time with. The ute is a farmers friend 3 seater.. Same CTP. I tried calling the Dept of trans but gord, blah blah blah push 1, 2 or 7 and you gotta listen to ALL the options before selection I finally got thru to the end and got told I`d be waiting till tomo on hold. I prolly fvcked it up somehow when I paid the reg on the ute.
  25. meh, whats on TV?
×
×
  • Create New...