Jump to content

james3024

Member
  • Posts

    61
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by james3024

  1. Keep us posted I'm in
  2. Lol me to but still press wrong buttons
  3. Henz I typed as fast as I could to beat u u must have bigger concrete hands then me
  4. If u want to remove the oil u can acid wash which I hate to use unless I do a exposed driveway if I'm cleaning go to bunnings the sell a concrete cleaner it's pink in colour and in white tub that's better then acid wash to clean with plus acid has a lot of fumes The concrete cleaner is good for the environment Brand is called Clean'n'easy white tube blue sticker
  5. Dion made my exhaust from turbo to tip I used a CES 3.5inch cat and edelbrock muffler 3.5inch he's vet good at tig welding
  6. Yeh mine had full manual trimatic built by Yarra valley auto 3500 stall all best parts It was good though although I spent so much I saved heaps coz dion let me do a lot of the sh*te work myself pull engine n box out I put new suspension inn brakes he even let me paint the engine bay at his shop I did all my own cooler piping there I used all his stuff for free I pretty much just paid for dyno time ,parts and labour to build engine n exhaust coz he did my exhaust (he should look at doing his own brand exhaust )
  7. The vl ran 10.3's street tune was 326rwkw on 21psi had the gt3540r internal gate 1.06 rear I think I don't kno if the guy I sold it to put more boost into it but he loved it he got a phuking bargain too n still spent another 10k on extras after I sold it to him
  8. Def need a bigger turbo for that power I think dion said round 1500 engine hp while sounds right 1000-1200rwhp will b a good run once both cars are dun I keep asking him to do a dyno day he says hell organize it but 2yrs later still nothing ohwell U prob saw my old vl at dions then was the for over a yr just doing it bit by bit while I saved more cash to waste on it lol it was purple over silver
  9. I no wat u mean but I no dion really well hell do it all properly for u he built me my first vlt 7yrs ago and still runs 21psi and hasnt been rebuilt I also this his turbo is a tad lil bit bigger he's got the gt55r and yeh this is pure drag and to get that record so everything is coming out I think it's only having a tachometer in it and 1 seat so no weight there lol And I think he's hope for over 1000rwhp What power are u hoping for and what is the time your chasing I'm too lazy to check big day today
  10. I heard dion (Dynomite) is going for same record similar setup ups in the rear although he's using a FG ute and I think he's putting his engine out of GMKILAwhile his new engine is built Can't wait till your car is done definitely going the best possible way about it no short cuts gd luck with your build
  11. From the time I get out of bed at 540am I'm at work by 6am 10min to get ready an 10 to drive there and it takes me for a good wash of the car 2 hrs for a big wash as posted before 5hrs love it
  12. Hopefully this works after 30mins I hate computers a lil dustY now from overnight but hopefully u can see how good it looks I need to buy a real camera Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  13. No work I go to upload a pic n get a black page over it already iPad is on floor now
  14. I can't get tapatalk to work how can I post pics off ipad
  15. I'll take pics on iPad tomorrow and try work out how to upload off it They won't be good quality pics but hopefully u will see the how good it looks now It's like black glass and smoooooth as silk lol
  16. Spent 5 hrs cleaning Washed chamoised clay barred polished waxed interior fully detailed Looks better then new no pics my comp doesn't work n I post off iPad On that iPad note does nebody have trouble with the iPad getting onto this site??
  17. I'd scrap the injectors and put in a venom bolt up cat your injectors will b good for that tune until u want more power and ull need to change them on your next round of mods
  18. Ss inductions make a triple gauge pod sits on top of your icc and there's a company that sell them on eBay also quite pricey though around high $200 price figure
  19. I don't wanna sound like a *beep* but Y is it people will buy a car such as a gt gtp gs but then wanna cut corners on modifications if u cant afford to pay for it don't do it. u spend the money on a nice car and wanna try do a chop job coz its cheaper Unless as what has been said u have the knowledge skills and resources available to u then go ahead but if u don't just buy the professionally made kit and get it fitted as there is a lot more involved then just a cooler and fitting there's a video on YouTube showing the fitting stage looking involved
  20. U can get it depending on dyno it will range between 275rwkw and 310rwkw people have these mods and I've found this is the range I have same mods except I have valve springs also I made. 295rwkw but wen back it down to 286rwkw to be safe U don't need a air box just get a k&n filter and cut the front out of your original air box or by a xr8 air box And ull also need steel or aluminum inter cooler pipes as the plastic can burst If its in your budget get a new cooler if not I wouldn't worry It's not like u go out and just give the car stick all day so a cooler wouldnt be too important on your 1st tune Gd luck
  21. He insane I'm in werribee too seen u around I ave same as u same colour same spoiler I have the FG 50th 19s though send me a pm we should catch up
  22. Effectively your not getting a trade in he's paying our your car so your still left with a 28k loan as long as Kms aren't to high seems like a good deal
  23. There's minimal difference in xrt and g6e same production line same car different body kit single spinner and interior can't be that hard my guess is it's all same s?!t there a production line car so anything can happen g6e xr6t Fpv Hsv ss anything made in a production line will have the good and bad in the end it's luck I've got my 09 xrt and only thing I've done under warranty is a exhaust crack that's it no diff bushes(touch wood) no milkshake my pulley is a ill noisy which I'll get done next service but that's it As I said my dad has a 09 ss not a problem my xrt is 09 and not a problem and just drive them see what u like don't rely on people opinions just get what u feel comfortable with I can't believe I've been on here this long and I've just written my 2 biggest posts in 2days amazing
  24. I've had my FG turbo for 2 yrs not a problem my dad has the ss and That has never had a problem but I no of people that have had both and had problems U need to remember these cars are on a production line some will hav some problems others won't it's luck I guess that's why there's a warranty as well U need to go for a drive in both to see what u like If u want performance and luxury buy a g6et if u want a car that has some go but sounds like a 8 but is no way by any means as comfortable as the g6et buy the ss Also why not buy a new FG xr6turbo it's relatively the same price as a ss but goes harder handles better and better on fuel I no which way I'd go Good luck with your choice though u can't go wrong with either imo
×
×
  • Create New...