-
Posts
56 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Tex
-
The eye brows did go up. The car felt strong out of the box. I had a BAT with an Xede and it only pulled 233 with the best tune they could give which was done by Chiptorque.
-
I fitted a Monza cooler this afternoon and will put it back on the dyno tomorrow any guess what kw's increase I will get. I should get an xcal 2 this week and then I can start tuning.
-
I asked if it was a happy dyno and they told me most people think it reads low. It is the same dyno that wrxkilla has used to try and find his drop in kw's
-
I am going through the process of perusing some extra kw's. I thought I would see what my base was before I started. At the moment the car is stock apart from F6 CAI. Have a look at the results, what do you think for stock.
-
-
I have listened to Shane's after we went for a run and at idle it didn't sound any different than a standard T. As most people would know the reason for the noise when cold is due to the extra clearance forged pistons need when cold because they expand more. Atomic will be using new pistons with a coating in 2007 that will enable them to run closer tolerances. I believe the new pistons have a 100,000 K warranty.
- 353 replies
-
- Atomic
- Atomic Engine
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Slightly off topic, I didn't wan to start a new post. Is anyone running 300+ rwkw through these transmissions and if so how does it handle the power, what is the driving experience like, I have heard that once you get past 300 the driving experience is not as good. By the way my car only goes back to 2nd in manual mode.
-
I went for a ride with F6 Rapid although in some ways I wish I didn't, it make my ambition of 300rwk's look pathetic. As for how it goes, all I can say is I hope his eyes don't go blurry like mine did when he foots it lol. He reminded me that he was a good steerer I am not sure why he felt he needed to tell me that perhaps it was the look of terror on my face lol. I am not sure what he will do with the extra 100 rwkw's he is getting soon the tires have no hope of keeping traction with what it has now although I am keen to go for ride in its 500rwkw's trim to find out. Man these T's are great cars for power junkies.
-
I would like that. Can you take me for a spin please. I will see you on Saturday. What a re the specs of your car?
-
Hey Tex, heard you went for a drive in Pauls car and loved it! That's why your aiming for 300+ I guess! Shane, will be good to catch up. Come on Brisbane boys, show some support! Rob. ← I did go for drive in Paul's car him driving of course. I did love it the sensation of power when you are a passenger is amazing I was glad that he had upgraded brakes lol. The problem is now I want that sort of power and of coarse my wife doesn't understand why! When I can work out how to justify spending a couple of grand or more on a car that has more power than the average person needs to my wife I will join the 300+ club lol.
-
I will come for a look. Not sure I want to pay 50.00 to run a stock T. Although would be interesting to see what a BFIIZF makes stock. 50 dollars will buy half an injector.
-
I spent some time with Paul at his workshop yesterday discussing options for my BFIIT. He was very helpful and is committed to doing everything he can to give customer satisfaction. He also took me for a run in his T he said it was on its mild tune about 300rwkw, I had a BA with 233rwkw it went well but 300 is awesome I couldn't help but wonder what do the guys with 500rwkw do with all that power, mind you I wouldn't mind giving it a go. If you have a T and need advice or a tune I would recommend giving Paul a call I was impressed with his service ands whats more he is a friendly guy. One more thing he loves Fords I can tell I have been a Ford enthusiast all my car aware life. I worked on Fords for 15 years or more I did my apprenticeship at a Ford dealership and have been a Ford dealership workshop manager. I remember working on Marcus Marshall's dads brand new Yellow Blaze XB GT shows my age hu lol. I know my Fords and know who loves them.
-
I am doing it on Friday at Willowbank it is a birthday present. Here is a blurb on the cars. These Tickford XR8s have Hi-Performance ECUs and are race prepared with roll cages, safety harness, race seats and slick tyres. You will be supplied with a race suit and helmet.
-
I would like it to show what gear it is in when in ato mode.
-
Very rice
-
F6 / Xr8 2nd Cold Air Induction On Xr6t
Tex replied to wrxkilla's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Follow this thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...8%20airbox&st=0 and you will find out how to do the XR8 CAI conversion. -
F6 / Xr8 2nd Cold Air Induction On Xr6t
Tex replied to wrxkilla's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I did the XR8 mod on my BAT. It is easy just use the XR8 snorke and a rubber joining pipe from a plumbing supplies. The only problem is if you want to put it back to standard you have to buy a new air cleaner assembly. I know the post you are talking about it had great instructions and picks. I can't take pics of mine it is long gone. -
After thinking about it your point about the larger injectors makes sense. Maximum power is not the main consideration as you don't spend much time there, driveability is the most important thing. I thought so to. Apparently there is some confusion with the spare parts catalog. My new BFIIT does not have a second CAI
-
My BFII has bigger brakes as standard than my BAT had. I never had any real problems with the BA brakes a bit of fade on a couple of occasions.
-
They go well. I had a BF XR6 NA before they are chalk and cheese. It is amazing how much difference there is to the drive. The NA was a nice car but nothing like the T. I am not sure if there was a problem with the auto on mt NA BF but the shift is so much more positive on the T. Before the BF NA I had a BAT Five Speed manual with an XR8 CAI and Xede with 233 rwkw, it was a great car to drive but I am hoping to have a few more ponies in the BFII. Even with only 233 rwkw in the BA the clutch used to struggle. There is no way I would have tried to drag it but I am hoping to give the BFII a run.
-
I Picked up my new BFMKII T with FZ on Tuesday. I intend to get an edit, F6 CAI, Wog Cooler and Possibly injectors. I will see what rwkw I get before I fit new injectors. If I can get close to 300 rwkw without injectors or cat I will be happy.
-
F6 / Xr8 2nd Cold Air Induction On Xr6t
Tex replied to wrxkilla's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Does anyone know if the BF II T has the same CAI. I am getting a Mark II on Tuesday I heard they may have the F6 CAI as standard -
If speedos only went to 130 you wouldn't know how fast you were going if you went over it. People could actually drive faster than they do now. I believe driver education is the answer. People need to experience being out of control where they are not in danger. Many young drivers crash the first time they get sideways because they have never been sideways before so they don't know how to get out of it.
-
I recently had one fitted to my car and they had to cut the wiring. The issue is in using Ford plugs which they are waiting on permission for. It would have suited me much better to have pug in as I only keep my cars for twelve months and will have to have it removed before sale. However they do a great job of installing and it is worth it for the extra kw's I now have 230rwkw in NON shootout mode. The plug in ones are only available for the WRX at the moment
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.