Jump to content

SmokinXR6

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SmokinXR6

  1. Hi rockafellqeinstien, That's some serious haulin. ​It has been mentioned many times that the ute makes a better tow vehicle than the sedan (well, when it comes to the FG) Only down side to Hayman Reece kit is the HD tow bar interferes with the reverse park sensors. Fit the HD Tow bar and put the car in reverse and all you get is one loud constant beep. It only happens with the HD tow bar (I.e. 2,300, the 1,600 kg does not interfere.. It is a small nuisance in order to have a better quality towing solution with is easily adjustable. Cheers, Chris
  2. Hi Anthony, Stevebag sums it up quite nicely Every car I have owned needed to use its max revs in order accelerate from a standing start or overtake. The XR6 Turbo has such a massive spread of torque you simply do not need to ring its neck. It is amazing how your perception changes when towing with a vehicle that had massive amounts of power and torque in reserve. If your tow vehicle is doing it easy you feel more at ease. Conversely if your tow vehicle is being called upon to produce 100% of its power and torque on a regular basis you begin worrying if everything will hold together. As for your Haines Traveler (is it a tb170) the XR6 turbo will have no issues. If it is a tb170 your towing weight would be around 1,200 to 1,300 kg, could be as high as 1,400 kg depending on gear installed. Which model XR6 Turbo are you looking to purchase? Cheers, Chris
  3. Hi Samboc, Apologies for the late reply. I hadn't been on the boards in a while and once again I am humbled my post still lives as a sticky after 3 years. I never imagines I would still be contributing to this post after 3 years. Please feel free to quote away! While you are at it give this some thought! Whilst the falcon is rated to tow up to 2,300 kg the closer you get to that limit the more important it becomes to look at upgrading your trailer. By close my general rule of the thumb is; if your trailer is being called upon to lug around 80% of its maximum capacity and you plan to haul long distances then I would consider upgrading your trailer. Ideally you would look to upgrade / up spec your trailer if you were in the market to buy a new a trailer, having said this most trailer manufacturers would be glad to help you with upgrading an existing trailer as well. In my case my trailer is a Mackay and my experience upgrading my trailer and having a new 3,000 kg compliance plate issued was exceptional. The guys at Mackay Trailers went out of their way to help me achieve my gaols and did allot to minimize the cost, can’t ask for more than this. Assuming your trailer is rated to around 1,995 kg I would look at the following upgrades: 1. Weight Distribution Hitches (WDH) 2. Upgrade trailer wheels by 1” 3. Look at going 4 wheel discs and full brake away setp WDH – They are just the ducks guts. I have purchased both the Ford kit (with my BA XR8) and Hayman Reece, hands down the Hayman Reece wins. In fact I would buy the Hayman Reece WDH and keep it, each time I change cars I will order a Hayman Reece setup to match the new car and the WDH. Once you get the hang of the WDH setup they will make a significant difference to stability and make sure everything stays straight and levelUpgrade your wheels by 1”- In my case this means fitting 14" wheels, it’s a no brainier, it improves the ride as well as fuel economy. Make sure you fit light truck tyres and inflate them to the correct pressure; the increase in diameter enables you to run increased tyre pressure.Upgrading Brakes - Next I would look closely at your brakes. I know it is not cheap but what price so you put on your own safety and towing ease. After completing 3 trips with my new braking setup it still blows me away. The first bonus of going with a full breakaway system is “NO MORE THUD THUD THUD” each time you brake. The sliding trailer hitch that operates the old braking system is GONE……………YIPPEEEE But wait!!!! There is more. With the trailer fitted with disc brakes on all 4 wheels and a clever controller in the car I now have unbelievable control over my brakes. In my case I went with a Hydrasater braking system and a Tekonsha P3 controller. I have so much control that I can lock up all 4 trailer wheels and stop my car and trailer with ease. Once I had the setup properly dialled in it was time to see what difference it makes. Now the journey from Melbourne to Adelaide has 2 very hilly sections that are just punishing on any setup; that is the run from Melbourne to just outside of Beaufort and from Tailem Bend to Adelaide. For me it is the second section that really tests your stress levels more than anything. After 8 hours or so behind the wheel you have to keep your wits about you especially the run down the Adelaide Hills. Well, I was massively surprised how easy this section of the journey has become as a result of my new brake setup. When the big hills are a comin I just dial up the brake boost on the controller altering the brake curve so the trailer brakes engage earlier. After that just cruise along, the brake controller does the rest. It is as simple as that. In discussing this with one of my fishing buddies I arrived at this conclusion. Upgrading your trailer brakes falls in the same category as installing an anchor winch in your boat. Both upgrades fall in the “It is an expensive upgrade and you feel you can make do without them, however when you bite the bullet and get them installed you will NEVER go back”, it is as simple as that!!! In closing if you are loading up your trailer consider getting it updated / upgraded as the difference is staggering. Like most people who have commented on this post I do not want a great big oofffyyyy 4x4 or SUV as my daily (no offence to my 4x4 and SUV mates). My car is performing towing duties 15% of the time, therefore the other 85% of the time it is just a daily driver. Getting around town in a sports sedan is just so much more enjoyable and easy to live with. The key to making this marriage work is the trailer, get that right and you will have one super stable towing platform that can will surprise you!!! That’s it for now, please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to anwer them. Kindest Regards, Chris
  4. Hi FPV Tranny and all, I can’t believe one of my first posts on this forum is still pinned many years later, this is very humbling, thank you all Interesting feedback FPV Tranny. I am 3 months way from the end of my lease and I am seriously considering an FPV. The only thing I hate is that they are de-rated to 1,600 kg I believe. I never tuned my Navara but after many long trips towing my boat I was glad to see it go. Whilst there is no perfect towing car, they are all about compromises; the Navara certainly commands the boat better due to its physical size and presence. When it comes to power, torque, fuel economy and braking power the XR50 Turbo leaves the Navara for dead. The other thing long distance towing has taught me is that many of the drawbacks of towing with a sedan can be addressed by other means. My boat trailer finally gave up the dust late last year. I had planned to upgrade it this year so I knew what I wanted to do. This time around I have up-specced my trailer, some say it is overkill but the difference was absolutely stunning. Long story short my new trailer is rated to 3,000kg (my old trailer was rated to 2,000kg). Therefore apart from the heavier duty axles and springs it also has 14" mags and electric / hydraulic braking with full break away. Chuck in my Hayman Reece Load Levellers and I now have a super stable towing platform with a braking setup that makes it a joy to tow with, I love being able to adjust my braking from within the cabin. The 14” wheels make a huge difference as well. If you want to improve your trailer going larger diameter wheels makes a huge difference. I would have never believed it myself if I hadn’t done it, but the trailers ability to ride the bumps improves dramatically with just a 1 inch increase in diameter. The only way I will go back to a 4x4 of crew cab is if I need to da allot more towing etc.. Considering that 85% of the time my car is just a daily driver I still feel a well setup sedan and well setup trailer makes a great compromise. Please feel free to ask ma nay questions, happy to help out where I can. All the best. Chris
  5. Hi All, Sorry it’s been a while since I have posted. I can't believe this post is still a sticky. That is very humbling, thank you. Since I wrote this post I have completed two more long distance towing trips and racked up a total of 36,000km +. Thought I would take the time to update my experience towing with my FG XR50 Turbo and at the same time take a closer look at its fuel efficiency whilst towing. My car has performed brilliantly with next to bugger all issues. The only one that comes to mind is my tires. After 36,000 km my rears were well and truly shot (yes I have been gentle on the throttle for most of the time) however after several wheel alignments I have now been informed my fronts have worn abnormally (on the outer side) and will also need to be replaced. Now getting back to my last two big trips. I have been using an iPhone app called "Road Trip". After using "Gas Cubby" for a while I gave Road Trip a go and found its additional features quite handy. September 2011 Took off with the boat in tow heading for Adelaide. On the way over I averaged between 17.9 and 19.58L/100km. A few days later I towed the boat over to Port Vincent achieving a similar economy rate. During this trip I also drove from Adelaide to Whyalla (without my boat). The drive from Adelaide to Whyalla is very mundane, sitting on 110km for most of the trip. I do recall running into loads of traffic including heaps of B Double Semis. Despite having to execute a ton of overtaking manoeuvres (not that I am complaining as the FG Turbo is insanely quick when it comes to overtaking) I still managed a fuel average of 9.2L/100km. Heading home with my boat in tow my fuel burn improved slightly starting out with an average of 18.96L/100km tearing up the Adelaide Hills and rounding out the trip with the final tank hitting 17.05L/100km. Overall another impressive towing performance April 2012 This time we planned to drive from Melbourne to Whyalla, stopping for only a short while in Adelaide to pick up supplies. This trip was also different in that I didn't have my family with me; hence I was not as heavily loaded. The difference weight wise would be approx 300kg (1 adult, 2 kids and the additional luggage / toys to boot). From a fuel consumption point of view the change was noticeable. From Melbourne to Adelaide I averaged 16.11 - 17.84L/100km. Heading out of Adelaide and across to Whyalla my fuel consumption improved further reaching 15.84L/100km. Three days later the weather caved in preventing us from going fishing. So we used the downtime to pop into Port Lincoln (approx 250km away). This cruise saw my FG sip along at 9.65L/100km, not bad given the driving conditions etc... Heading home a week later we encountered strong head winds at the beginning of the drive and a heap of traffic once we crossed the border into Victoria. Having said this, my fuel consumption range was between 17.33 to 18.54L/100km. So after 3 major trips I can now confirm that my beloved FG XR50 Turbo is not only the most powerful towing platform but also the most fuel efficient I have EVER owned (I have averaged two major trips towing my boat interstate over the last 10 years). Whilst big 4WD will always provide a more stable towing platform I have grown to appreciate just how versatile a big sedan like the FG Falcon can be. It has proven itself as a very competent towing platform, performing flawlessly and at the same time it’s one heck of a daily driver. That’s it for now. Please feel free to ask any questions. Cheers, Chris
  6. Happy Birthday SmokinXR6!

  7. Hi Jenny, congrats on the new ride and welcome to the 50th Ann Club. I picked up my XR50 Turbo (Silhouette) in November and I am still madly in love. Don't leave it in the garage, get her out and enjoy the mad turbo rush
  8. Hi Snapper, Love the name, caught some thumping big reds in my time Thanks for asking as you have prompted me about something I should have mentioned in my original post. I briefly touched on my tow setup for each car but there is allot more to it. My XR8 and Territory both had the factory HD Tow pack (includes the Weight Distribution Hitch (WDH)) I found the factory kit to be OK however there were several issues, namely: 1. The black paint peels of easily leading to surface rust if you did not repaint them regularly; and 2. The WDH varies between different Ford Cars. As an example the Load levelers on the Territory were longer than the XR8. This gets very annoying each time you change cars having to redo your tow setup. This issue is quite specific to my trailer setup. Due to space issues on the draw bar I have had to weld my "A Frame" adapter to my winch post. Generally speaking its less of an issue when towing "A Frame" trailers (I.e. Caravans or car trailers) as all you have to do is readjust the load leveler mounting points. On the XR50 Turbo I chose to go with the a Hayman Reece HD Tow Pack. Price wise they are pretty much the same. The Hayman Reece setup is heaps better quality wise, the hitch is fully height adjustable (great if you are thinking about lowering your car) and I plan to keep ordering the same kit on future Ford cars negating the need to having to reset your tow setup. Having said that there is ONE issue I came across you need to be aware of (although some might argue its a minute issue). The Hayman Reece WDH (the hitch you fit on when using load levelers) is substantially larger than the standard ford version. As such it interferes with the reverse park sensors. This only occurs when you have the big hitch fitted to your car but you do NOT have a trailer connected. (the reverse park sensors are disabled the second you connect your trailer lights). Having said this the reverse park sensors will go nuts, constantly beeping when you are in reverse. In the end I quickly got in the habit of removing my WDH immediately after a long tow and would fit the small hitch for towing short distances or leave them both of the car. Hope this helps. Chris Crikey!!!It wasn't that long ago you could still get one new. Did a quick search on Car Sales and they were all 2nd hand except for a newy in Sunburst. There was a 2nd hand black XR50 Turbo with a bugger all Km's that might suit. Other than that I would try Strapp Ford on the off chance they may have one in their holding stock. Best of luck, I would keep trying as they represent such awesome value
  9. EvilDaifu. True apps like Trapster are very battery hungry, at very least a car charger is required. In my case I went doen the path of installing a full Car Kit. As for the POI's, the majority of them are fixed. When you download the POI's you vae a choice of selecting POI's based on confidence levels. By setting this reasonbly high you avoid downloading the temporay POI's. Trapster has laso addressed tis as several of their POI's are temporary only (I.e. the road hazard POI's). I have tried other websites like POIDB.com and have found Trapster POI's to be way more acurate. In the end its a far better solution than relying on a super long list that was published months ago.
  10. All, Best advice I can give especially for those that have a smart phone or GPS is to create an account on www.trapster.com. (Not sure if I can mention this here, if not I do apologise, please delete my post) If you have a smart phone they have an app that works on almost all platforms, if you have a GPS you can download all POI's within a given radius which you set. What's soo good about this? Its a community based system with very accurate POI's (I.e. all cameras, school zones, known enforcement points, etc.... It has a huge following with over 11,000,000 users. Even here in Vic it has a good following. So in a nutshell you can quickly report a host of traps including accidents, road hazards, known enforcement points as well as the cameras. The database is very accurate because it is constantly being updated. Each trap carries a rating based on the number of times it has been reported / acknowledged by different users. Updating your GPS is very quick. I have a new Garmin unit. Once I have downloaded the files from their website I use Garmin's POI loader to update my unit Something to think about if you are looking for an easy way to keep track of all fixed cameras as well as the mobile revenue raisers.
  11. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could not have said it better myself, and yes I am biased (still with a massive grin )
  12. At least it was worth a try.....lol Thanks for the compliment, I am quite proud of the ol' girl, she just turned 19. Seriously though your XR50T will do it with ease. The biggest thing that stands out for me is how little of the car's rev range you end up using. They way they are setup / tuned makes towing an absolute delight. Just remember to keep an eye on your tyres and consider getting your car wheel aligned after a long haul (I would consider getting it wheel aligned after completing a series of shorter trips as well.) I have yet to cost up a set of new tyres but if they are anything like my BA getting it wheel aligned is very cheap insurance.
  13. Hi Tobey, I have used a hand full of ramps around Melbourne, but have used numerous ramps around Adelaide and regional SA. So far I have had no issues. The best advice I can give when it comes to retrieving is: When you are ready to pull your boat out, switch to Manual Mode, select first gear but leave DSC on.(I prefer to leave it on in case I do get it horribly wrong it will cut out the excessive wheel spin, well that's what I am hoping will happen) I tend to use both feet at this point (one foot on the brake and one the go pedal), Push you revs up to just over 1,000RPM (or until I can feel there is enough torque going to the back wheels that my car wont go backward when I release the brake), ease of the brake apply a Little more gas until I get some forward momentum going (My speed at this point would be at about walking pace). At that point I keep the accelerator dead constant until the boat and trailer are on flat land. The trick I have found is get some forward momentum going (at walking pace) and keep it there until you are clear of the ramp. Having said this I only ever recall launching of one greasy ramp over at SA (this was with my XR8), The back wheels didn't go crazy mainly due to the low and steady RPM I was using. To be honest most ramps I use are pretty decent and apart from encountering the odd ramp full of sea weed that's been about it. Not sure if this really helps. In the end 4x4 will always have the added advantage when retrieving a boat. Having said this running into a really greasy ramp has been a very rare occurrence. Hope this helps. Hi Colin, Appreciate your feedback. What are you planning on towing with your XR50T? The one point I didn't drive home in my original post is to always use Manual Mode when towing. Having control over when you change up and down makes a huge difference. On the way up I prefer to hold my RPM a tad higher for the same throttle setting in Manual Mode then would otherwise occur in "D" as this prevents placing to much load on the engine once you have changed gears and your RPM dips. On the way down I use it always for its engine braking. Being able to wash of some of your speed by changing down a cog has so many advantages. Not sure why your mates at work didn't believe you. Come on, how many black XR50T are cruising around
  14. Hi, Picked up my XR50T in November and since the beginning of December I have been using an iPhone app called GasCubby to track my fuel usage and servicing. So far round town I average anywhere from 14.2 to 15.5 (even clocked up the occasional 16L/100 just before Christmas where I never touched a freeway and got stuck numerous times in some very heavy Pre Christmas traffic). Normally around town equated to driving to work which is around 10 minutes (no freeway), driving around Melbourne with the occasional freeway run. Will watch with interest to see if my fuel usage changes at all now that I have fitted an XR8 air box and snorkel,
  15. Hi, I haven't modified my trans cooler in anyway. I do believe the FG does run a trans cooler as standard on the ZF box, from what I gave read its located near the gearbox itself. Hopefully someone here can verify this. How very true, This is truly the first time I have ever owned a car where I did not have to ring the its neck when overtaking. Interestingly this also has a direct link to your stress levels associated with towing big miles. Putting it simply I felt more at ease with this trip than any of my previous ones and that has to so with the fact that I don't have to push this car hard when overtaking. I'll be the first to admit 4x4 will always have the upper hand in the towing stability department due to there sheer mass and, wider stance / wheelbase, however strap a set of load levellers on to your Ford and the upper hand is reduced. Cheers,
  16. Hi tab, Sorry I forgot to mention I always tow in manual mode as I like to always be in full control. Apart from having precise control on the gear change I also use to slow down by down shifting. I tend to use 6th gear when towing at 100km + and only when the terrain is fairly sedate. I always keep a close eye on my instant fuel usage through the trip computer as its an easy way to tell when the engine is beginning to load up, in which case I'll shift down to 5th. I do agree with you however. If you are not accustomed to long distance towing best to leave it out of top gear. Cheers,
  17. All, Firstly I do apologise for the super long post. I wanted to document and share my recent experience and also wanted contrast it with my towing experiences from the past. Also I have posted this story on another Forum but considering my recent car of choice I also wanted to share my experience with everyone here at FordXR6turbo.com. If this is inappropriate I do apologise. Before you start reading you might as well grab a coffee or a tea as you will be here a while. Hope you get something out of it. Just completed my first interstate trip with my XR50T towing my boat. The trip itself is nothing new to me, being an avid sports / game fisherman who loves fishing remote destinations. One of my favourite destinations is the Spencer Gulf in SA. To date the furthest I have towed my boat was from Melbourne to Port Lincoln. In total I would have driven over to SA towing my boat some 15-20 times over the last 10 years. During this time I have used several tow vehicles, all with their pluses and minuses. My boat of choice is a 19ft Hines Hunter. It is without a doubt my other “Pride and Joy” having recently completed a 2 year restoration and rebuild. As my wife is originally from Adelaide my family always joins me for the Melbourne to Adelaide leg of the trip. Therefore the boat and tow vehicle is called upon to carry extra gear as we go way for 2-3 weeks at a time. My boat empty (and dry, I.e no fuel) weighs in at 1,600kg (weigh-bridge certified), with extra gear on board this goes up to 1,800 – 1,850kg (I always make sure there is very little fuel is on board before leaving to minimise the towing weight). When you factor in 2 adults, 2 kids and extra gear in the boot my tow vehicles are called upon to carry / drag along somewhere in the vicinity of 2,000 – 2,100kg. To give you an idea I have listed the tow vehicles, there good and bad points and some of the destinations: 1. Ford BA XR8 (fitted with Factory WDH) Melbourne to Adelaide, Melbourne to Port Pirie & Melbourne to Port Lincoln. It handled these trips easily. Found the ride to be a little on the firm side. I do recall feeling a little sore arriving in Adelaide and again in Port Lincoln. Nothing major I might add. The only problem I had with this setup was the car tyres. After some 30,000km the rears were shot due excessive wear on the inside. I partly blame myself and a lack of experience as I never got the car wheel aligned. Looking back I should have got the car wheel aligned after each trip, as I feel this would have made a difference. As for fuel economy it would average from 18-21L/100km, not bad considering certain sections of the journey are a killer on fuel with huge hills to negotiate. Car was great when it comes to reversing the boat as it has a decent turning circle. 2. Landcruiser 100 series, 6cyl on duel fuel Borrowed my brother’s Cruiser as I was in between jobs (had to hand the XR8 back to the lease company). Only used it once. It certainly is a very stable towing platform. Performance wise it was sluggish although that was largely due to the power loss associated with the LPG system. Also one of the thirstiest vehicles I have ever towed with. The other thing that stood out for me was the car/boat combination was not very manoeuvrable due to the large turning circle of the Cruiser. I would often find myself having to correct the boat when reversing by pulling it forward (hope this makes sense) 3. Ford Territory Ghia (with factory WDH) Over a 3year period I would have completed approx 7-8 interstate trips with the most popular trip being Melbourne to Whyalla (still love going there). The Territory was a good compromise between the Cruiser and the XR8. Excellent ride, very comfortable and decent power to boot. As for fuel consumption she was a thirsty sucker coming in 2nd behind the Cruiser. She would often average in the low 20’s (L/100km) and peaking as high as 23-24l/100km on the toughest leg of the journey. 4. Nissan Navara D40 (2.5L TD) Decided to give Crew Cabs ago. Tricked up with a nice set of 18” wheels and full leather interior I completed around the same number of trips as I did in the Territory. The Navara had a lot going for it, heaps of space, very versatile, very good ride and commanded the boat well. Now this is where it gets a little interesting. Performance wise it took a little getting use to being my first diesel. With plenty of low down torque she could pull away from a standing start with ease, however overtaking from 90km was possible as long as I got on the gas early. Having said that most of the time I would just wait for an overtaking lane as the little diesel had bugger all top end power. What also surprised me was its fuel economy. Now I must admit when towing my focus is not on getting the best economy as I am more focused on getting to my destination as quick as I can. Having said this the Navara would average around the 18-20L/100. Its fuel economy would really take a dive when pulling my boat through the big hills as I would often have to gear down to maintain speed. In fact at any speed below 110km (unless the road was dead flat) I would have to sit in 4th gear (5 speed auto). 5. Ford FG XR50 Turbo (fitted with a Hayman Reece WDH) What a surprise package this is. Firstly after jumping out of the Navara the first thing I noticed is its manoeuvrability. With a decent turning circle reversing my boat is a breeze. As for performance this car is truly scary (in a good way). It’s not just a case of towing with a car that has heaps of power and torque; it’s the way she delivers that power that makes it an absolute joy to tow with. The highest RPM I used whilst towing was 3,500rpm and I would often change gears between 2,500 – 3,000rpm. On top of that I could tackle most terrain sitting in 6th Gear. To be honest I didn’t have the courage to tramp the XR50T when towing as I genuinely feared the stress it would put on my boat / trailer would cause something to break. Looking back I shouldn't have been that surprised when I worked out its fuel usage (using a program called GasCubby on my iPhone). One of the toughest legs of the journey is from Adelaide to Bordertown (around 250km), you burn through a heap of fuel tackling the monster hills between Adelaide and Talem Bend (around 90km). Well the XR50T ripped its way through this leg of the journey consuming 18.5L/100 under full load. To contrast this I noted my fuel usage during one of the real flat legs of the trip (Port Wakefield to Adelaide, around 75km). As I reached the outskirts of Adelaide my trip computer was showing 14.5L/100km. To say I was gob-smacked was an understatement. The reason why she used such little fuel hauling such a big load at first may not be so obvious. When you tow with a vehicle that delivers the majority of its power and torque at 2,000rpm, then add in the fact that she can cruise along under full load between 1,500-2,000rpm sitting in top gear it shouldn't be such a surprise. Having said this I was quite genuinely blown away. The ride in the FG has changed somewhat compared to my BA XR8. It never felt harsh and I certainly didn't pull up sore after a long tow. Best of all I took my car back to the dealer after this recent trip for a wheel alignment. I am happy to report that they found no abnormal tyre wear and no adjustment was required. It’s still early days, however it was relief to get a clean bill of health on my tyres. In closing when I left Melbourne I really wasn’t sure what to expect. In fact I was half prepared to accept my FG would possibly be an ordinary tow vehicle. What I found was the complete opposite. At this stage I can’t see myself going back to a 4x4 and unless Ford comes up with a better sedan that the FG I am sticking with it. Again sorry about the super long post, just wanted to share my experience. Please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them. Cheers, Chris
  18. Gladi, How about a black XR50T Would be happy to help out although being 12 months away allot can happen. With my work and other commitments it would be too hard to give you a definative answer right now Keep in touch if you are interested. Chris
  19. No phone call here bud, might have to rev up the Fleet Manager at Strapp Ford
  20. To Harry and Viper, Congrats on your new toys. they both look awesome. Had mine for almost 3 weeks and have cranked out 1,700km, give me the slightest excuse and I bolt out the door and into my new toy. There is only one last test it needs to clear, that's the long haul tow test. Will be heading of interstate in a few weeks hauling nearly 2 tonne of boat. As long as it does a respectable job I will be over the moon. Having owned a heap of 4WD's in the past I don't expect the Falcon to be as stable under towing conditions as a big 4WD. However what it gives up in towing stability it claws it all back and then some in sheer pulling power (just got to be careful I don't rip the trailer out from under the boat......lol). Just got to rack up a few more Km's before heading off (need to be close to 3,000km and get the first service out the way). Hmm, what a problem to have. Guys, enjoy
  21. Thanks Adam, As the 3,000km service is a complimentary service the cost of the oil change is something I would have to pay (which I am cool with). Good idea none the less, will mention it when I drop my car off in two weeks time
  22. Hi Giantlobster, My dealer is Strapp Ford in Doncaster. This is the 3rd car I have bought from them and have always been happy with their service. If you decide to go there ask for Peter in the Servicing Department, he has always looked after my vehicle servicing needs. IF you need anything else let us know, happy to help out. Cheers, Chris
  23. AJ-8-0, Been informed by my dealer that the 3.00km service is just an inspection. Having said this he did encourage me to jot down any issues I experienced in the first 3,000km at the back of the owners service book as they were happy to address them. Even if they only do the inspection you more or less don't have much of a choice bu to take it to a dealer otherwise you compromise the vehicles service history. Hope they sort out your issue. Cheers,
  24. Apologies SteveR, just found the posts you were referring to. Thanks again for your help.
×
×
  • Create New...