Jump to content

SmokinXR6

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SmokinXR6

  1. Bugger me giantlobster, I'll double check my paperwork just in case. I have never bothethered with full sized spares in the past so its not something I was even intertested in ordering. Not sure if the Fleet Manager did it as a thank you gift as its the 3rd car I have ordered through him.
  2. Thanks for the feedback SteveR, Any idea why they changed it on the 50th Ann. Even the inter cooler itself looks like more like a radiator with the fins across the centre. So no one at this stage has modded the 50th Ann? Just curious to find out at what stage the inter cooler would need to be replaced of you were to go in search of more power. Thanks again for your help. Chris
  3. All, I recently drove past a Ford Dealership and checked out a brand new XR6T (not a 50th Ann) and noticed the inter coolers were different, the one at the dealership had an all silver inter cooler where mine is painted black at the ends. Are they still the same or is there a difference between the two? Just curious. Cheers, Chris
  4. Congrats on your new 50th. We must have picked up our new 50th's almost on the same day as I have had mine for 2 1/2 weeks. Do you also have the same grin permanetly welded to your face, can't seem to get rid of it personally and best of all there is no known cure. Enjoy the ride
  5. Thanks giantlobster, Look forward to seeing your beast. After I picked up my car I discovered the dealer accidentally fitted the Ford Tow Pack. The mix up stems from the fact that I did originally order the ford tow kit then changed my mind after my lease got approved. In any case the dealer has been kind enough to change it over for me. Turns out that they now have to remove the the entire tow setup as the Hayman Reece load levelers do not match up with the ford tow pack. Best surprise I had was this afternoon. My brother popped over for a quick spin and decided to check out my boot. Well bugger me but it was then I discovered a full size spare in my boot. Is the full size spare standard on the 50th Anniversary or did I just get lucky.
  6. Hi all, Had my 50th Ann XR6T for 2 weeks now and I am still completely blown away (hopefully the local cash converters aka speed cameras haven't been too active ). Seriously there is nothing south of $100K that even comes close when it comes to bang for your buck. Having also owned one of the first BA XR8's I am impressed with the improvements Ford has made in the technology department. Especially like the many configurable options in the car (first time I can remember having to read the owners manual) Will post some pics shortly,
  7. Name: Chris Age: 42 (damm I am getting old) Sex m/f: Male Location city /state: Melbourne, SE Suburbs Occupation: Desk Jockey - IT Manager for a Medium Enterprise that specialises in Asset Management in Power, Mining, Process Manufacturing and Telecommunications (yes, that is a mouthful.....lol) Currently drive: 07 Nissan Navara TD, with custom wheels and leather interior. About to put her on the market in the next week or so) Next drive: Have ordered a 50th Anniversary XR6T in Silouhette. Taking delivery of my new toy in early November Married: Yes, with two gorgeous kids and a very understanding missus
  8. Hi BCR01, You are right Ford do not offer a Factory sunroof anymore due to the ANCAP safety rating (dealer mentioned that Ford wouldn't have achieved their rating otherwise). That's why I chose to go with a sunroof from Prestige Sunroofs here in Melbourne.. Ummmmmed and errrrred about this for a while but 80% of all my cars have had sunroofs, so I couldn't help myself
  9. Hi all, Been a long time lurker of these forums. Thought I would chime in since my lease just got approved. Ordered a black XR6T 50th Anniversary with Reverse Camera, 2300kg tow pack so I can still tow my boat around(got the dealer to substitute the factory load levelers for a hayman reece unit), Prestige Sunroof and tinted windows. Dealer already has the car I want in their holding yard and were kind enough to reserve it for me whilst I got my lease paper work done. Only bad news is I have to wait until early November for my current lease to expire. What a torture, knowing I could have my car almost any day but have to wait another month... ah well only 30 more sleeps to go, not that I am counting.......lol Cheers, Chris
  10. Looks awesome. Been a long time lurker of these forums. Thought I would chime in since my lease paper just got approved. Ordered a black XR6T 50th Anniversary with Reverse Camera, 2300kg tow pack (gone for the hayman reece load levellers) so I can still tow my boat around, Prestige Sunroof and tinted windows. Dealer already has the car I want in their holding yard and were kind enough to reserve it for me whilst I got my lease paper work done. Only bad news is I have to wait until early November for my current lease to expire. What a torture, knowing I could have my car almost any day but have to wait another month... ah well. Cheers, Chris
×
×
  • Create New...