Jump to content

F6 RAPID

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    2,332
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by F6 RAPID

  1. Help???? I have put nearly every combination of plates into the QLD database (not much to choose from) and these are the best (only) two left that I can see. Which one would you guys prefer???
  2. I just don't think it would be able to pump in the required boost. After all, it's a little small isn't it.............
  3. Yeh, not bad ed. :D
  4. How about a Citric Acid Turbo ute?? If you can stand the colour!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, I won't have it until mid-Feb anyway, BUT, I have been given my SIDO number today!
  5. You guys will be amongst the first, I promise! One of my options is a motorcycle tie down kit. Why? Do you want the 520 in the back in the photo?? Nothing like jumping back into leather seats after a muddy ride. And hands up if anyone thinks that that will actually happen.
  6. If you read the comments, not one person has said anything about the turbo being inferior. Why? Because we all know that it is a pretty capable device.
  7. I was in two minds. Blueprint was my first choice and they allowed Citric Acid available on the xr's and I really wanted something different. Oh well, at least you won't miss it! And it should be the only one driving around the north side of Brisbane for some time!!!
  8. I had to tell someone seeing as though I have been reading about all these good luck stories about you guys getting your cars earlier than you originally thought. I was in line to take delivery of my xr6t ute in early March (read between the promised lines!). I spoke with my dealer before to arrange something else on the car when he informs me that he was speaking to a customer that was due to take delivery of his ute in Feb but said he could not take it now until late March. So guess who has moved up the queue?? The only real difference in our orders was the colour - he ordered Blueprint, I want Citric Acid. Now my dealer is ringing Ford to get the colour changed and I am in business, earlier than once thought! Mid Feb delivery!! Pics when it arrives I promise. :D :D :D Miracles DO happen!!!!!!
  9. Right on DZ.
  10. Thanks Ninka - appreciate the sentiments!! bcl is correct. Unless you are pumping in excess of 25psi into it, an external wastegate is not an option. And even then you will be using a different turbo - methinks not. Your car already has a BOV. You have no need for one and don't even think about changing it for external venting one! You will sound like all the imports on their way down the street between gear changes! There is NO more performance to be gained be an external venting valve.
  11. Go to www.autospeed.com.au, when it loads, go to Special Features on the left hand side. When that page loads, scroll right down to the bottom of the page and in the search box type boost. Do a search and you will have plenty of articles to keep yourself amused. Essentially, the wastgate (under direct from the boost solenoid and wastegate actuator) bleeds off excess boost - the xr6t is limited to a max of 6psi - as you know. It is a valve-like thing that is situated right beside the exhaust turbine in the turbo. The BOV vents excessive boost build up between gear changes (what it was meant for). For example, imagine you are motoring along at full throttle nearly full revs, the turbo will be spinning at something like 150,000-200,000 rpm. When you back off the throttle, the turbo is still spinning at these revs but can no longer push air into the motor and the boost builds up VERY quickly in the intake chamber. If this air continues to build, it actually forces back onto the compressor of the turbo and can slow it spinning quite dramatically sometimes to the point of damage. The BOV vents this excess air while leaving the turbo spinning so as to minimise the time taken for it to "spool" back up again when you plant your foot for the next gear. Does that make sense? Read autospeed, they explain it a little better than me I'm sure.
  12. F6 RAPID

    Xr6t

    DZ, you have hit the nail on the head. If the car is designed and the ecu is programmed to run on normal ulp, you will not get any better performance from using pulp. It will just be a more expensive exercise. Most cars these days that are designed to run on pulp have knock sensors on the motors and the ability to retard timing if necessary if you have to use normal ulp. Contrary to common belief, no car has the ability to "sense" what sort of fuel you are using, that is impossible. What the car does in fact do is try to run its normal program continuously and if it senses detonation or the like for example from using ulp instead of pulp, it then retards the ignition timing. A lot of factors come into play here, for example, a car using ulp over pulp will be more likely to have the ignition timing retarded in hot weather while under load and probably less so in very cool weather. Just an example for you.
  13. Come again ???
  14. Completely correct!
  15. Guys, when is the SIDO number actually available?? I have been promised my xr6t ute early March delivery, so when should I be able to obtain this sacred number?
  16. :lol: Mrmods, you are completely correct! You are NOT changing the rolling diameter of the tyre, it is simply a lower profile tyre with a higher profile wheel. Nothing else changes (diff ratio) because there is NO NEED for it to change. The rolling diameter of the wheel remains constant. Geez. Why do you think you put lower profile tyres of an 18inch wheel as opposed to the 17incher?? TO KEEP THE ROLLING DIAMETER THE SAME.
  17. AMoffat, I will give the kid a break when he; a- learns how to spell (can't, like most 12 year olds coming out of our education system today); and b- tells us why the 8 is "deffenatly" better. After driving both, I am sure he could share his views on the good and bad side of both. I have no problem him joining in whatsoever to this forum. You must be proud to have raised another Ford man.
  18. Is that a big cheesy grin I can see on the driver!!!!!!!!!!! Don't blame him. :lol:
  19. the xr8 is deffenatly better but 6300 isnt much there must be a downpoint id rather get and xr6t and change the bonnet to make it look better ive heard that the engine isnt that much better in the 8 hany Being 12 years old hany, do you really have any idea about what you would do? After all, how many have you owned/driven??
  20. I have to ad my two cents. I love turbo cars, have had 2. I had ordered an xr6t. The salesman (who I know) called me today and asked where I was, I told him and then he rocked up 5 minutes later with a white xr8. Hmmmmm. Okay, first impressions, pretty bloody impressive, then I stalled it. Yep. My office is on a slight hill, but still. I do not like the drive-by-wire in this car. It seems you have to push the peddle down a long way before it starts to gas up, and I obviously didn't do that enough!!!! The sound, oh the sound. Awesome. The induction roar is unreal. I only imagine what junking the airbox and replacing it with a K&N filter pod would sound like!!!!!!! It definitely sounds the business. Then the worst thing happened. The check engine light came on and the car went into limp home mode - very impressive (750 kms on clock). I stopped the engine and restarted it and everything was fine again. Hmmmm. It definitely has some go, but whether it is perceptively faster than the turbo I am not sure. It is a different type of power as you would expect. Handles like a dream, very rock solid. There is virtually no mid-corner bump steer, very impressive. There is however, a LOT of driveline lash, yuck. That is the price you pay for the power in a mass produced car I suppose. This happened about 2 hours ago, and all I can remember now is the noise. Oh yeh! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  21. This would explain why you made a previous post about turbo lag hany and showed you had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. After all, you are only 12. It makes much more sense now.
  22. Each to their own. As I have said before, I hope no-one else orders Citric acid, because then I will have it all to myself! At least you won't miss it! Me driving around in Vomit as hany so eloquently put it. Should be an interesting sight. Should also provide my mates with a laugh. I wonder if there will be any corn ........
  23. If I ever receive my car, I will wait until it is run in and then I will let you all know how I go.
  24. You can change your BOV for an external venting one, however, it will screw up your AFR because the air that is venting has already been measured for intake so it needs to go back to keep the AFR accurate. The air that is vented has already gone through the intercooler at any rate.
  25. So 260kw's on standard unleaded? That has got to be a good thing.
×
×
  • Create New...