-
Posts
322 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by HSE2
-
Why don't you guys get either wheels or motor to run a story. Start a thread where everyone who has or has had this issue says so and send the details to either magazine. All it would take is to list the threads on both this site and on FF and send them of to the editor and ask them to mention/follow up on the situation.
-
Is there an update on ytour situation I should be reading? I note the for sale sign :(
-
V_XR6 is correct. The barra220 or triton 5.4 VCT is an American designed and built engine. Until the quad cam picks up VCT or VVT the BOSS won't come with that feature.
-
Haaa, your always a good read my friend and thank you for telling me about your experience. I would agree that if you’re not satisfied with the BA models and what they deliver then should definitely not commit to one. I also drove a few VY SS (series 1) before purchasing and found it too close to the driving characteristics of my 1998 AU XR8. Although I very much liked my AU, I expected more from a 2004 model and the BA XR8 was the only one (out of the VY and the Ford) to deliver it. Getting into the VY from the BA, felt like I was back in my AU again with the same/similar firmness, ride quality and harshness of the AU (which was fine for 1998). Not that this was a really bad thing, I’ve just already done it you see. roundabouts I guess. Great speaking with you (as always). As always our summation and ideas on things are pretty bloody close. Where I differ is that in 1998 Ford struck on a set up that worked well. It found its way under models 4 years later relatively untouched. Am I looking for values from 1998 in 2004? No. The problem is that the cars from that era were regarded best in class in key aspects of overall performance. Feed back from both the tiller and the suspension was and is superior to that of the equivalent BA model. As a performance car, where you have to live with that compromise (in Tickford speak), it did the job better and was greeted with the universal praise from most parts of the media. The T3 is still regarded as the best performance car this country has produced. I am suspicious that the much vaunted Control Blade IRS is generating the mechanical grip of the Au IRS. The BA models don't appear to have the same grip in the same conditions. The problem is that desirable performance traits from yesteryear don’t disappear. True, they evolve but the balance is left of centre. I applaud Ford for bringing the performance compromise towards European levels of sophistication but not at the expense of the intended purpose. The VY doesn't enjoy the steering feel or feedback of the AU series but is ahead of the BA. Ford went backwards in this area and that is unfortunate in a performance car. The ride which is normally a secondary consideration in a handling package, for a car with 18" well I would disagree and say the VY would be a head of the AU if fitted with the same aspect rubber. Even in 2004 for a performance car that delivers on its intentions it isn't annoyingly so. Models from Audi, Subaru and BMW are very stiff in this regard and are all regarded as acceptable in 2004 because of that intended purpose. If ride refinement and NVH are primary concerns then the BA is the car to have no question. If they are then there are other cars on the market that do a better job again. Quality between the two generations is also subjective. Consistency of plastics was an AU problem. Design and application not a strong point on BA. Joins are easier to see and misalignment easier to detect. Territory improves on this especially the centre console but it is swings and roundabouts as you say. The victory to the BA over the AU isn’t as clear cut as many would believe; BA was never intended to be the knockout blow. Here is another BUT. While ever this problem exists in the range this model can never be regarded ahead of anything. Personally I believe the Boss cars are worse then any other model in either series. I am not sure why that would be because I don’t think the transmission is at fault. I know some T3s have this problem but towards the end of the AU run it generally appeared that they were getting over this infliction. Perhaps the Control Blade has caused another set of circumstances again. I don’t know. The part I can’t get my head around in Simon’s case is that the responsibility is with the dealership firstly. You have a problem with your car you take it in to the dealership and tell the guy at the counter. Your car goes to a tech. In 9 out of 10 examples the dealership is guided by the techs diagnosis of what the problem is and what the fix should be. If I understand this correctly that admission is being made. If this car isn’t at the top of a bad list of normal behavior for the example, it should be worked on free of charge. We know they have an issue by this time we f***n well get that, but the question is if there are better examples on the road that don’t have as much of a problem in this area then surely Ford have a responsibility to accept the word of the dealership and make the situation as close to the top of an ordinary list as possible. As I said even in AU days the attempt to improve was always made even with the understanding that it might not be a 100% improvement. If Simon’s car is as bad as some of the cars I have come across even a 50% improvement would be huge. If the dealership is to convince Simon to stay with Ford then they are most likely going to have to deal with his car on the flip side. On the second hand market this won’t fly. The car will continue to be a problem while ever it remains below other GT examples. My word limit per topic has expired. Simon best of luck. I am genuinely disappointed for you, especially after the excellent treatment afforded to you over the T series compensation. Where has that mindset gone?
-
I've never driven a (VY) Late model camira so I can't comment on the mechanicals (except to read on LS1 forums that they still have engine issues). As far as looks go the S2 VY is streets ahead of S1 and the sharp, angular looks has grown on me a bit but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the best looking Expensive Daewoo to hit the road. If I was going to go to the 'darkside' I would get a VX. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Absolutely! I like the fact that with VY Expensive Daewoo shook up the appearance. I think there is a fair amount of Au in VY. I like to tell Expensive Daewoo people that anyway regardless of what I believe. :lol: I like its sharper look. VT and its other numerous iterations were a pretty boring conservative attempt.
-
Hello young man, it’s been a while since we last spoke. :lol: Are you trying to tell me that you were serious going to buy a GT and are now backing out because of the potential drive line shunt? Something even yourself admits is a lottery. These cars are bloody fantastic and the shunt is unfortunate, but it’s not affecting all of them and if the car you want is there to drive, try it first, take it for a weekend and see for yourself. If its not apparent straight away in most cases it will never be. I have an BAXR8 with no shunt and it’s a dream to drive in all respects. If it doesn't have the shunt it will be a fantastic car to add to your collection. What are you waiting for and stop procrastinating? Cheers, Colville Indeed it has. I am afraid that procrastination really isn't an issue. The reality is that I have never been completely enthusiastic about the BA in general. Yes I defend the Aust Fords on platforms as diverse as LS1 or Blue oval news, but on more than one occasion I have sampled manual BAs and have come away shaking my head. After launch I pretty much decided BA wasn't for me and continued my association with a European manufacturer an example of which I took delivery of early in 2003. Disappointed with the Turbos drive in a rev range I consider important, I was dismayed to find the XR8 to be pretty much in the same boat when compared to the responsiveness of the Au Xr8. I say this knowing that by and large the BA is a better overall package but the XR8 is soft in my opinion. It isn't the driver’s package it used to be. It lacked packaging when released, (being addressed as we speak) but its identity has been muddied by cars either side that do the job as well or better. A very dear friend jumped to a BA auto XR8. Best car he has owned out side of its economy. I like its refinement. But for the first time I find the Expensive Daewoo equivalent to be the better driver’s package. I am not ready to say I am getting old and I would really prefer not to buy a Expensive Daewoo product but I did get a quote on a VY2 SS. In my eyes they are the best looking Expensive Daewoo to ever hit the road. I say this to you because I know we can be adults about it not like some other places and people. The mistake I made was taking my car to the test drive days. Once I returned and drove home in my car the difference was extraordinary. What followed was a bit of a sh*t fight with BA owners with in the club and some sales staff. I had a cover note in place and funds ready but the product failed the deal. In the end I offered my car for them to sample. One owner took it to 170 in 4th as his benchmark of rolling acceleration up a hill from point to point. The sales team returned from their experience and tore up the trade quote. That’s the real difference in what I have and the product Ford offer now. In all the cars, in all the money I have spent in my relatively short life, I have never taken a backward step. I work too hard to make one sacrifice when it comes to driving enjoyment. I continued my search for an XR8 replacement with a new Subaru GT emerging as favorite. A last ditch effort by a rival dealership saw development head back to the FPV product. I made a commitment with that dealership to purchase the FPV product and placed a deposit. The test drive was an Auto GT-P. Mondie knows a little bit about what I signed for and my comments regarding canceling were my way of telling Simon that I am getting edgy and thinking twice. Was the comment serious? Yes it certainly was but its meaning only really carries weight with Simon. His treatment errased those second thoughts. I am extremely happy to hear of your example and even more so to learn it isn't giving you problems. Congratulations
-
For a fleeting moment I considered canceling my intended purchase and buy the Gt in the showroom at my local dealership. Possible the nicest GT I have come across and had the perfect list of options for me. I came home and read this thread and promptly wiped any such thoughts from my mind. That’s one missed sale because of this issue. Mondies problem just cost Ford 67k in the here and now. Keep going and it will cost them alot more in the not too distant future.
-
The VY clubbie in our fold is hard on tyres too, but generally speaking if it is only tyres that are the problem I wouldn't go as far as calling it crap. The Expensive Daewoo chassis is harder on tyres and that is before the IRS is taken into account with chamber movement or lack there of. The Holden’s have diff trouble brake trouble and engine trouble just like FPV has had. What makes it worse from the Ford point of view is that they were sitting back watching the HSV dramas only to repeat the same mistakes. In some ways it isn’t surprising given where the componentry is soured from. The problem with this issue is that it isn't consistent. It’s a genuine lottery. A problem can't be normal for a model while ever there remains a reasonable high percentage of variance with said problem between examples of the same model. Ultimately this is a Ford problem. Ford foots the bill for all warranty claims. If I was having this problem with the BA and was being told the same thing I would be requesting other examples to prove what was being said was correct. I have driven enough to know that the difference between good examples and bad examples is huge and noticeable but sometimes the dealers need to be confronted with the evidence. (They already know) The fact is any dealership has the power to try and rectify consumer concerns. This is a known flaw and as such trying to help the customer shouldn't raise red flags.
-
That view is of the concept and not the production model. I wouldn't put any stall in trying to work specs out by what you see on the FPV web site
-
HSV have their own set of driveline problems that are mainly vibration issues. Mate had a new shifter installed for a known issue only last week in his VY clubbie The problem is that great manual cars are pretty hard to come by and then you pay an arm and a leg for them. Many high performance variants are auto only. Manual strength is a real issue. Japanese models could be an alternative but they tend to be a bit on the small side. There won't be a fix until one of three things happen. The media bag the sh*t out of the cars over this issue or an owner takes the fight public. For such a wide known fault there is relatively very little exposure in public. The last is that people don’t support the product. Don’t return as customers.
-
There is no doubt in my mind that the Ford products have the right combination of parts to make this issue a pretty serious one. In the worst cars it isn’t one point that is at fault, it s a combination of several. Clutch diff tail shaft and in BA throttle all conspire against one another. Don’t forget that this particular version of driveline issues has been in play since the AU. Previous models exhibited issues but not in this league. This is now 6 years (over half a decade and the same ol same old is in play. We are continually fed the line that a fix has been found but basically that is crap. 6 bloody years and say that like Murphy at the 5 minute Bathurst penalty. So the latest instalment has a Ford employee telling a customer that a behaviour of a 2003 premium model is with in acceptable limits when in 1999 XR8s were having diffs thrown at them for behaviour that is very similar. David, does your company really rate the product behind that of 5 years ago? We have a situation where cars that were deemed problems in the AU era would be prevented treatment in today’s market. How about we contact all those Au owners that got diffs, clutches and driveshaft improvements and we remove them for consistency sake. I mean in that era Ford Aust was in the red and the attempt to improve the product was very evident. Fast forward to yesterday and a car that clearly falls into the same AU criteria is deemed acceptable. This isn’t a joke, its way beyond that. Yes I know the way the car is driven alters the behaviour, body shape has a lot to do with how bad a particular car is. Seat position is very important believe it or not. In fact it is the easiest way to improve the car. Better control of the clutch release does improve it. Yes these cars can have this problem driven around. For a large percentage of these owners the concentration level required to achieve this is exhausting. Long term the owner hates the product and it is that simple. A driver’s car where there is no enjoyment in driving. Perhaps the single biggest flaw a performance car can have. This latest piece of information means that Ford has registered the faults from the past and given up on customer satisfaction with the newer model. Interesting way to run a business - Interesting way to promote a premium product.
-
You know my opinion Simon. Best of luck with a fix.
-
The only problems I have heard or experienced concern the reduction in head clearance for tall people and some have wind whistle issues.
-
Can't wait to see what they change
-
I thought the engine source change happened in between the GT production run. There is an expectation about what money will get you in terms of features. It is relative but it doesn't matter if it is a $13990 or $350000 car they are still there. If it is a performance car then it really doesn't change that much in so much that the performance is above and beyond the donor car. In a nut shell that is how FPV work or think. Each person has a different expectation or understanding about performance. Some are happy with straight line speed while others have a broader definition that includes handling and stopping. Others will include driver enjoyment and comfort to complete the mix. Polites talked about giving the consumer more options. If there is truly a market out there for this concept then it should happen. I doubt there is myself. I just can't see anyone paying more for less with a minimal performance gain at the end. A product that won't be user friendly as a daily driver and really on serve as a race track special in a series like GT production. The 427 failed for a very similar reason. Once you get too far outside the donor car it qualifies as a separate identity in its own right. That means a completely new set of ARD testing. Stripping a car isn't cheap and in today’s world it doesn't say much for an engineering company if it is the only way they can get performance out of their product
-
I think this is more the case The problem with a pov pack is that it will be labor time consuming to remove equipment and in the end the performance gain will be negligent in a car like the Falcon. Take air con for example. Anyone suggesting this as an item to be removed has got rocks in their head. Yes there was a day when this was considered a luxury but in those days the cars weren't sealed like they are today. Hands up those who use aircon as a demisting tool. There is a safety point to aircon as well as a comfort point. Once aircon is checked the weigh saving over the interface that controls is an even bigger joke. The standard HVAC has an eleven speed fan if memory serves me right. A pov pack can't happen on the production floor. The only place this can happen is at FPV. Next problem. Who here has removed trim,dash what ever in the cars? Has it ever gone back they way it came or has the exercise caused rattles that wasn't there in the first place. Sure it can be done but in my experience the pay off isn't worth the hassle. I think the BA has brought in an obsession about weight. I have no problem looking to save weigh and more so weight in the right place but there is a reality to this exercise. It always cost money. If it isn't in labor it is in expensive materials. The SV8 doesn't have a problem in isolation, it is in the entire range. Being obsessed with weight at this end of the budget gives you a product like the Holden. No thanks not for me.
-
The article made mention that when you are getting up to this level of torque, specialist boxes are required. Used a couple of Euros as an example and I guess as an extension, budget considerations is always the deciding factor considering OMF perquisites. You probably have the Mag by now so you can read it for yourself, but it struck me as a strange statement if the rumors of a stronger box are accurate.
-
I see in the latest edition of Blueprint (No5) that the target for torque was 600nm Driveline considerations prevented them from achieving this aim Also note that this car sits along side the GT. Not below and not above
-
Are they any times for this car yet?
-
You were obviously prepared to wait till the F6 was launched before updating. I think it is a pretty safe bet to say performance wise and handling wise the F6 will be the pick of the FPV range as they sit right now, but is the GT getting an upgrade around the same time? If time isn't an issue hold on for a while and see what FPV have up their sleeve.
-
Right now as they sit my pick would be the F6. Lots of reasons won't bore with details. Mondie, be careful with the Europeans. I have had and still drive them today. To get Ford levels of power your are looking at mega bucks. BMW are taking a hit in the quality stakes with the new 5 series not up to earlier model standards. At the right price sure and second hand more so but I can tell you all my cars have been sold with in three years and I have never done better than 60% (new) The more they cost the more you lose, which I don't have to tell you. It not easy and it is frustrating seeing your pride a joy drop like the proverbial but some of the parts in these Europeans are frightfully dear. How’s $600 for a rear view mirror? New v second hand when it comes to warranty is something to keep in the back of the mind. One thing though- you might actually get a half decent driveline :banghead: I like the way FPV are handling the 03 models. I am sure there are great deals to be had but so far I haven’t seen them publicly listed in the papers, “call” being the term used. There are obvious reasons why Europeans do better in resale and they have nothing to do with the product. Comes down to stock control and brand value. Both HSV and FPV could do to take a close look. However I think there are signs of improvement in both camps. Order only on the HSV side and the way FPV are handling 03 stock are two examples
-
The past conversation has been on topic to a degree. It shows that this is nearly an impossible answer. Whets value and how is it judged and against what? No two people are going to come up with the same answer because our value system is different. People that are prepared to mod against people who are not, people that value straight line sting opposed to balance and then people that will acknowledge the advantage of one side over another and then critique it in such a way that the money sum doesn't add up. That mule that was talked about, well 270 was about the kws it was packing but the torque was the key to that car. It was the torque that made it special. Broken down - no car offers value for money. A depreciating asset that’s primary function is to get from A to B. Moving along from that thought we branches into desirable, recognition status and so on. We twist the argument to the point that we can nearly justify and balance the argument to accept any solution to what our heart wants. The conversation was on topic just a round about way of showing how people’s values will be different. The term value infers that we are after the cheapest or most effective way of getting the job done. There is no simple answer for that unless there is a standard to rule against. Will this car sell? I would think that would be a given. Will this car hurt other performance fords in the line up? I would think so but does this offer value in the Ford line up or against the competition, how long is a piece of string!
-
Redhawk I agree 100% but that is the difference. An all round package is what I believe the GT is best at. For example I disagree with your WA colleague that the T is a better town car. I have found you are using one gear lower than the V8 versions. On the highway I found at cruising speed of between 100 and 110kph the rpm was just off the boil. Pull out and there is that little bit of hesitation that you don’t get with the GT. But this is that personal side of things. Where the cars you have had and the cars you have experienced mould ones preference. Make no mistake about it I am a mug punter like the next bloke. A carpenter by trade I have been fortunate to be in the right places in the right time. This more then anything gets me invitations to Audi, Porsche and Mercedes drive days. There is nothing special to it and I don’t pretend otherwise. I do take pride in forming an opinion and seeing how close I get to the “real” testers. Over many forum years that has led to conflicts with lots of people up to and including David Flint. Plonky can attest to that Talking to engineers is as simple as going to one of the motor shows and talking to them. Again nothing special. Yes Car 930 is the mule. I think what we are getting is a bit different but you can see the company that car was in. Steve is a very good peddler though. The second car would have finished inside the top 15 and that was as standard as any Targa car gets. Would have been a sensation result for Micky T and the guys. If you remember back in the article that motor printed this car was not very nice when they first got hold of it. They race on special compound rubber and do have unique suspension tune. Back in 2002 I was the secretary of then Tickford car club of Tassie. At the Tickford day I got to meet a couple of the guys from the WA branch. I am terrible with names but I think they were President and Vice President. Terribly nice blokes that I have lost touch with. If you don’t mind can you say Ian from Tassie says hello. Hypnodoc I hear what you’re saying about getting some Kms under the proverbial belt but with respect that alone isn’t enough. For staters in most test-drive situations it simply isn’t possible to have the car for that long. For example I can get a Ford product for a couple of hours to do a road loop but I can’t do the same with Subaru. The relationship isn’t the same. In that time the decision to buy is usually made. I would say that the amount of Km’s on the test unit is important with anything over about 2000 being a good start but that isn’t something the consumer has much influence over. By the same token that again isn’t enough because unless you have the ability to drive back to back under the same conditions the comparison just isn’t the same. The smallest things make a difference. An extra person is enough to completely change the way the package works. If I couldn’t form an opinion on a car after a standard test drive I would be in trouble. I take the car over a section of road that simulates the conditions I intend to subject it to over its life. Now down here that isn’t a problem. Being a car enthusiast is also about being a driving enthusiast. There are exceptions I know but these guys normally drive Holden’s. I believe first impressions are normally right provided the drive takes in the type of surfaces and conditions that are used by the intended owner. Does time and kms change that opinion, yes it certainly could but the longer you own a particular car the longer the time of experience with the previous car has become. You tend to convince yourself the devil you now own is substantial better when in truth the difference probably wasn’t that great. You don’t have to be qualified to have and express an opinion. The way a car feels is so subjective that getting people to agree is nearly impossible simply because no two people are the same. Oh the joy to be in the business of making people happy. I know people that are able to tell what a car is like by doing the block. Experience allows this, and in others they just have a feel for it. It is natural that ownership brings knowledge of things that aren’t picked up with a one off drive, but I disagree that in something as major as car behaviour. Basing an opinion on one drive is more detrimental then experiencing km’s over different examples of the same model. In other words if you find something you dislike you are more likely to test another car to see if the complaint is common to the model. By nature the entire BA range is very compliant. In the Tickford days they had a reputation for being rough or harsh in ride with moderate benefits to control. Universal in the praise of the ride characteristics have the press been of the performance Fords in the BA series but they all tend to go soft if exposed to the right conditions. Its not rocket science to know that the point that determines turn in might struggle if weight is an issue. Weight by itself isn’t something to be afraid of. There are far heavier cars on the road that have very good balance they just cost about three times more. I said I was interested in your comments in relation to cornering and that was genuine because outside of owner groups the lighter of the Fords is generally referred to as the more neutral. That doesn’t make your comments wrong just that you have or experience something that is to your taste. I was interested in why you were saying what you did and the reason you felt that way. That’s how I learn. The open road to me suggests anything out side the city limit or urban running. As far as I can tell you and are I about as opposite as it gets. For example I tended to get frustrated with the turbo. Giving it more herbs won’t fix the issues I have with it so there would be no way I would order the F6. I don’t believe the turbo has the drivability of the GT especially in manual form. Auto not such an issue.
-
Good to see ya Geoff! I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this new member's first post...... Yeah I did notice it and I know who he is. While he isn't Geoff he certainly was in a position to see what he claims
-
HSE2. When you OWN both cars and get to drive them LOTS then you get a chance to make a sensible and unbiased opinion. I have already ordered another T, a Typhoon in fact and I think the T is a great car, and a better car around town than the GT. But out on the open road no hope, especially in standard form. As for the targa, well the 2 Ts entered, 1 for the development of the Typhoon, they may have gone quick but neither fininshed, and as no one can pull the speed limiter from a T, it couldn't have a chance on the open road against a GT. As far as the roads I'm talking about are concerned, normal flat surfaces with the usual undulations. Above 180kph the T is like a broken masted yatch in a leeward sea, and if you can bang a wheel against the stoppers in a GT, well I think you must have found an exceptional pothole. I don't mean to be offensive, but a standard T against a standard GT, the standard T is gonna have no chance (see site post from those who have tried) and an APS stage 1, will grab the GT between the lights, beyond that there is no contest. :banghead: With regards to braking, I was suggesting that the STANDARD BRAKES on a T are shocking, and FMC should be ashamed of themselves (SEE BRAKE POLL) they fade out in no time and shake an earthquake through the car if used above 160kph. At 200 kph the GT will still pull hard, and the standard T is running out of puff Not sure to laugh or cry 1. No both cars didn't fail to finish. Car 930 finished in the top ten 2. You are all over the place with the construction of your comments Owning any product is neither a perquisites nor necessary on making an unbiased comment. To even list it is an insult and displays gross amounts of ignorance. Watered down that basically reads- until you own both cars shut your mouth and keep your opinions to yourself. If you don’t like comments being questioned or are unable to explain yourself then forums aren’t the place to raise the points. As I have stated your definition of open road is certainly not mine. You continually refer to top speed work in which case there is no argument and I don’t believe I questioned aspects of braking. I will direct your back to your original comment that I questioned. “But hit that open road where the real purpose of the GT can be experienced and there is truly no contest, you find that out at the first corner, at the second corner, and every corner after that." I didn't agree with that comment with constraints and in context. Plain and simple. You introduced the GT 's ability to handle corners over that of the XR6T. Not travel at warp speed and drag light shuffles. I won't be side tracked with railroading aimed comments. Generally speaking people don't make comments for no reason. I can't say I have ever read where the previous owner of an XR6T has switched to a GT and been disappointed. And that is the way it should be. The GT sits up the tree and Ford would be in trouble if it was anything other than that was happening. I have already admitted that the GT would be my choice, but ultimately you and I aren't talking about the same thing. The GT isn’t the car to take on hill climbs and Targa like work in my experience. The XR6 remains the better balanced package from which to start and that is the simple unbiased truth like it or lump it. It is based on spring and damper set ups compared to the weight above the front axle. It is an opinion that I have formed myself from my experiences and with consultation with FPVs own engineers and their track experience during testing. In fact that conversation was the high light of my life. Although I got the reasons for the handling wrong and I was assuming the limit had been reached too early, he claimed that only the very top people at FPV and Ford would have the ability to find what I did. That is the 100% truth. Of coarse I have no way of knowing if it was genuine but it certainly made me feel good about my ability to test a car. That’s all I have to offer in response to not owning the cars in question. Modern Competition Classifications Outright - Progressive Leg 5 - FINAL Subject to outcome of protest by Car 933 Sorted By Classification Posted at: 18/05/2003 9:23:46 PM Unless marked 'FINAL' these scores are subject to validation Notes: OOLT DNF ====== = Out Of Late Time or Missed Control/s = Did Not Finish = Cleaned Stage Base Time = is the target time set for a crew to complete a stage without incurring a time penalty Pen Time = Penalty time is the actual time taken by a crew on a stage less the Base time Late Time = each crew has a maximum time in which to complete a stage. Late time is the time taken over the maximum time Veh No Crew Vehicle Cat/ Class Capacity Total Time O/All Pos Overall Margin 919 Richards - Oliver 2000 Porsche 911 Turbo 9LMSD 6120 0:22.30 1 806 Glenney - Lang 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 8LMSC 4420 0:23.40 2 1.10 977 Broadbent - Goedheer 1999 Porsche 911 GT3 9LMSC 3600 0:24.09 3 1.39 899 Garwood - Perry 1995 Porsche 911 Turbo 8LMSD 6120 0:25.01 4 2.31 996 Quinn - Wenn 2001 Porsche 911 Turbo 9LMSD 6120 0:25.52 5 3.22 05 Brock - Gigney 2002 Expensive Daewoo Monaro CV8 T3 9LMSD 5700 0:29.04 6 6.34 903 Rattray - Jackson 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX STi 9SRE 3396 0:30.00 7 7.30 959 Burke - Botha 2000 Porsche 911 GT3 9LMSC 3600 0:30.28 8 7.58 936 Blackie - Ransom 1999 Porsche 911 GT3 9LMSC 3600 0:30.41 9 8.11 930 Hoinville - Williams 2002 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo 9LMSD 6800 0:32.13 10 9.43
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.