Jump to content

xr6t ute

Member
  • Posts

    442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xr6t ute

  1. Might give those michelins a go when the falkens are worn out. :banghead: Shane.
  2. Fair enough, get scratched for sure. Shane
  3. By the way wade, in my opinion you should get the smooth one- it would look sh@t hot on your ute Shane.
  4. Yeah,that sounds about right wade. I paid $1695 when I bought my ute (for the smooth one). You should get it a bit cheaper by going afermarket. Not sure on the warranty if you get a ford one but it might be like the car-3 years. If it is it might be the way to go. Shane.
  5. 1,000,000 bucks.......you gotta be joking Shane
  6. Thanks mate, I had a suspicion that it might of been the tyres. Next time round have to do my homework a bit better. How do you find the falkens apart from being noisy? Shane
  7. Ive only recently put 18's on my ute and the first things I noticed was the feel of the car and a fair bit more tyre/road noise. I expected the feel to be firmer etc. Now can anyone tell me if the increased tyre noise is because of the brand of tyre or is is because of going to a lower profile tyre? At the moment I have Falken ze 326, 235/40 on front and 265/35 on back. Shane
  8. Welcome to the forum Gary and congratulations on your decision to get an Xr6t over the commondore. Like a lot of us who had to wait, it seems to take forever but well worth it in the end. Hope you enjoy your new beast when you get it! Shane
  9. good call Shane
  10. no need for an oil or trans cooler over there by the looks of it Shane.
  11. I only went the 235/40-18 option because it is closer to the rolling diameter of my 17" spare. Where as the factory fitted 18" have 245s fitted. Shane.
  12. I asked a while ago and was told that I needed to have the numbers too. I will try a different dealer tomorow, I really want one of those gauge holders. Anyone know the part number for the gauge pod? Shane.
  13. xr6t ute

    Diff

    If I was in the same situation as you jb, I wouldve lost it by now. If ford cant get it right id take it to a good diff shop like blown ba said and get someone that knows what theyre doing to rebuild it and hit ford up for the cost. Shane.
  14. I mostly use ultimate and when ive used optimax, I havnt really noticed and differences at all. I think I recall dynosteve saying that he found it a bit harder to make the power on his xr6t using optimax. Shane.
  15. Just got one today from autobarn as well, CPC brand part#SL107ULP Shane.
  16. I like your style igsta, bloody good looking ute! Shane.
  17. does nothing for me Shane.
  18. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> How true! One of the reasons someone buys a new car is to have reliable and trouble free transport, just goes to show that sometimes it doesnt work out that way. Shane.
  19. That makes it bit more sense, I was only going of the pic and what it looked like to me. I have heard of the rear crank seals leaking as well. Shane.
  20. He is a top sportsman, no one can doubt that. But im not a big fan of him because he comes across that hes up himself. He didnt even give nalbandian a mention in post match interview to say it was a tough match. Shane.
  21. Not sure what you really mean mr66, from the pic I think you talking about the bolts holding your auto in. You can tighten these up as much as you like and it wont fix the leak, you could take one of these out and it wont leak. From the pic it looks like its running down the block and if its not from the rocker cover try your sump bolts(all the overhead ones) , dont overtighten them though. Hope this helps Shane.
  22. Ive got NFI! Shane.
  23. Very different........not so sure I like it though more pics might help decide. I remember seeing an xw or xy with a late model dash/interior in ages ago and it looked ok, not so sure about putting late model panels etc on an older car though. Shane.
  24. Hope they catch the pricks mate! What happens if they dont turn up? Will insurance cover them or do you have to pay out of your own pocket because id imagine they wouldnt be cheap? Shane.
  25. what the *beep*?? Shane.
×
×
  • Create New...