-
Posts
80 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by druxr6t
-
Had a bit more of a look today and found "immaculate" has no meaning at all. Scratches in dash and body is far from immaculate!!! Saw a Ex Patrol car though, 80,000kms and that was somehow better condition then a $53000 F6 we looked at!!!! Actually made me want to buy it, 2010 model for $31k...dreaming - maybe if it was 26k!
-
I haven't been on here since I owned a 2006 BF XR6T with the ZF6 which was a long time ago now! Basically the missus and I have decided to get a newer car and get something that we will keep as a family car for when kids arrive (god help me) in a couple of years. Basically this is the dilema I have on my hands. I have found 2, 2008 FG F6s for sale with around the 50,000km mark on them, both in manual and up for about 40k. Now the F6 would be my absolute ultimate car to drive, but I am wondering whether it's a better decision to just buy a late model, low km FG XR6T. Many around for low to mid 30s. My partner does do a few kms (20 - 25,000km a year), will the F6 be better off than the XR6T in 100,000kms? Just want to see other peoples opinions on the matter because I'm not sure which way to go. Is the F6 worth stretching a little more with the financials to get something with all the trimmings (and I suppose will hold it's value better) even though it's got higher kms and out of new car warranty? Sorry in Advance if this has been asked before. I searched and found topics comparing BF F6 to FG F6, BF F6 to FG XR6T. Thanks, Andrew.
-
You don't know what to believe when your talking to a salesman. Sounds like a similar speil I got from this guy with the Nitro Blue ute, I gave him a call and after a good long chat he said 32k with 12 months insurance - which I was pretty happy with (late 09 model too). He had to 'confirm' with his manager and come back to say only offering 34,500 with 6 months rego - bullsh*t lol. I told him I am happy to wait around for one in the price bracket I want and all he keep saying was how I could put a deposit down over the phone to hold it, so many people after this one, won't last long lol. Considering the idea of running up to QLD for one. It's in that aqua colour and '08 model, up for nearly 35k. It's got the lux pack but only downside is it's auto. Maybe hassling them a bit for 30k driveaway too
-
That is an excellent price! That exactly what I am looking for. Did you have to bargain them down to that price or was it just a rushed sale?
-
Another quick question, what price should I be paying for a XR6T ute? The one I found was 2009 Nitro Blue, Manual, Leather, Tech Pack and the 18's...$34500 with 6 months rego. I told the guy that was too much, I thought $32,000 with 12 months rego was reasonable?
-
That will work out good then. From memory when I drove my mates ba mkII xr8, the clutch in that seemed heavy and I was assuming that it would be much the same. Then again, I suppose it's a newer model - and an updated manual box aswell! Starting to get excited. Found a Nitro Blue manual xr6t close by
-
Thanks for the replies. The more I think about it, the more I want to lean towards the auto. I don't have plans for big power, maybe a tune and an exhaust down the track but that will be it. I suppose I will see how heavy the clutch is in the manual, and if it's alright - she can suffer in traffic! Either way, they are both good tranny's by what I have been reading.
-
Hi everyone, Well I used to own a '06 BF XR6T Sedan with the ZF tranny and had to sell it. Well time has come to finally get back into a XR6T and have decided that a newer FG is the way to go, in the ute of course . So I just wanted some help/advice from some of you on here. I have tried to search for information on current issues with the FG's and what years the issues apply to but haven't had much luck - I will be looking at a late 08 or 09 model. If there is a thread listing these issues, could someone please post a link - I tried to search for it! When I am looking at the ute and inspecting it, is there some things in particular I should be paying attention to? Noises or visual signs? And last but not least, I can't decide whether to get the ZF again or go manual. The missus gets to drive it 5 days a week (in traffic) and I will have it on the weekend! Decisions decisions! Thanks in advance for replies Andrew.
-
that's the biggest thing I have been worried about! I think of it as, I'm only 23 with alot of life to come. I've gotta focus on the house and apprenticeship for now and once I finish, I will look at getting myself into a BFII Typhoon. It's a hard decision, mainly because I loved the car so much, best car I have ever had and it is such a pleasure to drive. I'll miss her, that's for sure.
-
just sold my XR6T....so a depressing time but looking forward to the future of home owning!
-
Have decided that if I get what I want she will be sold. I will use the missus astra in the mean time for weekend duties but looking at getting a cheap little run about. Not sure what to get yet, thinking about just going back to the ol' lasers or a hilux work ute. Thanks for everyones comments, its going to be a sad time when it comes to seeing her sold but its for the best.
-
Current rims look tough, if anything just get them powder coated a darker grey and leave the lip chrome.
-
My T only comes out on weekends, so usually I am in a transit work van! So if you see one flash any of you, that's me lol
-
Thanks for the replies guys. So far no luck. Enquiring with a Abattoir this afternoon, but there isn't much around! Will try some retail places soon, but they are last resort. Rather do some dirty work than deal with customers lol
-
Over the last 3000kms I have averaged 12.3L/100kms. That with giving it a bit, hardly any freeway stuff and just country roads! I think it's pretty impressive.
-
I'm constantly worried about parking my car in a crowded car park, missus car has heaps of dents on hers from people opening their doors. It bloody sh*ts you.
-
I believe so! Did you chuck a U turn at a set of lights? I had the missus in the car, so I could only cruise and watch lol
-
Spotted 2x XR6T on hume hwy having a bit of fun, I was in the Black XR6T. Anyone on here?
-
White XR6 Turbo in Mount Annan parked. Plates were OVA-888 or something along those lines...?
-
If I were at home I could have done it for you! I don't think the black bonnet will suit the colour but I could very well be mistaken! Car looks real nice btw.
-
"The Family Car" "Track Car"
-
Thought I might try my luck on here and see whether anyone knows of places in sydney that have weekend work available? Just of late my current employer on the weekend has lost alot of work and doesn't have that much available for me, hence trying to find a new weekend job. So far I have rang up factories, with most only doing mon-fri, and looked all around on seek/careerone etc but can't really find anything. Basically, I will do any type of work - labourer, process worker, removalist, data entry, anything that pays good money! lol If anyone knows of anything around the Sydney area, mostly south-west...It would be greatly appreciated!!! I'll shout some beers for the person that finds me a job haha
-
I heard that the money collected from the tax on the pre-mixed drinks was going back to the alco companies which was then all going to 'drinkwise'. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. The government is just money hungry and mask everything up with other issues! I think it's an absolute raught what they are doing, and think about how much tax they put on fuel! I read the other day that tax accounted for 70c out of $1.50 worth of fuel! So just for filling my tank up they are making around $42 off my at that price! We already payout enough as it is. Heard on the radio this morning that apparently the price of smokes will be increased aswell since a 'study' has found the 7 major causes of death have some sort of link to smoking. I don't smoke so it doesn't really affect me, but just another way to pull more money out of our pockets. Oh wait, I get $900 from the government soon. I love Rudd! (please note sarcasm)
-
There is a brand new Orange FG GT across the road from where I am working at the moment. Number plates "ODESSY"
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.