-
Posts
361 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by PAH
-
Sorry Admin, I ordered a couple of brake-tail lights from this crowd: https://www.ledshoponline.com.au/12-24-volt-car-led-light-bulbs-australia-automotive/12-volt-LED-brake/BAY15D-White-1157-12v-12-volt-LED-brake-lights After speaking to a few people, I concluded that the guy at the ledshoponline made the most sense. I asked a guy from another supplier for the RESISTANCE figure of the Error Canceller that I was informed I might need and the answer was ... 21 WATTS!! (not ohms). Keith at ledshoponline gave me the figure for resistor that I need to wire in parallel with his LED globes (IF required). He advised me to install a 5000 resistor. Jaycar sells wire wound 4700 ohm resistors for 48 cents. https://www.jaycar.com.au/4-7k-ohm-5-watt-wire-wound-resistor/p/RR3312 A couple of crowds are asking $40 for the Error Canceller magic box. The bulbs from ledshoponline apparently use Samsung LEDs so I guess they will be OK. PAH
-
Guys, Yes. The guys at Blingworks sent me these links for the extra modules: https://www.blingworkauto.com.au/philips-21w-canbus-led-control-unit-error-cancelle https://www.blingworkauto.com.au/philips-5w-canbus-led-control-unit-error-canceller The irritation is that the brake light error canceller modules cost $40. Over twice the price of the LED globes. The modules are connected in parallel to the LEDs using insulation displacement connectors. The major concern would be cruise control not cancelling when the brake pedal is tapped and I dare say that the 21w canceller would fix this. Why bother with the 5w tail light error canceller? I think that the guy at Blingworks mentioned that it prevents a dashboard "blown globe" warning light error but my FG doesn't have a dashboard "blown globe"warning light so I am tempted to not buy the 5w canceller. PAH
-
Guys, I used to buys bits off FTG Auto Salvage but they appear to have disappeared. Does anybody know where they have gone or if they are trading under a new name? FTG Auto Salvage was always happy and I'd like to continue to deal with them. PAH
-
Guys, Can anybody recommend a diff workshop in western Sydney? Possibly one that looks after forum members? PAH
-
Yes I could have just included the URLs rather than worry about the accuracy of my typing. https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/repco/repco-cv-drive-shaft-nsa1038/p/A9496175 https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/repco/repco-cv-drive-shaft-nsa1039/p/A9496176 I hope that these items are OK. I had to act quickly. I was tempted to buy the Pedders parts that are supposed to cope with 700hp. Time will tell if I should have spent the extra on the Pedder 700hp parts. PAH
-
Guys, Repco is giving 30% off today. I just bought a pair of axles. Normally $320 each. $240 each today. Part Numbers NSA1038 & NSA1038?? PAH
-
Admin, Yeah could be. That's how you ID a crook driver isn't it? The clutch shudders and the diff whines when they see the crook driver take out his car keys? The diff whines that I've heard make a constant noise under power. The noise I'm hearing is sorta like an AC sine wave: thrum .. thrum .. thrum under power at 110kmh uphill. I just bought new rear axles from Repco. 30% off today. Each shaft cost $240. They signed me up for a Repco VIP card which gives 10% any other day. Here's hoping that the Repco axles are as good or better than the OEM parts. PAH
-
K31TH, Thanks mate. Very interesting. I might be one of the few that would look at converting a TR6060 XR6T to a "Built" ZF. PAH
-
Thanks Admin. I picked the wrong URL. They also sell red ones but I'll check out the ones that you suggest. PAH
-
Admin, The radio provides me with vocals. The noise is limited to HUMMING!
-
Guys, I see that a few owners are looking at converting their autos to manuals. Having purchased my FG XR6T MANUAL new in 2008, I've regretted not opting for the ZF. Reasons: * The ZF auto is quicker. * The ZF auto masks any driveline shunt * The ZF auto doesn't have any rollover noise issues. Lining up an XR6T manual against a VW Golf turbo with a DSG gearbox, the DSG VW catches up with the XR6T at every gear change. I guess a more brutal gear change in the XR6T might overcome that but who wants to drive without mechanical sympathy? TR6060 advantages over the ZF Auto: * Can the TR6060 handle more power? * Fewer broken input shafts? * Better resale prices for the manual? Which is more popular amongst 2nd hand car buyers? With the advent of the supercharged XR8, I assume that there's a much stronger ZF input shaft. If so can it be fitted into the XR6T ZF auto box? PAH
-
Greetings all, I carry half a dozen spare left rear tail light globes in the glovebox ... and another half dozen in my pocket. The DANG things keep blowing ... but only the left hand side globe. I think I might be onto a fix: This crowd sells LED tail-brake light globes. And the same globe is suitable for up to 24 volts and is said to withstand voltage spikes (I suspect that's why my standard globes are blowing. Has anybody else had this problem? The LED globes are $11 each. Probably plus postage. https://www.ledshoponline.com.au/12-24-volt-car-led-light-bulbs-australia-automotive/12-volt-LED-brake/BAY15D-White-1157-12v-12-volt-LED-brake-lights PAH
-
K31TH, Greetings and hallucinations. And thanks for the info. On the one hand, I've had the since new and it's 10 years old. I'm not sure that I'll need to get another 10 years out of replacement Repco drive shafts. Not unless FG XR6T prices jump north like GTHO and XU-1 prices. On the other hand the last 10 years include standard running with the factory flywheel 270kw's. I suspect that the Pedders 700hp shafts will be heaps more $ than the Repco shafts on special tomorrow so I think I'll give the Repco units a go. Thanks all for your inputs. PAH
-
Thanks Puffwagon, Where's the Driveshaft Shop? Looks like its in the USA. Correct? I just picked up that Repco have a 25% discount on XR6T driveshafts but the sale ends Sunday 10th March 2019. If anybody has any negative feedback about these shafts please let me know QUICKLY. https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/repco/repco-cv-drive-shaft-nsa1038/p/A9496175 PAH
-
4321, Thanks for the info mate. The Repco axles last as long as the factory Ford parts? I've been reading another thread on the forum and I picked up that Pedders sells 700HP axles. Does anybody have any info on these? I'll guess that they're heaps more than $200 each. Any feedback from anybody on the Pedders axles? I also found the AADI web page. Has anybody tried the AADI axles and if so any feedback? PAH.
-
Guys, My 2008 XR6T is making a bit of a hummy noise on cruise at about 110kmh. I can rule out the tailshaft. The next suspects on my hit list are the half shaft axles to the rear wheels. Should the OEM factory axles last longer than 10 years / 130k kms? The factory axles have been OK for the first 10 years so I suspect that they should be OK for the next 10 years. I'm looking at around $2100 for new factory axles plus fitting and $3000 for Heavy Duty axles. Has anybody found a supplier of quality FG XR6T axles at a better price? Another worry is my Eddie-the-Expert backyard diagnostics. I'm chasing a hummy noise at 110kmh on cruise on uphill runs. The noise disappears when coasting downhill. If I add the axles to the tailshaft shotgun list, what's next when chasing (assumed) transmission noise? PAH
-
Guys, What are the symptoms of worn bearings / CV joints in an FG XR6T tailshaft? I just drove to Melb and back on the Hume. At 110 kmh I could hear a thrum-thrum-thrum (no vibrations) on gentle up hill sections on cruise control. The noise disappears when coasting on downhill sections. PAH
-
Guys, I noticed the headlining in my FG XR6T starting to sag adjacent to the rear window. I took the car to The Little Trimmer in Castle Hill and David did a great job fixing the problem. https://www.thelittletrimmer.com.au/ 02 9680 1993 I'm about to ask him if he can fix the gear shift boot. Ford tells me that I need to buy a new gear stick to get a new gear shift boot. I have no doubt that The Little Trimmer would be able to sew me up a new boot but I need some advice from guys on the forum ... Is it possible to remove the gear knob to fit a new gear shift boot? Any other info re fitting a new gear shift boot - please let me know. PAH
-
IF Expensive Daewoo is smart (and they want the [hearts rule heads] zealots back) they will press GM US for a RHD Camaro ASAP. That should make it cheaper . . . and let HSV charge $80k to $90k for a blown Camaro. I bet there's no way a base Camaro would match the price of the XR8 or Bogan special. It's a shame that Mustang prices have crept up as much as they have. And I read this about the Mustang's new auto: It’s the Mustang’s newest – and perhaps most crucial – element that proved its Achilles heel on test: the 10-speed automatic transmission. From a cold start and at walking pace in Drive and Normal modes the shift from first to second gear (approximately 15-20m from setting off) produced a moment of free-spin following by a tremendous thud into gear. It happened every morning with both Mustangs we drove, each with approximately 5000km on the clock, doing little to fill us with confidence. https://www.motoring.com.au/ford-mustang-gt-2018-review-113984/?s=mustang But still, there's the 5 year warranty and we know we have Ford Customer Care to look after our best interests ... I wonder if the current sales slump will result in increased bargaining power for those keen on a Mustang: Sports cars under $80k are essentially all down - that segment is off the pace a massive 43 per cent. Mustang: almost 41 per cent down, Mazda MX-5: almost 56 per cent off the pace, and Toyota 86 down almost 36 per cent. https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/best-new-car-deals-this-month-how-the-july-sales-slump-helps-you The Kia Stinger is producing its very impressive grunt on poopy 91 RON fuel. I'd like to see Kia offer a 95 RON tune. They could offer it as a freebie to encourage customers to buy their $2500 zorst. The good thing about the Stinger is that it's a four door so it's a family car. But if our XR6T's are tidy they've got something no new car has. Nowhere to go on the depreciation slippery slide! Our XR6T's have already been savagely beaten by depreciation. If they're going well why buy a new car and sign up for another $40k loss over the next 5 years? PAH
-
K3ith, Thanks mate. I am already running the toughest bushes from WHOLESALE SUSPENSIONS (Arndell Park NSW). They're good guys. They've looked after me as a forum member more than a few times. My tools of trade used to be Ripley buffer strippers and polishing pucks but I now prefer to wash whiteboard marker off my pinkies. Diff gear oil is not my thing any more. I had a go at fitting new disc pads supplied by Vic Performance Parts. OWW the back ache! That's what I like about my Zimmer Frame ... very few serviceable parts in need of repair! I guess any of the XR6T Tuners in Sydney could change the diff seals for me. I might give Spiro a call. PAH
-
FG XR6T Intermittent Stalling at Idle
PAH replied to PAH's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thanks heaps guys, So where's the photos of the fuel regulator ... and instructions on removal. ;-) Is the fuel regulator the gadget on the inlet manifold so close to the fire wall that you need the fingers of a contortionist to remove it? It's held in by a circlip? If that's it I've already replaced it with a new unit from Ford. If it's NOT it somebody please point me in the correct direction. Thanks again. PAH -
Guys, My 2008 FG XR6T is almost 10 years old. First registered Feb 2009. It's the longest I've kept a car. EVER!! But it's ten years old. What are the logical options? Mustang: V8 sounds great. It's a two door with limited rear seat passenger room. Kia Stinger: OK economy. It's a four door. Good grunt. It's on my short list. Wish it was 300+ kws from the factory. BMW 140i. 6 cylinder turbo grunt. Back seat is a bit tight. Indicator on the wrong side of the steering column. Commode ZB. NO V8!! NO TURBO 6!! East west engine layout. Camaro with factory RHD. It doesn't exist. :-( Subaru STI. Does it have WRX goodies such as Direct Injection? Does it have a high tech turbo like the WRX? Where in the rev range does torque appear? Have I overlooked an obvious car? The Kia Stinger looks like it's towards the top of an enthusiast's shopping list. PAH
-
Guys, My 2008 FG XR6T is stalling at idle. It's running fine everywhere else. It's just had the following replaced. Fuel filter. Coil packs. Oxy sensor. Plugs. I understand that there are a few gadgets close to the throttle body to assist with smooth idle and I wonder if they might be the cause of the intermittent stalls? If you've had experience with the issue please let me know. Even better pls send me a few photos. PAH
-
Guys, The diff in my 2008 FG XR6T is a tad weepy. There's a small oil leak somewhere. What's it likely to be and how much to fix? The car has travelled 120k kms. Is there anything else that should be serviced at the same time? New oil I guess. Anything else? PAH
-
JAS98, I had a set of Superpro Comfort bushes fitted. I've since upgraded to the Heavy Duty units. The guys who sold me the Heavy Duty units said that I should never have fitted the Comfort bushes given the mods on the car. The Heavy Duty units seem to be working well. PAH
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.