Jump to content

ronburgundy

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,222
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ronburgundy

  1. jurassic
  2. "You know how I know you're gay? You like Coldplay" Sorry couldn't resist
  3. clear
  4. nop def Static X. I had barely heard of them until then and became a convert after that show
  5. saw them at Laver a few years later with Static X and Korn... Just wasn,t the same both the band and venue. Yep that show th the Palace was the shiznit alright. Burton has indeed lost a step over the years
  6. Fear Factory - saw them at the old Palace (near Luna Park) just after Digimortal was released, effing brilliant. No encore as I recall, just came out and gave 120% from go to whoa. The 'new' FF has nothing on the lineup that played that gig. Muse - saw them when they first came to Australia, very first show was at Hi-Fi Bar would you believe! They came back later that year and played Festival Hall. Just awesome live, Matt Bellamy is pure genius. Not my fave bands of all time (although they're up there) but simply best live shows I've seen.
  7. +Another 1 for Metallica. PS I'm not sure it was ever a pre-requisite to NOT be a douchebag to make good music
  8. foursome
  9. shame
  10. tax
  11. More worried about Swan as deputy than Gillard as PM
  12. nipple
  13. Seems like a lot of effort and potentially risk to save what, $200 max?
  14. ...or the F6 bit? I'm not a guru on the matter but I don't think I've heard anything about the T6 and Euro IV? Only the 8...
  15. Nearly spat my coffee out this moring when I heard about the 'come from behind' victory... I mean, isn't that what the Greeks are known for?
  16. house
  17. I think Apple have shunned Flash, yes. QuickTime is their thang and they're gonna force anyone who wants to be their friends, to use it
  18. eBook readers also cost a LOT less than an iPad!
  19. iPhone serves a HUGE need - we all need an app of a dog licking the screen, after all... Oh and then there's the Domino's app that lets you order their DELICIOUS pizza I find the whole 'app' craze hysterical frankly. But anyway I'm clearly not an Apple fan. I must admit though the iPad does look kinda cool - but I agree that all it is, is a gimmick. The thing has 32Gb of storage farken, and is good for 'light' use really. I don't think it is an alternative to a netbook at all. It's more expensive than your average netbook yet less powerful with less storage. Spend on a telly, you can even get one with integrated wi-fi these days so can stream direct to the tv
  20. No problem having a super profits tax. These companies make super profits make no mistake. But this is not a super profits tax. This is a 'profits above the RISK FREE rate of return' tax. See the difference?
  21. Rudd didn't get where he is because people wanted him in, he got there because people wanted the other mob out. And if you want to go even further back, I don't think we did so well through the GFC because of them, I think we did well because we came into it in pretty good nick. Slightly off topic though. The comment about "if there's profit in it..." is half-right. Problem is, the profit is now almost halved. Previously it was a 70% after-tax profit, now it's going to be 42%. It's like saying as long as there is a salary, someone will do the job. Someone trims your salary by that same amount, are you gonna hang around? Probably not, and as long as there is a salary someone will end up in the job. But even that is a very simplistic view. Again, this isn't just something that you can hire someone new. These are LONG term things we're talking about here. You don't just set up shop for a couple of months.
  22. +1 Natasha What about Keneally?
  23. I would have tought at a bare minimum WAcc Should be the hurdle.
  24. BER - Do you mean Building Education Revolution fund? or Builder's Early Retirement fund?
  25. You're right - this is how smart they are: By driving all the miners out of town, imagine all the trucks and machinery that won't be guzzling fuel. That's what it really is, it is an elaborate plan to save the planet from global warning
×
×
  • Create New...