Jump to content

Arkayne

Member
  • Posts

    203
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arkayne

  1. Way over priced. Though they won't do much deals for you if you order one from factory, have a look at a few on the lot.. They seem to like pushing out ones they've held for awhile, and if you're not too concerned, have a look at some ex-demos. Got mine for $45k, and it included LOADS of extras. Good luck!
  2. Wheels mag said the GT-HO will appear around 2011. 351kw at the engine..
  3. Hi, this is related to the OP, simply because it's a BOV question related to the FG (sorry if I'm hijacking your thread here mate). I went today to a local performance shop and, because I live in a small town, they don't tune. So they're pretty much ruled out in touching my FG. However, I asked them about the blow off valve, and making that "pssshhh" noise after changing gears / releasing throttle, and he said a simple part can be put in for roughly $35 to make that sound. Does this sound right? I was thinking $35 is a bit cheap. Not to mention this dude works on nothing but japanese cars (nothing wrong with that, I guess, but he's never worked on a XR6 Turbo, let alone an FG). Can someone give me some quick facts about BOV's for the FG (or XR6T in general) so I can atleast know if what he's telling me is all fibs? Edit: Answered my own question in terms of quick facts. For anyone else interested: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...t=0&start=0
  4. Without mods, you'd look at the low 30's for a trade in price (or selling to the dealer). With mods, and depending on the colour (trust me, this is a big thing on private sellers), plus with only 3,000km, I'd say you'd get around 40-42k for it. Have a look at www.carpoint.com.au and compare. I got my ex demo FG from a dealer with 3700k's on the clock for $45k, but it came with loads of factory options (sig), so I don't think you'd be able to sell it for more than that.
  5. Learned from the best.
  6. Also forgot to add this: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56502 NVT wrote this, and was a good contribution when I was looking at pricing a series of mods together for my FG.
  7. A good thing to mention is what sort of falcon do you have? BA, BF or FG? The XR8 bonnet for BA-BF models can be found by a simple google search. There's quite a few websites that sell them, but the best I've found is Fibre Sports and Bogan special .com.au. Both sell them, along with quite a few other exterior kits. Fibre Sports (Fibreglass): http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=88 (right at the bottom) Fibre Sports (Carbon Fibre): http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=284 (right at the bottom as well) Bogan special .com.au: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?1408 If you're looking for a FG XR8 bonnet, then have a look around the Market thread of this forum; it's hard to find them at the moment, so most likely you'll have to buy genuine. The FPV FG body kit parts are not available; the only thing you can get at the moment is the XR spoiler. Have a look on ebay or in the Market thread of this forum for second hand ones; it's unlikely to find them easily, though. If you have a BA or BF, then you can find the FPV BA/BF GT Bodykit of Fibre Sports as well. Links below. Fibre Sports BA GT: http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=228 Fibre Sports BF GT: http://www.awcinfo.com/secureshop/category.php?cat_id=408 Bogan special BA/BF GT Bodykit: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?BKP073 Bogan special BA/BF Typhoon Bodykit: http://Bogan special .com.au/product.php?BKP075 Not sure. Have a look on ebay for some, or check around the forums. A simple google search of "Ford GT stripes" brought up an ebay seller that had the side stripes, so I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find the bonnet ones. Modifying them yourself? I wouldn't even go near that. Have a look around the forums for some tips, there's quite a few. Otherwise, check out the Sponsors part of the forums, and find a tuner in your city and speak to them. You're better off going to professionals than trying to do a backyard job and breaking something. Also again, mention if you have a BA, BF or FG falcon, will be easier to assist you.
  8. Thanks again for the replies! Yep, mods will be coming, but will probably wait until late 2009 to do it.. around November / December so I can make sure the motor's all good before tuning it and voiding warranty. I'm not thinking too much, since this is an everyday driving car; so probably just an exhaust system (the BTA quad tip custom exhaust looks and sounds pretty sweet, might end up ordering one from them if there's nothing better in November), bigger air intake, tune and maybe an intercooler, depending if I get my targeted RWKW and sound (I want more of a suction sound - these FG's are so silent on boost, especially in the low revs!)
  9. Thanks for the replies dudes! Yep, very excited!! @Venom Fortunately, here in NT, I got my license before the change in law - I only had my L's for 6 weeks, and my P's for 12 months. I'm on full open license now (still restricted to Z, meaning no drink driving), but I've had driving experience for almost 3 years now. This is actually a COMPLETE change for me - I went from owning a Nissan Pulsar to this; you can imagine why I think it's the best thing in the world (and honestly, it surely feels like it)! --- In case anyone is interested about Insurance, I got my insurance at Just Cars Insurance, which allow unlimited modifications (make sure to call them and add it to the contract, you'll save your own ass this way and it won't cost anything at all for adding it, unless it's something additional, such as a car stereo system, etc). It cost me just a bit over $1500. At 19, I thought that was a pretty good deal.
  10. Sup Everyone! Well, might start with the history; About 15 months ago (Feb 2008), I was looking to buy a car. Being under 18 at the time, I knew it would be a hassle to get one, so I started saving. The history of what cars I was looking at was all over the place. A VZ Late model camira XV6 in June 08, an NA XR6 BA MkII falcon in September 08, a VY Late model camira S aftermarket supercharged in December 08, and finally, the FG XR6T. And by God I'm glad I waited! I ended up buying a 2008 built ex-demo Ford FG Falcon XR6 turbo in Sensation, Automatic, Premium Sound, Reverse Camera, Reverse Sensors, Side Airbags, Factory & Dealer Tint, Full Alloy spare wheel, Paint Protection and XR Floor mats for just a nick under $45k. 3700 kilometres on the dial at the time. It wasn't exactly the colour I was after (wanted Octane or Ego), but after chasing around Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide dealers (and even a few in Perth) to find one on the lot to negotiate the price, it wasn't easy. I was close to buying one built from factory, but would have cost me $10k more than my original planned price. So, here it is! I've attached a few photos, and can honestly say I love it. The colour is pure sex (but horrible to keep clean), the placement of the fog lights make it so damn awesome at night (the way they arc outwards, compared to the head lights), and the double glazed tail lights just make the whole package complete. The interior is just crazy; the way they picked up the console area and lowered the dash and control centre looks amazing - the bucket seats, and even the back seats (that sit on an angle, making your ass sit even lower in the car and higher in the legs department), just look amazing. The mesh overlay on the seats look incredible, and the fine detail put in is seen everywhere. The car itself only did 3700 kilometres when I got it on a Friday. It's been pretty much a week now that I've owned it, and have put another ~500 kilometres on it (my bad), but I just never want to get out of it.. The power of the turbo engine is nothing I've ever driven before. I'm a little disappointed in the note it makes, but a change in exhaust, air box & a tune can get it sounding mean. I must admit the only thing I dislike about it is the amount of buttons it has - there's so many that I ended up reading the manual for a few things! (would you classify that as a bad thing??). A few photos attached. Just wanted to share my experience with it with you guys, especially since I've been asking a billion questions about it the last 2 months. Cheers for all who helped, and I'm sure I'll be asking a billion more when it comes time to mod the beast! (photos taken with camera phone)
  11. If you're not concerned on the badge (ahem, Holden), why not have a look at a few of the '98 or '99 Late model camira utes? The V8's, well looked after, clean and reasonable kilometres go for around $13-14k here, so I wouldn't be surprised if you find one for even $10k. Else get an AU V8, or a BA NA XR6 for less fuel? Saving a bit of cash goes two ways - buying a cheaper car, and buying one that uses less fuel... ??
  12. The funny thing is that this chart shows year-to-year comparison. Think of the loss you get the minute you drive a brand new one off the lot? Yep, it's already dropped in value! But as I've told a lot of people in RL and online, I didn't buy a falcon to retain value, and it would be dumb for anyone to do so. These cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, and I honestly believe it'll last me 'til the last drop of petrol.
  13. Arkayne

    Why An Xr6t?

    Was looking at a HSV VE Clubby, but because I could only afford a second hand '06 one, I chose the XR6T since it was pretty much new. Love the look of the HSV VE's (those side vents near the side indicators are purely awesome - cheap trick, sure, but awesome!!), but the FG's have just really shined in terms of both exterior & interior design, plus the amount of work put into the engine - it really outshines the commodore, only because I drove both and priced both because I was interested. I've always been a Expensive Daewoo fan, and no doubt still am, but the Falcon really did make a significant improvement in looks, and that won me over.
  14. Unfortunately (of course, it depends how hard dealers look for you), I called several ford dealers in Melbourne and Sydney regarding this friendship deal. Firstly, the deal applies to only cars built pre-April. So if you want a new one built from factory, forget about it. It won't apply. This is what ALL dealers told me. Secondly, the only one I could find in Melbourne was a Nitro (light blue) XR6T sedan with NO factory options, not even the colored screen. Unfortunately, I caved in and bought an ex-demo car locally, was pretty cheap, but no where near the friendship price. I'd say you guys better go hunting in a few different cities, Australia wide, to find a car under the friendship deal, and don't be picky about it either. If you want it at that price, you'll get what you get.
  15. The turbo spool sound just comes from upping the boost, right? I mean, you need to make sure the system can handle an increase in PSI, so as people mentioned, an intercooler & tune should do it well. If you want the "pshhh" sound from when you change gears, then upgrade the blow off valve.
  16. Do you know if that friend discount applies to automatic XR6t's as well? I've got someone planning to give me one, but since I'm looking to buy off the lot, I don't know if it would be manual or auto (both are great for me, drove the auto and loved it, but the manual would seem to be more fun). Where are you from MARTY? Some other people in this forum quoted $42k for an XR6 turbo sedan that had tech pack & floor mats driveaway price in Sydney.. I don't think a ute with staff discount should cost you $40k, even with the options you took??
  17. I don't think you can "unregister" a car. He ain't gonna get his money back if he's purchased a year rego and it's only 1 month in.
  18. Without reverse sensors & camera, I'd assume this would be way under priced for staff discount as we've all seen the price of a brand new XR6 turbo. I quoted it at $40k with factory extras.. so I'd assume with a 5k markup, that it wouldn't be too unreasonable? Maybe I should start looking into second hand cars.. :(
  19. Haven't called any dealers yet, but since this will be my first "new car" buy (or second hand if I can find one with all these options), what do you reckon about me thinking I can get one for $45k? I'm looking to get an automatic fg xr6turbo (octane or ego) with premium sound, tech pack, tinted windows, paint protection and xr floor mats (and maybe even the reverse camera & sensors). Is it reasonable to think I can get this for under $45k driveaway price? Or should I start looking into second hand / ex demo?
  20. Saw an FG XR6T motor for sale on a website (brand new) for around the $12.5k mark. I'll dig it up if you're interested.
  21. It's not changing.. they canned that idea and will be continuing to use their i6 engine. But yes, if a new model comes out (a mkII of the FG), then expect the original FG's to drop a little.
  22. Still interested in buying an XR6 T.. Anyone still have an offer standing? PM'd a few people, but unfortunately, no replies yet. Hoping to get the forms and car ordered ASAP so I can start using the loan for something (just sitting in my bank eating mah salary haha). Cheers
  23. Damn.. some of these are awesome.. hahaha Is that even real?
  24. Ah alright, that's cool.. Cheers for clearing that up. Is it possible for you to check your PM? Sent you a message. Cheers mate!
  25. Got in-touch with one of my friend's friend who's a dealer up in Northern Territory with this info: Where did you get this email from? I doubt you're eligible, but if you are, you'll have to get the car from a Southern Region Ford Dealer as it states in the email. I am in Central Region and therefore know nothing of this offer. It is not like Ford to send emails out to people in this format so I am interested as to its origins. Though this is someone who hasn't heard of it, so not saying at all it isn't true (I sure hope it is, though - would be a great benefit to buy them a bit cheaper!) Has anyone not blood-related received a deal like this yet?
×
×
  • Create New...