-
Posts
172 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Hotwire
-
If you want to avoid rolling (as I did) then a 275/30/19 at +35 JUST clears. Any shallower would've rubbed. That is on a 9.5 rim so a 9.5 with a 255 will have issues of the rim hitting the guard instead of the tyre in my opinion. If you want +25 offset with a 255 tyre and no rolling stick to 8.5 rear - BUT a 9.5 with a 275 will be more practical (more grip) and look better IMHO
-
Ring Nick at dent masters. 0411 174 140 I've used him for about 5 years now on numerous cars - great work.
-
I like it
-
10.5 +32 will be poking - with a roll (flat) of the lip, a 275 tyre you may make it work though
-
Hamish is fantastic detailer! He's detailed my Liberty & Legnum in the past: http://www.elitefinish.com.au/mitsubishi-legnum/ http://www.elitefinish.com.au/subaru-liberty-stage-2-paint-rejuvenation/
-
What Is Your Car Background, Ford, Holden Or Other?
Hotwire replied to Dagabond's topic in General Automotive Talk
I come from a family with blue blood. Grew up with Dad owning an X.D for the first 11 years of my life, which was then traded on an EA which he had for another 7 years, then an EL for 4 years, then with a 1 year gap (with a Patrol 4x4) he bought a BA XR6T which he's had since new for 9 years now. Me personally, had an X.D, 2 EF's, a couple of Jap cars (my other preference) and now a BA XR6T. NEVER have and NEVER will own a Holden. I just don't find them nice to drive (but do like the sound of the 6.0L) -
Had mine in for 2 weeks, daily driven 400k per week. Hate the dust with a passion! :(
-
Does not do the following: Boost (in a BA) as the SAE.MAP is not a supported PID Has coolant temp, but not Cylinder Head Temp (ford specific) Doesnt do ambient air temp (SAE.AAT) Engine Oil Temp (SAE.EOT) If all you are interested in is replicating what is on the dash (speed, revs) then its not bad, BUT I was hoping to have additional info which I cant get otherwise, Which from my research is that Torque provides this via Custom PID. So my point is, if you have an I-device, and only want to spend $6 on roqyBT4 & some time jailbreaking your phone, its ok. If you are going to spend $50 on the app, dont bother, spend the $$ on an android device for a far superior product
-
I ran this on the way to work this morning... after a 35 minute drive, the app was still running and I had to turn off the car :/ BUT I hadnt discovered any unusual responses in what data it had either.. bit disappointing
-
To add, interestingly Palmer Performance noted in their forums that the FORD PID set will not be included in their application, and that custom PID's are not allowed by Apple to have such a feature:
-
Well.... Dash command is a piece of s**t isnt it! Glad I only paid $6 for registration of roqybt4 - as if I'd paid $50 for the app I'd be farking pissed off too! only reporting SAE measurements, of which the BA support is very limited.... I will DEFINITELY be putting more substantial $$ towards an android device and making use of my $5 spent on the Torque app. For anyone considering which way to go, DONT BOTHER WITH iDevices for monitoring your Ford. Pity really, as I like my iphone & ipad as devices for everything else, but for monitoring cars, the app availability just sucks!
-
For those with Dashcommand - what dashboard do you use (from dashxl.net)? With 500 to choose from, bit hard to work out whats best... looking for MAP & Gear predominantly but open to suggestions
-
Pretty certain the $18 Bluetooth unit won't work with your iPhone as the haven't paid for apple Bluetooth stack protocol info. Buy a $100 android tablet for the car. That's what I'll be doing when my niece wants hers back
-
When consulting the BA manual, the 4speed auto definitely does have a Temp Sensor. Connects at pins A37 & A32 on the PCM, has a resistance range from 3800ohm (10ºc) to 110ohm (120º) and is used in calculation of transmission control parameters. So it must be there, its just a matter of identifying the PID it utilises.
-
The 221674 is for TFT from a ZF Transmission, which is a separate module. So instead of sending the request to the PCM at 7E0 the request is sent to the TCM at 7E1. No use for you on a BA with PCM-controlled 4Spd though.
-
I have borrowed my Nieces Android tablet and purchased Torque - so mucking around with it at present to see what I can/can't access. when adding the Ford PID's, it seems to add only those published in the link I just sent - so it seems the developer of Torque had no more access to Ford PID's ufortunately. That being said, Palmer (who created Dashcommand) have a HUGE list of Ford specific PID's, as I have in their SCAN XL software, BUT They dont and wont publish the addresses for them. I presume they paid big $$ for them, as they charge extra for the Ford PID's to be included. That being said, its pretty piss poor they dont include them in the dashcommand software as its not a cheap app!
-
That PID is the coolant temp - address 0105 is simply the TCU looking to the engine coolant temp. The PID for transmission temp is 1674 - however this does not show any values on the BTR 4spa (BA) It would be good to know if the ZF 6sp reports temp at this address though. I've been researching what the address is for the BA and can't find it :( However, this link has a number of ford specific PIDs - http://diagrams.hissind.com/?p=458
-
Protection Engineering (No I don't engineer condoms,) I'm an Electrical Engineer designing protection systems in the Power Industry
-
Good source on hacking to make the bluetooth work if you want to Jailbreak your I-device; http://forums.evolutionm.net/04-06-ralliart-general/600841-elm-327-bluetooth-obd-iis-apps.html
-
On apple, the only apps I can find info on are: -DashCommand $49.99 (Last update Feb 2012) -Rev 2.0 $39.99 (Last Update Jan. 2010) -FUZZYCar $4.99 (Last update Feb. 2010) Each of these (from what I can find via research, havent bought any) dont allow custom PID - which is the great advantage of torque on Android. Ford use many PID's that are specifically theirs, and therefore with Torque if you take the time to set it up, it can be a very usefull tool... whereas apple will always just be generic. That's my research anyway, I'm not willing to spend the $$$ to find out if I'm wrong just to end up buying android anyway.
-
Torque is not available on apple - nor does the Bluetooth adaptor work. You need a Wi-fi adaptor, and then given the feedback above, it looks like there is no option for adding custom PID to any apple app. Owning an ipad myself, im contemplating getting an android device just for the car interface - will probably work out cheaper and better than buying devices and apps to make use of the ipad!
-
This is a mates car with Blaze Purple - Could look good rather than pink?
-
Thanks very much! Very happy with the look now :D
-
I like flaps......
-
New Shoes: 19x8.5 (245/35) & 19x9.5 (275/30) Just need to sort out what to do with rear cap (as thread for pulling CV into the hub by the pacnut pokes out to where cap sits)
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.