-
Posts
205 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by WARCHILD
-
Don't need a log book Steve, just get a L2S CAMS Licence. You will need to be a member of an CAMS afilliated club as well. The SRT Sprint stage is interesting, can be quite slippery, and the kerbs are rather unforgiving. It is heaps of fun though and rather enjoyable too.
-
It sat in the garage for about 8 months on axle stands before I did anything with it. I lost the passion for racing and the Typhoon, wanted to sell it. Luckily, most damage was purely cosmetic, new front bar, new rear bar, some panel beating required on the rear panels. Up front needed a new radiator, inter-cooler pipes as well as a new windscreen. Only last month I got of my arse to get the suspension looked at, to my surprise only needed a damn good wheel alignment. Got Rob to look over all thing mechanical, need new rotors, new engine mounts and new front wheel bearings. All fluids changed and fresh tank of E85. The car is back on the road and driving the way it should - once the bearings are done, even better. Every time I get back in it and take it for a spin, it puts a massive smile on my face. My passion for the car has returned, time to get back into racing. The pressure is still there to sell it, but I don't think I can anymore. Damn these cars!
-
Go hard or go home........with a bastard ass car! Albany will be a million times better than the goat track at Wyllie.
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Cheers guys for the Clutch ideas. Didn't manage to kill it yesterday, but definitely managed to crunch through a few gears. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Yeah, Rob mentioned the NPC to me. Car is track only now, so if it's harsh I don't mind. Arron, I would have no idea if the current pressure plate is ok. With the new power, it won't last long. I just need it to get through this weekend. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
For the guys who still drive Manuals, what clutches have you upgraded to? NPC? Mal Wood? After many years of abuse the stock twin plate is about give up the ghost. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
The genuines are still quite heavy! -
Recommended Workshop Western Australia
WARCHILD replied to Stevie f6's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
I bought my Typhoon from them, servicing wasn't too bad. Didn't have any horror stories, they were tough to get Loan cars out of though. -
I have them in Silver on my Typhoon, they are a great wheel. Front - 18x8.5” +30 Offset Rear - 18x9.5” +38 Offset
-
It was a great weekend, had heaps of fun. The 800m runs were the best, managed a 1000m run but seemed down on power, turns out cracked turbo housing! I hammered the car all weekend and managed to still drive it home.
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
No Limits would be your best bet, happen's once a month on a Thursday night at Barbagallo. It's great fun and you can push your car as hard as your comfortable with. http://www.nolimitevents.com/ -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Steve, I had no idea myself. I rocked up and there were no cars coming down the hill, so he said go for it. I did, managed 228kmph on that run too. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Camping. Probably will head up about 3:30-4:00pm. Would like to get tent up before it get's dark -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
I'll be at Racewars, heading up Friday arvo. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
It should be a fun weekend -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
That's why you have brakes for Steve. I plan to never see the run off area whilst I'm there. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Mat it was a great night, think I stumbled in the door by 4am. Is anyone entering Racewars? -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Yes - Race Brakes Sydney -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
For a pair -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Remsa were next on my list. Grug - DBA-5000 were $1000 delivered and the 4000's were $470 delivered Pads about $300 for the ds2500 This was over a year ago now though. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
+1 Matt at Race Brakes Sydney I have the DBA5000 Rotors front and 4000 at the rear. I usually use the Ferodo DS2500 pads and they work quite well. I currently have a set of QFM A1RM pads to go on next after hearing good things. -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
WARCHILD replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Have you done your knee again Grug? -
I have the 5000 on the front and 4000 on the rear with the same setup as you. I also use the ds2500 pads and have had no issues at all.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.