Jump to content

Roof

Member
  • Posts

    213
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Roof

  1. got it from a guy in WA (Thommo) who didn't put it on his XR6T, luckily already white but I will respray it when it's properly fitted. About $1000 retail from Ford (FRAUD).... bloody joke!!! G6E Turbo lip is same price as GT-E as it's the same part.
  2. Good stuff, that thing must sound like an animal at 25psi!
  3. Remember the brakes (rotors & pads) are recommended to be changed at 45000km's, be sure to ask the question if they have been done when buying a second hand F6, that little service of brake parts would cost you up to 3k or more
  4. Yep, stock clutch is good for F-All... had mine unhappy with standard power testing the launch control
  5. FG's are single plate with the F6, believe the BF's were twin plates. They have twin plates in the GS-GT S/C V8's.... maybe the 'latest' F6 has them, but I can tell you now my 2010 F6 stock clutch is definitely a single plate
  6. Just had a quick look at your ad, looks like you have replaced pads and rotors? That's a good thing to add into your sales pitch as it's probably a 3k plus forkout from Ford when that gets done... I know when I bought my VE GTS and my F6 new, I quizzed them on how much I had to pay to replace rotors and pads at the 40-50,000km's mark - AND IT WAS A BLOODY LOT
  7. Cheers, you have a nice steady boost line there! :sungum:
  8. Got a dyno to put up? always keen to see other manual F6's torque/power curve
  9. Yep I'd be looking at plugs/coil packs... do you know if your plugs got re-gapped with your 21psi BooooooooooooooooooST
  10. 21psi is a fair whack for stock internals!! Did you have the stock BOV still hooked up?
  11. No warning, little vibration of driveline.. mainly when taking foot off accelerator, crawled it home 2km's and very lucky I wasn't far away, could of happened the day before on my 300km trip home from Perth!
  12. Bolt feels solid, and pic shows the bush has come away from the sleeve / tubing, looks like a manufacture fault. Pat supplied these bushes in November 2010 and is sending me a new one to be put in next week and I'll have a full diagnosis then when it's on a hoist as I can't get my axle stand safely in there. Car has done 9000km's of mainly highway cruising with a little squirt in 2nd here and there - quite sedate! Watch this space....
  13. No dramas mate, I'm in Hillarys when in Perth... I work a continuous roster so not many weekends off.. keep in touch for a cruise! Don't stress too much bout ya car, she'll be what you are after in no time :sungum:
  14. That's a bummer, but lesson learnt for sure. You should be able to get a good price if the new turbo hasn't done many km's
  15. RPMS and torque NM are the same on each sheet, KW increments are not the same. Have you still got original G6E turbo? get Simon to tweak that to F6 spec (or better) and you'll probably go 360-390kw with heaps of down low grunt.
  16. You don't think so? look at the torque dotted line - that's what gives you the wheel spin you are after.. In standard form the FG's are making full torque by 3000rpms, I wouldn't be surprised if a stock FG XR6T knocked you off up to 120km/h
  17. What HP is your turbo rated at? Where do you live in Perth, if you want to go for a drive in mine I'd be happy to take you, mine comes on boost pretty hard and doesn't have a problem lighting up the rears anywhere in 2nd gear. Simon did some small XFT tweaks on my F6 turbo and pushed 16psi to get my power of 358.8kw, as you can see by about 3200rpms its made full torque power. Some have gone 385kw with the same mods and in Autos, so mine was on the 'lower' scale of things Hope you get it sorted anyway, you are in good hands either way you go and it's a shame you didn't run your turbo choice past either of the guys that could of tuned it
  18. Good stuff mate, bet you are stoked! Interested in your torque result, have ya got a dyno sheet to show us?
  19. Leigh, I believe it runs an Xtreme triple plate carbon clutch (correct me if I'm wrong Simon)
  20. Good buying bud, you will be stoked when you drive it!
  21. Yes, no idea why people don't opt for a car YOU actually drive :sungum:
  22. Good result Mark, bet it's slippery at the back now :sungum:
  23. And a preview of what it will look like when I fit the GT-E lip spoiler and remove badges...
  24. Spoiler off, parcel shelf brake light in!
  25. Yeah it sounds loud mate and what I like is it crackles nicely, the manta system doesn't crackle much at all! 400-500 or there abouts would be very nice, will have to see how things are settling next year.... if it can power slide in 3rd gear with little effort that'll do for something like powercruise
×
×
  • Create New...