-
Posts
111 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Boost6
-
I'd LOOOOOOOOOve to cruise with you guys on Sat but I'm working at the caravan yard (the one on Pt Wakefield Rd on the way out to the drags near Globe Derby) till 3pm. I've got a couple of minor adjustments to make to the ute before I drag it again, but I will be there at the drags to race my Skyline (hopefully) on the Sat night. Hope to catch up with you guys out there. I will race my ute at the next meeting - now its nearly summer there will be heaps of meetings. Bring it on. John
-
Yep - I even got a little trophy for putting it in. Thanks to Bruce for doing a lot of the work to get it to this stage - sorry about the extra 3hp! Stretched its legs a bit on the way home - it feels pretty healthy now. See you guys at the street drags next Sat night. John
-
The first Saturday night street drags for this summer is on the 6th Nov. I wont have the ute 'cause I want to drag my skyline, but would be good to see some XR6 Turbos out there taking it too all the Expensive Daewoo V8s. I will have the ute at the extreme horsepower show - looks like it will be a huge event. Maybe catch up with some of you guys there.
-
Oops. Sorry I missed the bbq. Haven't been on site for a while & missed it. Next time.
-
Going to the drags is very simple - first you cruise there, is easy to find - just on the left of Port Wakefield Road just before Virginia. It costs $37 to race on a Wed night (5-10pm) & $50 on a Sunday (10-5pm) You do need a helmet (doesnt have to be a fancy one, but must not be damaged) & you need to wear long sleeves & long pants (no shorts, tanktops, etc) They do a quick safety check on each car - seat belts, brakes,wheel nuts, coolant leaks, tyres - just basic stuff, nothing to worry about with a new car like an XR6T. Then they give you a number on the window so the commentators know who you are, & you line up for a turn. It is great fun. I have been doing it often since 1991. Once you have done 1 run, you will be doing u-turns & going again. On a busy day you should still get 4 or 5 runs. Usually on the winter wed night or sunday meetings you could do 10 -15 runs if u really want too. I think 4 -5 runs is enough to get your best time for the day. Any more than that & you are flogging a dead horse (so to speak) That said, I remember years ago my brother took his laser out & did 18 x 18 sec passes!!! ha ha Always a few slower cars there just having some fun. You guys can line up side by side so you can chose who you race against. I think the next Wed night meeting is next week on the 15th. The next Sunday meeting is on 3rd October - perhaps we should organise a small cruise out there for the day & have some fun
-
Hey Guys, hows it going? I hadn't driven the ute since the last cruise (have been playing with other cars) so decided to take it out to the street drags last Sunday. Did 2 runs - a 13.0 then a 12.8 @ 114, normal street tyres so spinning a bit, then saw that rail go up in flames. Went off for a fathers day barbie then went back to post another 12.8 & a sideways off the line 13.6 Was good fun. Lokking forward to the next cruise. So, is there a barbie at Vik's tomorrow night?
-
I been away up the Gold Coast. Was forgetting what nice weather was like!!! If some of the guys cant make it why dont we make it earlier in the day so we can actually see each others cars while we are cruising? Just an idea. Getting sick of these bloody cold nights. The ute is going really well. Pity they keep cancelling the drags as I would like to see what it does after the modifications.
-
Yeah, I might be in.
-
The Dunlops are very expensive at $550ea. I got these yokos thru a mate for $420ea (not fitted) picked em up today, will put em on tomorrow. Just a couple more skids to get out of the 245s first though. Last time ran 12.6, hoping to get a few more tenths off now - maybe 12.3? Will wait & see.
-
Yeah. that's what I have been doing. Loves it. 320 rwkw. Lays black lines in 2nd for over 100m with no brakes. Nothin like a ute sideways.
-
Probably wouldnt SEE much of the Skyline if I brought it out with you guys - ha ha ha. Seriously though. I like having a group of the same model cars out together on a cruise - always fun. I am getting some new, stickier treads this week. Going from 245/40/18 to 255/45/18 Yoko V102s. I wanted a bit more width, but also more height to fill out the guards a bit better. Reckon these will do just the trick. Will have to give up smokin them though - this ute is getting bloody expensive on consumables. Should be going head to head with the APS morpowa ute at the next street drags on Sunday August 1st. Failing that, the Wed night meeting on the 11th Aug. Be good to see some more turbos out there. Come out & have some fun. Even if you only do a couple of runs you will have a great time - & dont worry about being in a stock XR6T & doing 14s. There is always slower cars than that racing & you will have a ball. Catch ya, Boost 6
-
Looks like I missed one - havent been on net for a while. Having a bit of a tyre issue at the moment so couldnt of come out anyway. Last Tuesday we had a photo shootout at AIR with my Nizpro kit vs Morpowa's APS phase 3. Had a great day out there then went back to Morpowa for back to back dyno. Both utes were just shy of the 320 rwkw mark & feel very similar to drive(both being auto) I think the article will be in Zoom magazine in a couple of months time. Simons ute is a nice new red one - looks great. Will catch up with you guys on the next cruise.
-
Last one was good. Pity, where ever I go there is an oinker in the bushes!!! Got the ute back now, the trans is excellent. I always like the country runs - a few more traffic lights for racing wouldn't go astray though!!!
-
Yep, was good day. & I've still got one life left - thank God for small mercies. Next one will have ute out to fly the blueprint banner. Catch you guys next time.
-
Bruce has a bad cold, so he not coming. I will bring beemer & tag along - try not to leave me behind.
-
Hey bruce , how are ya
-
Technically, it's today. Bit pissed so I'm still up.
-
There is some old footage of my GTR from the first Drag Combat on this DVD, was surprised to see me on there as that was 2 years ago. It's great to see the XR6 Turbo on a DVD like this - gives the jap cars a run for their money.
-
An atmo 140 kw beemer - just doesn't seem to do it for me, but it is a good cruiser & daily car. The GTR is not quite finished yet.
-
Nizpro Stage II kit, GT valve springs, Bosch fuel pump, Larger wastegate/actuator, manifolds ceramic coated, stainless exhaust, kevlar cluches/shift kit, stall convertor just about thru 2nd set of dunlops after 9000kms! One day - stronger rods/bolts, forged pistons, more boost. Boost & tyres - I must have more boost & tyres. Factory options - Blueprint paint, automatic, hard cover with spoiler, premium brakes, GTP Wheels/tyres, sports steering wheel, prestige sound, ford alarm, XR mats, cabin tidy, pollen filter, XR scuff plates, HD tow bar, rope rail kit, sump guard rust proofing, tinted windows. Sold my VU SS ute to get this one - not looking back.
-
My ute left Melbourne (on TNT) today so wont have it back till next week - babow. If the weather is good I might still come (I'll just have to bring my other car) For those of you that are interested, the reason it has been out of action for a while is I decided to upgrade a few things on the ute. The main one was the trans. It had been slipping since I came back from Perth (Drag combat runner up) so rather than just get it rebuilt to standard specs it was stripped & now has kevlar clutches, custom servos & valve body, heavy duty shift kit etc. The torque convertor has been rebuilt & the stall has been increased by 300 rpm (still with lock up). While it was off the road, bruce did an excellent job of fitting GT valve springs, & a bosch fuel pump. The turbo was removed & has had a larger wastegate & actuator fitted.While it was all off, I got the exhaust manifold/turbine housing/wastegate housing ceramic coated. When it all went back on a full stainless exhaust was also fitted. After the trans guy in Melbourne finished with the trans, Simon from Nizpro did some fine tuning. With the Cobra stage 2 kit & these extra mods this set-up is easily capable of 350rwkw, but as it still has the std internals & I want to use it every day & occasionally tow my race car with it, I asked Simon to back off the tune to around 300rwkw. The main goal was huge mid-range torque rather than more top end power, so cant wait to get it back next week & see how the tyres like it! See yall on Sunday.
-
Yeah mate, I coming ( either in the ute or with bruce) Also, saw a big group of GTs recently - pulled on of em over, found out they are the FPV & XR club. They are having another cruise on the 27th of june - said a few turbos are welcome to tag along. TAG ALONG - more like leave em behind , ha ha. see ya.
-
I may not get my ute back in time for the 13th. So maybe 20th would be better - but if every one prefers the 13th then I can always catch a ride with someone (hint badxr6)
-
Blueprint Auto Ute. 18" GTP wheels etc Stage II Nizpro kit - 280rwkw Best mph 115 (at Kwinana) Now looking for more power.......
-
Cool. I have been waiting to get my ute back & should be ready by Fri night (had a few mods done). I am using it in a Wedding during the day (6 utes!!) but will be free by the evening. I missed out on the last cruise so looking forward to this one. Who else is coming out? Is Mile End confirmed?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.