-
Posts
3,109 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by JB
-
I think you will have alot of support on those comments. Problem is the miority groups always seem to have a higher share of voice.
-
Glad to hear such a great story Derek. You hear of so many horror stories it's great to see someone who got their monies worth. A shame she's gone, so what's next on the cards?
-
Don't spend the money if you don't need to. Standard Exhaust with Bigger Cat will see 300rwkw. Give us a run down of your Mods and we will try to point you in the right direction. The sensitive thing about the T's is they don't neccessarily respond To normal turbo mods due to the parametres set in the PCM. Cheers JB
-
I've been told that under extreme driving conditions that the fuel system may not be able to keep up with higher power maps. By extreme I believe driving at 180kmph+ for prolong periods. This won't be relevant to most people but for those that would do this sort of driving upgrading the fuel pump could be an option. This isn't from my own experience. I have been told this and am passing it on. Geea. Do we feel like wise old men? I'll just go get my Pipe......
-
I'm still here guys, just letting Jules take the reins for a while..............
-
How selfish, how about organising a date when I am available!! *Sigh* I don't know people these days....
-
Don't put the horse before the cart. Depends on what stage your T is at now. Unless you are chasing over 300rwkw you would be better spending your money on something else.
-
Can someone record it for me?
-
Just remember boys....... The NOS connection goes into the chamber, Not you mouths to be inhailed!
-
What power you gain will depend on your car. Each one is different as the tolerances in each engine vary by up to 20rwkw, Do a search on the forum and spend some time understanding the benefits of it and what is best for you.
-
sh*t Deek, my heart sank, glad you are ok. Hope the beast is as well. That car has som serious pull when accelerating hard. Very familiar with that stretch of road, but when oil is involved, you are just a passenger! Take care. JB
-
Yep ended up loosing 3 out of mine. Ford refused to fix it under warranty as they said they had never seen it before, and blamed the APS exhaust I had on their, even though it did not go near the area that the bolts were missing. Checked with my tuner and they confirmed that they had no reason to got near the turbo to install. Spoke to others who had aslo had the same problem, quite common, however if ford can wrangle out of it they will, even if it's a $5 fix.
-
Welcome to the club, many members in this one..... I suggest you do a forum search, plenty of info and possible soultions to your problem. The best solution, if you can live with it, Leave it!
-
Another quality entertainer Gone, and no-one good enough to follow in their shoes these days. Coming from a british family I grew up on whatching these guys every week. R.I.P
-
Yeah see youre point Adam. I always used to say, at what point does it all stop? Where is the finish line so to speak.. Enjoy what will be a very tough street car
-
Tipical. Victoria's going to the dogs. It's always the bloody minority groups that have all the voice. Because it does not offend most nothing is said, however it seems to be in society today that if you don't speak up positively about something, these groups get on their bandwagon and get things stopped. Suppose they better put a ban on most billboards, TV advertising, and magazine advertising. I've seen more rauncy advertising in young girls magazines, and because they don't get seen by these moron's in their civil liberty's groups nothing happens. These people will not be happy until we are all bloody robots with no self expression or thoughts, particulaly with the current government. Craig you can guarantee I will call monday morning. Will the last person to leave Victoria please turn out the lights.................
-
I directed another member to Suspension City in Nth Melb. They charge just $80 to fit, if you have your own springs. Alignment, if required, would be on top of course. I dont know anyone out your way Marcel. Was this where you got yours done?? And I assume that's $80 for all four or $80 fitting for each?? Also, apologies for the ignorance, but what is SL & SSL??? thanks heaps... Marcel, Super Lows and Super Super Lows I believe. Make sureyou get the comfort option. It's in the code of the spring. Something like SSLKFM etc. Best to check from where you get your springs. Midas in Blackburn fitted mine and did a wheel alignment for $200. They also changed over my exhaust that I was trailing at the time for free.
-
Strange to hear that Bain, you would be the first person I have heard has had to do that. But obviously worth checking then for those contemplating changing springs.
-
Marcel I agree with Luke best thing I ever did. Reduces body roll, and if you get the comfort option you will basically maintain the standard ride. Whoever said that it did not make a difference obviously did not get the right springs. The minute my king springs springs came out when I sold the car it looked like 4WD height! Bets thing to combine the lowering with is a nice set of wheels which exassibates the lowered look even further. It will cost approx $200 to get them fitted as the front ones are a biatch to fit. Also ensure you get a wheel alignment as well. Camber kit not required. Here's mine with 19's. SSl Rear SL front. You will probably remeber it from the Dyno day at Autotechnique.
-
Don't know if I agree about the depreciation on the T's. I think most would agree they are pretty poor. I dropped $18k in 2 years, and the avg seems to be around $10k in the first year, but as indicated that's what you get with new cars. I think it's the same with whatever you buy, you will always loose money on a vehicle so it's about making it work for you in the best possible financial way. There are different situations where people do come out better on a vehicle but these situations would only be in the top 15 odd %. You mentioned Range Rovers, anyone who knows that brand of car well, knows you will do your balls on it if you buy one new, same with a Jag. Where as a porsche your money will be reasonably secure based on care of the car and K's. My situation now with the X5 is that no more Diesels are coming into the country until march 06 when the 06 update arrives. They have pretty much run out of stock of the 05's after their recent advertising campaign (Being imported cars they are only allocated so many per year under a quota system). The benefit for me is that with fuel prices and lack of product my car is in high demand. The dealer offerred to buy it back from me for $3k more than what I paid for it. They had a buyer who had obviously more money than sense. What I am getting at is if you choose right hopefully you will do ok. I will only find out as the years tick by on my car, but I am hoping with the rave reviews the X5 has always received, combined with the ongoing demand for the car since it's release in 2000, and the fact I bought a diesel, (45% of X5 sales they only budgeted 15%) will mean I cover myself when it comes to resale in 5 years. If I end up better off than the payout then I will be one of the minority who have been lucky. Cheers JB
-
Yes you can. I'm sure when you call Nick he will tell you how to go about it. There are a few members now running both piggyback and edit at the same time. Just depends what you want out of it. Geea runs an Exede and Edit and each peform different things for his T.
-
Awesome, great results "So far". Are you still running stock internals? Would be interested to hear in the difference in strength bewteen the T and the Typhoon's internals.
-
Not sure that's quite right JB - I think rego would be equivalent to their tax disc and it would actually be our roadworthy certificate (or RWC!) that's equivalent to the UK's MOT? yeah, probably did'nt explain myself correctly. MOT = RWC. But from memory we had to get a MOT done every year. Tax Disk is Rego Cheers
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.