-
Posts
403 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Damo
-
Just like the documentaries that have been shown on SBS, etc. All Expensive Daewoo biased propaganda I dropped them some much less than favourable feedback as well.
-
I was there for one night either side of a ski trip at Silver Star last Feb. To tell you the truth we didn't do much in Vancouver itself - just went for a walk from our hotel to Granville Island (over the Granville Bridge) - long walk. Stopped for a few beers and some great chicken wings at The Keg. All the best stuff was up on the slopes! Sorry I can't be of much help there!Just remember to add 'eh' on the end of every 2nd sentence and you'll get along with the locals just fine.
-
Yep you have a real point there... I wonder why there's so many? No idea, but it's a bloody cold place to be living on the streets!!So what takes you to Vancouver?
-
I optioned the extra alarm on mine - also optioned ultrasonic sensors to detect any movement inside the car (broken windows, access thru sunroof, etc) and of course there's a shock sensor + bonnet switch. Cost a bit but was installed as a dealer fitted accessory. Good alarm, only problem I've had with it is that every now and then it doesn't chirp "armed" when I first lock the car. I have to do it a 2nd time. It's actually a Sentry alarm and any authorised Sentry supplier should be able to fit one for you no worries. Autobarn / JB Hi-Fi / Strathfield Car Wreckers Buy Cheap Buy Twice
-
Before you hit the streets of Vancouver you'd better grab yourself one of these t-shirts. I couldn't believe the amount of homeless people there...
-
Decent photo's, too bad it's not a decent colour.
-
Those tips look horn!!!
-
Heh, yeah, I know... sorry
-
Cruel, a bit full-on, but !! Actually, I've driven them a couple of times as hire cars when nothing bigger was available and they're not too bad. Sucks once you get a passenger and a suitcase or two though!
-
:imwithstupid:
-
Try towing a tonne or so!!
-
What about the shifter boot? Mine has a hole in it just because of the way it always creases in some parts more than others.
-
You can run all of that now with an amp that has line-level inputs but sound quality won't be great.Don't forget that you also need to buy your amp(s) on top of the cost of the LC6i...!
-
I'm no expert (and I suspect most of the people on here aren't either...) but I reckon the cost for Australian workers to process the iron ore into useable material would be several times the cost of getting Asia to do it, even when you include the freight back to Australia. Keeps shipping comapanies in work as it does dock workers and probably creates numerous other jobs. Are you saying we shouldn't pay Asians for processing the iron ore? What sort of work do you do? I'm sure whatever it is you expect to get paid for it! Are you a mechanic - can you come around and rebuild my motor/gearbox/diff and respray my car for me for nothing?! Didn't think so! We would have far too much to use in Australia anyway, got to do something with it, so sell it to people overseas. I'm certainly not expecting people not to be paid for their work, no matter what country they're in...! And I'm sure Ninka isn't either.What I'm trying to say is that we used to BUILD ships in Australia. As an example, we'd mine the iron ore in WA, ship it to BHP to be processed into steel plates then send those plates to places like Whyalla or Newcastle and build the ships. They would be Aussie-built ships moving the material from port to port, Aussie's building the vessel and then Aussie's crewing the vessel. All the value-adding was done in Australia. Now? We mine the ore in Australia and send it off to Asia to be processed and built into a new ship. Locally built NAVY vessels and such still use BHP Steel. But that's nothing compared to what we used to produce.
-
Spot on!As one example alone, we used to have a very rich ship building industry in this country. Now all we get out of a new ship being built is the iron ore being exported to Japan or Korea to produce the steel for a new ship which then comes back here. The value of that iron ore is generally around the pissy AUD$3m mark for a regular-sized (aframax) tanker It's disgusting
-
Cost of living in China is minescule compared to COL in Australia. Their labour costs less, they get the materials in bulk and away they go. Started off crap quality now China's just getting better and better.
-
Depends on what you do for a job, how you can claim it, etc. I checked with my accountant before purchasing my XR6 and he said Corporate Hire Purchase was the best way to go for me. Doesn't hurt to ask!
-
The ironic thing is that it's our current quality of life that is going to end up costing us our quality of life. More rights in the workplace, more money, overtime, allowances for everything, blah blah blah. Everything is too expensive in Australia - starting with labour. And I was originally going to say India would be next, but changed my post.
-
Yep. And China will be too expensive soon with higher demand meaning product quality has to improve and costs eventually rise.Where to next?
-
Cool, sounds good! Can't say I'm a fan of dump pipes on ANY Falcon but I think some who mod an XT do that in place of the existing OEM setup. You'll have to post some more pics when the exhaust is fitted!
-
My insurance is OK now - I have home contents (renting), car, boat & CTP with the one company now. Much better and much more economical especially with discount on top of discount. But when I was 22, under that whole invisible 25 year old barrier, things were a lot different!!Have you looked at insurance options yet, Jason? N/A vs. T?
-
So are you going to slice a hole in the rear bar for the exhaust tip? From what I can see in your pic it looks like an XR tip - is that right?
-
For $25,000? ← Simple...spend some more ← I bought my XR6 new back in July 2003 - I was deciding between the XR6 N/A and T - ended up going with the N/A for two reasons:1/ Insurance was MASSIVE when I was 22 and even had 65% NCD (!!) 2/ I didn't want to lose my license and knew with a T I'd drive it for what it was every day I just optioned up the N/A with 18's, LSD, rear power windows (both things u get in the T, I know!), sunroof, premo sound, GT wheel, etc. Love every minute of it. A few of my mates have and have had T's and while I've driven them I've still always loved my N/A. It's just turned 3 years old and I'll be keeping it for a while yet. Depending on how long you want to keep the car, I'd be tempted to go for something newer with less k's. Going right back to a 2003 T so you can afford it might end up costing you more in the long run. So either spend more on a newer T (if you can) or go for the N/A. Oh and if you're not planning on going after-market for sound, get one with the premo sound system!! My 2c.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.