Jump to content

Falchoon

Member
  • Posts

    5,758
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Falchoon

  1. I don't mind it, give the guy points for originality. I'll stick with my standard one though.
  2. Falchoon

    Fpv Xr6t

    What you are saying may be true but us forum members only make up a very small percentage of XR6T and FPV owners. I think you'll find that the majority of owners out there in the real world are happy to keep their cars stock for warranty and reliability. Also the govt is to focused on revenue raising and not road safety so there is getting less and less places to test the performance of stock vehicles, let alone ones with 400kw or more.
  3. At the time Iwas like the thousands of other motorsport fans and was outraged that a turbo car won and not a V8 (even would of been happy if it was a Holden, as long as it was a V8!). Now after owning a couple of turbo 6 cylinder Fords I have a newfound respect and admiration for the turbos.
  4. Ivan's new car... Marcus' transport while waiting to get his licence back
  5. Tennis anyone?
  6. Following Dagabond's parking theme...
  7. Founmd this on another forum. They've reached a new low in car design. Take the styling of the 70s Eleanor Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds and "adapt" it into a body kit to fit on a Smart ForTwo. http://www.thalondesign.com/files/smart.htm
  8. There are rotors and there are rotors. The Ferntree Gully rotors are RDA brand which are cheap arse ones. Depepends on how you drive I suppose, DBA 4000 may be overkill if you don't plan on doing track days or repeated heavy braking. As for pad choice that seems to depend as well on your driving style and also personal preference. You ask five different people and you will get five different answers as to which ones are the "best".
  9. During a recent drive to the Road Safety Camera state (Vic) I was paranoid about my speed so I set cruise control to exactly 110km/h going from the readout from my GPS Sat Nav unit. My speedo was reading about 114km/h. Just after Wodonga there is a bridge type structure over the road displaying an electronic speed readout - it read 112km/h. Now I know there is only a few km/h difference between the readouts but can somebody satisfy my paranoia and tell me which readout is the most accurate? I'm thinking the GPS but then surely the roadside one should be super accurate otherwise there is no point to it!
  10. Re the TT setup - don't a lot of Skyline owners pull two turbos off and replace with a single?
  11. Delete: SS Inductions Ford XR6 Turbo Growler Cold Air Induction $499 Insert: FORD FALCON BA / BF TERRITORY TYPHOON COLD AIR INTAKE $50.00 I went through a similar thing, spend money on current BA or buy new BF Typhoon but decided as I would probably want to do the same mods to new car I might as well save $50K and keep the old car. Either way you lose money, it's just a fact of life with cars. Go with whatever makes you feel good mate.
  12. Falchoon

    Which Pads

    Ultimates are supposed to be hard on your discs (ie wear them out quick)
  13. Haven't heard of anyone killing their BA/BF diff yet, it seems to be the CVs that let go.
  14. A mate and I were talking the other day (over a few cold ones) about self employment and came to the conclusion that a bottle shop could be a goer.....as long as you don't drink all the profits!
  15. Yeh I thought that too actually. Not mine anyway.
  16. Meh...does nothing for me
×
×
  • Create New...