Jump to content

nifty

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    134
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nifty

  1. I recently installed these in Mine, I know they are a lot more expensive, But I think well worth it for quality and looks, go autometer cobalts. They are full sweep electric and have excellent vision day & night. I have since added a resistor to the lighting as I feel they were a bit too bright.
  2. recently had this done - paid $225 for the upgraded valve springs and $485 to fit them 5-6 hours work, head stays on.
  3. good to see someone is awake, obviously not me at the time. (maybe just the part no.s are round the wrong way) haha.
  4. turbo tube oil supply - FOBA9G440A - about $62.00 turbo oil filter - FOBA9P424A - about $130.00 from your local fraud dealer
  5. no way, not unless it's foggy, got pinned for it a while back, 1 point and $100.00.
  6. Yeah, I was worried too. Only got standard calipers, but replaced rotors and pads aweek before event. Got dba 4000's slotted all round, ferodo formula pads and you really should change your fluid. The recommended is 70% pad wear and fluid change within the last 6 months. I was surprised to see even the guys with brembos were cookin them. A couple of guys had standard fraud brakes, so they could not push the limit. I love the feel of my brakes now, but they sqeaul like a bitch if you brake lightly all the time. The guys that pushed too hard went home with warped rotors - even brembo cross drilled. Respect you and your cars' limits and you will have fun.
  7. before they found the tape, we were told to just put them in our consoles.
  8. I needed these too, so tried ebay and wreckers. They want more than fraud. got em this arvo from fraud for $21.00 each.
  9. sorry mate. I only just recently joined and so wasn't sure if I was allowed to advertise the fact that if we didn't fill numbers it was open to the general public. I now know better.
  10. guys, we all had dorian timers taped to our cars on front left as in pic, this records all your times on a computer which you can look at when you pit. They even gave us all a print out of everyones times, so you can see how you went. cheers, Nev.
  11. forgot to add instructor said NO drifting coz only two blokes there for safety marshalls, also we only had track from 4pm till 11pm, full track till dark, then half track under lights. cheers, Nev.
  12. Hey guys, I actually did this last sunday with FPVTOCWA, we had 36 cars (not all fords) @ $100 each. It cost us $45 each for a cams day licence or $90 for the whole year. Takes 5 mins to fill outon the day of event. Scrutinnering was easy, battery must be secure, older cars must have catch can for radiator overflow, check brake lights, no loose objects in vehicle and a full face helmet. That was it, I know because they asked me to help with scutineering. No fire extinguisher necessary. We took club trailer with bbq and set up on grass next to main entrance stand at pits, was all ok. I had never done anything like this before, but can thoroughly recommend it. I had a blast. If you're only thinking about it, stop that and just do it! Your brakes and tyres will suffer if you push too hard, even brembos. A few cars went home by tow truck. Not me, hahaha. I know, I drive like a nana. We generally went out at about 12 cars at a time, did 5 or so laps, 1 cool down lap, then pit to cool brakes down. (about 20 mins). Gives others a go, then out again, no waiting really. Anyting I missed just ask. cheers, Nev.
  13. hahaha, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit fancy pants
  14. Nifty, I now assume it was you who we followed back south along Great Northern!! "must be Mark and D, so just follow them" haha. Nah, you musta been followin someone else, M & D maybe, I was in a bit of a hurry along, got a clear run with nothin in front or behind me till Midland. Thanks also to everyone that posted pics, the quality is just awesome.
  15. Just finished looking at photos, some really great pics there. Thank you to D for organizing once again. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the end. Some of you may have seen me take off Just before Great Northern and head for home. I had just got a call one of my kids had been hurt and was in hospital, nothing too serious thou, (tetnas will fix). Pissed off about not finishing another cruise, but that's life. Next time they're all comin with me on day cruises so they can't bloody hurt themselves. Hahaha. Nuff about me! Great to see new faces too, some missing as well. Some awesome cars today. Shame about the pipe DJ. Can't wait for the next one now D. cheers.
  16. sorry, I think I was misundertood, you only remove the factory screen IF you fit an aftermarket inline filter.
  17. I fitted mine on the weekend and the thread on the oil pressure sensor is 1/4 x 18 NPT. Male thread on the sensor and female in the hex adaptor to the block. The Male threads on the turbo oil screen hex fitting are 1/4 x 18 NPT on one end and M14 x 1.5p on the other end. Obviously the NPT goes into the block and the M14 goes into the hex adaptor which goes to the oil pressure sender unit. I put an extension between the hex adaptor and the oil pressure sender to tee off for my new gauge sender which has a 1/8 x 27 NPT male thread on the sender unit. Hope I didn't get too wordy and hope this helps. All the best with it. cheers.
  18. just remove the factory screen completely, it's too much to ask for the oil to pass thru 2 filters.
  19. well chosen Grug, looks awesome!
  20. count me in for this one as well. Thanks Dean for the last one, was great to finally meet some faces, great cars also. Pity I didn't make the last leg (past my nap). cheers.
  21. had a similar problem last week that progressively got worse, turned out to be just plugs breaking down, all good now. :biggthumpup: cheers.
  22. buy the screen from fraud, but do NOT let them fit it, then take it to turbo tech in belmont. cheers.
  23. same car as mine, same fault I had yesterday. Turned out I need a slightly cooler spark plug and one coil was beginning to break down. Problem solved. cheers.
  24. Had the same symptoms just after I bought mine, the mate I got it from had trusted fraud service and I didn't know any better at the time, so 1st service found rattling bearings due to lack of oil changes. The screen sucked through the pipe into the turbo. Get it looked at now, the bearing sounds like it is on its' way out, much cheaper to fix at this point, before you need the whole turbo done (unless you're going to mod it anyway) After it's done just keep changin oil every 5000km. cheers.
  25. I was at BPT today for a re-tune and asked about this problem. Because I bought a xcal1 2 days ago. Only because they were waiting on xcla3 to upgrade me when they come in. I don't think I really want to now. Was told not to panic, wait and see what happens in few days. Was told Sniper is just as good (If not better) it's just not as popular because capa flooded the market.
×
×
  • Create New...