Jump to content

Ezy10z

Member
  • Posts

    211
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ezy10z

  1. Hi Guys. Did Adam race with the bigger turbo fitted ? and did he race with more kw's compared to Calder when he broke the title last time ? Thanks. Robbie.
  2. Hi Guys, Well I thought it was time for a 2nd donation so I donated $20 using paypal but unsure if its received or not. Can someone confirm ? Keep up the good work Cheers. Robbie.
  3. By accident I left out a couple of pics so I edited the original post and add them in. Robbie.
  4. Hi Guys, Well a lot of racers seem to be keen about the pics taken by fullBOOST so I thought I would post pics of all the BA's racing at Calders Park on the 22nd. Robbie.
  5. Its all good now. Enjoy. Robbie.
  6. I'll save the hastle of finding it. Enjoy. Robbie.
  7. Hi Guys, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned on the forum but just had a look a the new wall paper on the fullBOOST site and Craigs (geeas) T is one of the feature cars. Robbie.
  8. Totally agree. At the end the day the top 20 should be about times and not who has the less mods or standard turbo. Robbie.
  9. I think having two classes is a bit complex and agree with Lukes initial suggestion but allow the top 20 to include 11.99 and under due to a lot of T owners still using the standard turbo. This would save the hastle of having theh open class and standard turbo and driveline. In the next year or so I'm sure there will be more T's running in the 10's so eventually would have to change the top 20 to 10.99 and under because of the growing number of T owners modifying and racing there T. Robbie.
  10. Hey Adam, I was browsing the fullBOOST website and theres a video of your T. Enjoy. Robbiel
  11. The blonde in the first pic has a pretty face and I'm sure every part of her body is very strong and well trained. But imagine trying to give her what for ??? A quick squeeze and off goes the old fella. Robbie.
  12. I think this has been a popular topic for a while now but the XR6T is probably much the same as the VL Late model camira Turbo 10 years ago but at the end of the day it's who has the quickest VL in the land. I think the main thing that should be highlighted is who is still using the factory rear end and street registered etc but anything else goes. Obviously everyone has different budgets and how fast you go is determined about the amount money you can spare from your bank account. Some people are lucky enough to to spend $40,000 +++ on there and others can only manage $5000 tops. When you goto the track the car with the fastest time wins and not the racer who spent the least amount of money. I'm sure there will be a lot of people disagreeing with me but when you look at the fullboost.com top 10 theres the street registered and full race top 10's for a variety of cars. This is just my opinion like everyone else so please dont take offence. Cheers. Robbie.
  13. we have 15x10 convo pro wheels under the rear with 28x11.5x15 drag radials on them, we have been doing alot of these rear ends for customers oflate. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Is the ute tubbed to fit 28x11.5x15 drag radials ? Robbie.
  14. that's the first phoon I"ve seen with that colour and l think it looks awesome, great choice and hope you post some more pics when the beast arrives. Robbie.
  15. I just cant understand the slowness and variation in times by motor mag. Regardless it should do low 14's and stuffed if I know how a phoon is only about 1/2 second faster than a NA xr6. Robbie.
  16. Yeh I want a vid of you burning up the rear bags. Damn quick time 2 I got 5.26 on my stopwatch, I loved the way it went from 0-60 in about half a second SWEET AS <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think you'll find that's the wheel speed, not the vehicles speed, cause the speedo dropped again then paused, then rose a bit and then came second gear. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> But if you time it from the word go regardless it's under 6 seconds, and the wheel spin made it slower. Surprised how well it went, very smooth and effortless. It would be nice to see 0 - 160. Robbie.
  17. Ezy10z

    Xt Vs Xr6

    My sister purchased an XT and her husband got the XR6 last year and the XT was definitely quicker. I"m not sure if theirs half a second in the 0 - 100kph but over 120kph you could really notice the extra grunt in the XT. Robbie.
  18. The turbo looks quite large but theirs no injectors and dunno if the standard exhaust would be sufficient to bolt on to the dump pipe. Definitely not a complete kit but maybe potentialto get the 400kw's with the addition of other parts. We all know that 400kw's is to much for the standard bottom end and if with an upgraded fuel system, intercoolor. ECU etc etc theirs a possibility of the 400kw's but the bottom end would have very little life in it and self destruct. Robbie.
  19. First you say you disagree about lag - then you say the boost doesn't com on as hard as the WRX - well... allow me to open your eyes, if you can feel the boost come on harder in the WRX, its because it was in LAG beforehand and then came on boost. The XR6 is only in lag below 1800rpm and that is lower RPM than a WRX needs to roll of the line in normal driving without stalling. Were as the XR6 below 1800rpm has 248 cubic inches pulling you along strongly from above 1000rpm. WRX have Lag - you said it yourself <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I know what lag feels like or what's gutless down low and the difference between a 6 cylinder running stuff all boost. A standard T runs such low boost ya cant feel it, that was my point. Although the REX does come on boost harder I dont think it's that laggy and Im not waiting for boost. They run higher boost standard and naturally you'll feel it more. I wasnt bagging the piss out of the T and I was just giving my own opinion which favoured the T. Even driving an NA their so sluggish under 3000 yet everyone raves about how much torque they have and how responsive they are. Robbie.
  20. I read the APS car was unstable and got out of shape while braking, but wasnt to bad travelling at the high speed and believe it was using the stock suspension. Possibly the stability could have been better with firmer suspension etc. Robbie.
  21. Obviously the XR6 wont handle as good as the WRX but that's expected and AWD is awesome around corners but unless your on a track it's hard to really push the upper limits of a WRX especially at high speed. The rex has been around for a while now and you can be confident that you wont have any teething problems and will be a joy the day you drive it out of the dealership. I'd have to disagree with the lag for the WRX, I have the MY99 wrx which has a small turbo and in my opinion it's ok in stock form but with a few simple tweaks such as a unichip, CAI, exhaust and just leave the boost standard you have low 13 potential but beyond that expect to fork out a large sum for anything quicker and without driveline issues. The mighty T is so cheap to modify and with the MK2 6 speed you have a pretty awesome package and its so easy to make big gains. I havent driven the MK2 yet but even with the crappy 5 speed it's not to bad in stock form and nice spread of torque but you dont really feel the turbo come in as much as a REX. Also the my04 and My05 are the fastest yet and more responsive so it's really up to your own experience. Surely Ford have fixed the brake shudder and other teething problems or close to it but the only real downside I can think of is the poor resale value. My mate had his NA XR6 valued to see how much to fork out on a territory and the NA was valued at 22,000 which is really piss poor. A my99 rex will go for the same price or better. Personally I'd go the T, because its effortless to get 12 second quarters and their easier to live with. Unfortunately with the rex the standard gearbox just cant cope with dumping the clutch at high revs which is really required to get a decent time over the quarter or 0 - 100. I've probably dumped the clutch about 10 times at Calder and with the extra traction from the grippy track I now have a bearing noise. Go the T. Robbie.
  22. I was browsing the Nizpro forum and Simon has retuned XR6T8U and it's now pushing out 570kw's at the treads, which is 763hp in the old money. Robbie.
  23. Different Tyre/Rim combinations definately effect RWKW readings, the reason is INERTIA. A 19" tyre/rim combination has more weight toward the outer circumference of the wheel, so the 19" tyre/wheel will consume more Torque to accelerate than a 17" tyre/wheel. The true effect of different Tyre/Wheel combinations can be measured when a Ramp Up, then Ramp Down, is performed on a Chassis Dyno, and half the difference between the 2 runs is the Drivetrain Inertia. Not one of you would of ever had a Ramp down performed on your cars, as it is not great for Turbo Charged cars, and any owner would grimace in pain watching their car being ramped Down. People in the racing industry are normally the most interested in measuring Drivetrain Inertia. The differences you are seeing are quite normal. I recall a BMW M3 that I had dyno'd many times at 170RWKW with the standard wheels, the owner then fitted some 20" wheels and the Power fell to 150RWKW. I've also seen a WRX pick up 8AWKW from just changing to a lighter set of wheels. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I witnessed a chrysler charger being dynoed and for the first run it was using 28.5" McCreary drag tyres and measured 260hp ATW but because of the soft compound the tread was being ripped to shreads so fitted everyday 225/60 fitted on 15" rim and the horseposer dropped to 220hp. Judging from earlier posts everyone will say I have this mixed up but its not the case. No dyno settings were changed maybe this was the reason. And I did witness this in person !!! Robbie.
  24. Just curious to know what mods were done to the GTR and how much horsepower? Might be easier to find out who owned the purple XR6T. Was it a close run ? Robbie.
  25. After reading a lot of claims about the standard performance I thought it was about time to find genuine performance figures for the R32 GTR. I have a April 1990 Motor Mag and a comparison was done between the Sierra RS 500 Cosworth, Walkinshaw Commodore, Turbo Supra and the R32 GTR. Ford Sierra Cosworth 0 to 100kph - 6.40, 400m - 14.70, top speed - 243kph Walkinshaw 0 to 100kph - 7.03, 400m - 15.22, top speed - 235kph Toyota Supra 0 to 100kph - 7.51, 400m - 15.45, top speed - 225kph R32 GTR 0 to 100kph - 4.80, 400m - 13.10, top speed - 235kph Robbie.
×
×
  • Create New...