Jump to content

ashmo

Member
  • Posts

    245
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ashmo

  1. ashmo

    Oil

    if a cars generally using alot of oil it means its loosing it somewhere, how much would you say its loosing? Is there any noticable oil stains where you park the car? Its natural for the car to use alittle oil between oil changes as it burns some of it but never much.
  2. what about something like a twin plate? the ones ive driven anyway are nice and soft feeling on the pedal so you dont have a left leg the size of arnie's because its so heavy but no play in the clutch and boy can they take some abuse Edit: Here is someones experience with a twin plate in their 6T http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...c=37941&hl=
  3. me personally would stay away from G4. I like to say you get what u pay for and I wouldnt spend cheaply especially on performance brakes or handling products. With the coilovers I would prefer to spend that little bit more and get Teins or I know HSD are bringing some out later in the year which alot of people use. When I had my silvia I saw to many things go wrong with mates cars who had bought the cheaper versions of products. But that's just my opinion anyway.
  4. Ive had two previous turbo's first was a 1993 Nissan Silvia SR20DET Manual with basic mods coilovers, exhaust, intercooler etc and 1990 Nissan Sil80 SR20DET with full widebody and basic mods again. Its time to step up to the big boys toys now
  5. Looks good mate, I was about myself to purchase an 07 XR6T but due to quiting my job ive gotta wait another month or two. To work out a good price roughly for a start you should be able to get the cost of your on road costs for free. Whether that shows as a dealer discount or shows some accessories for free. The price I got given was about $4500 off the car. But I was wanting a manual. I used to sell new cars for Nissan, there is always a few thousand to play with each car. Most dealers wont give that much discount your best bet is to get a best qoute from one dealer then take that to another dealer to see if they can bet it and so on. Best of luck Just read the rest of your post, $45K would be a huge stretch and wouldnt think you could get that, possibly a manual maybe but certainly not an auto. I think your best price would be around $48,000 ish give or take alittle.
  6. doesnt look to bad actually, reminds me of minority report though alittle
  7. ive spoken to a few people with black intercoolers and they say they bought them like that because they dont stand out as much and doesnt attract the police attention so much.
  8. ashmo

    Your First Car?

    mine was a 1984 Ford Telstar 4 speed manual... was pretty good for a first car have certainly moved up since then lol
  9. that's awesome I want one lol
  10. u mean he found a full .50 machine gun just laying there?
  11. pretty common but again there quiet nice, they look good on a T
  12. 61K no way!! I know what I would prefer. And as far as ive read you cant get a manual which kinda sucks!
  13. haha that's funny. Did anyone notice how the skinny guy with the ripped pants and pattened white shirt goes for all the cheap shots when their not looking
  14. nice vid
  15. cheers for that buddy.
  16. that just made me shed a tear but on another note is it just me or does the car turn from orange to red?
  17. Hey guys, Sorry if this topic has been covered before but I couldnt find anything. Question is can you or does anyone run an EBC on their 6T? All other modified turbocharged cars run them or can run them but its just strange with some of the highly powered ones here I havent yet heard of an EBC installed on one. Ive read about MBC's but not Electronic ones. Do they play with the engine management system or something? Cheers for your help Ash
  18. ashmo

    Haul Pack Driver

    thanks infamous will have a look at them. All the sites ive been given have been a great help, thanks again guys!
  19. ashmo

    Haul Pack Driver

    cheers for that mate that's certainly given me more hope
  20. Hey guys, Im looking at getting up to the mines and driving the haul packs to earn some $$. Im getting my HR license organised as I write this but I dont know where to look for actual jobs. Places like seek.com etc are useless and I cant find anything. Does anyone know of any companies that will take fresh drivers on and train them then give them a job? Cheers for any help you can provide Ash
  21. that thing is insane now it just needs a screamer pipe off the external wastegate, then it will sound even more like an animal
  22. what a load of bollocks...
  23. I would say the squeal would be the wear indicator on the brake pads indicating they are nearly stuffed and time for replacing. But someone please correct me if im wrong
  24. what dealership is it at? And how many k's as it done? if its done less then 150,000k's because if it has done less then that it should come with a 3 month warranty.
  25. I would recommend a set of coilovers because you can adjust the height to where you want it aswell as your dampner(depending if available) level. I know tein do a set that isnt really cheap. I also know that HSD are bringing a set out for BA/BF's within a month or two retailing for around $1700 a set. Well worth the money imo
×
×
  • Create New...