-
Posts
368 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by chippa
-
Na bud didnt receive in 1st run hence the asking of said map...was sussing the weather yesterday and was pretty bummed by the whole week really..maybe it will blow thru quickly fingers crossed otherwise I might just be shredding with the Marshall cranked up
-
Luke send thru to me please bruthaaaaaaa.......
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Cheers for the heads up Luke....I think the chances of sh*t getting thru to the turbs are small due to the oil being dumped regularly etc... the only thing that I was thinking was maybe extra pressure due to the screen being removed but I'm sure the restrictor would slow the oil down a fair bit anyways..... Guess I'll be the Guinnie pig...see you on the cruise P.S poor Amy Winehouse.....I like junkie chicks hahaha -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
If the oil filter is good enough for my engine then its good enough for my turbo....my "Tractor" 80 series factory turbo has done 400k and I doubt it has a screen in it....still going strong Having owned my T since near new and doing my services every 5k like most of us gives me piece of mind... its had 2 x OEM filters put into it as well and they had a very slight carbon like deposits inside that sh*tty POS screen filter.. Correct me if I'm wrong Luke but my take on it is oil goes thru the pickup into the center of the filter medium,the oil then is filtered thru this and makes its way back down the outside of the filter and then while under pressure makes its way thru to all the galleries etc which inturn feeds the oil line to the turbs.... I know that ppl are for and against but this is what I have chosen to do....I always listen to the turbs wind down after I have shut it down and it actually sounds alot quieter for some reason,,, My two shillings -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
I dont run any filter anymore..... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
woah that is a OG poster there haha.....feebs???? P.S I just spilt a full glass of water all over my laptop.....used my cat like beer drinking reflexes to flip it over after it blacked out ,unscrewed it all, alot of cursing,blaming the kids pulled it all apart and got the hairdryer onto it.... Still didnt work,pulled apart again...saying why didnt I backup!!!! pulled out the HD and slapped it back in,put it together and was just about to throw against the wall when.....it started!!!! Came up with some Bios thingy saying dates werent right (SteveR you can jump in at any time )I just chose default.... I hope it doesnt sh*t itself!!! -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Maybe incorporate it with a night cruise......feed then fang... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Hey Stef just smash a cheap socket over them and they will come straight off Richard , good to meet you today at XFT mate I think Mr Birch needs to do a Pizza night at the workshop so we can all dribble some sh*t !!!! haha -
Dude have you heard of paragraphs????.... hahaha and 2nd never inflate past your cold max pressure.....
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Hey Arron you reckon a +40 on the fronts would work with the 8" on the fronts???? I'm only running std calipers on the front and dont really have any intentions of ugrading them(he says that now haha) but will most likely do the passivated RDA and reds... I thought I read in one of your posts that a +41 would work or is the 275 the prob??? -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Krazy I think that it was mentioned by John (Superpursuit83 I think..) apparently you can obtain a permit cheap maybe PM him for more info....on the subject of wheels etc 18x8 +40 with a 245 on the front(18x9.5 +40 rears with 265),probs or all good??? only an extra 3.5mm to inner strut.... -
Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to offsets for front and rears for 18" rims.....so a stocker 17" x 8" has a 36.5 offset how much grace do we have in relation to front struts etc??? The way I'm looking at it is with an 8.5" width rim with the same offset (36.5) your going to end up with another 6mm or so closer to the strut is this correct?? I'm thinking 18x8.5 +35 and 18x9.5 +40 but if I'm way off the mark let me know... Any input aprreciated....
-
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Dont know whether or not they are a decent rim or not but I like them.....looking for rims is doing my head in!!!!! You're a baaaad man Arron but like it.... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
some light reading for WA WA ppl http://www.delonixradar.com.au/western-australia/#Accurate -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
^^^ +1 for cash settlement........ -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
You should know......you're my Pa....... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Na man.....wrong side of the tracks for me brah I'm a hills boy.... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
No you cannot because I def will not be able to catch you hahaha.......thx for my 5 killa wasps -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
F@#K you man!!!!!!!!! I'll see you at Ravenswood in Sept...... And Arron keep up the sh*t stirring with Steve it makes me feel better.......hahaha -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Chippa is 41 today.....I feel old but I'm putting the hurt on a box of Budwesier to make me feel better..... -
WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread
chippa replied to cunners's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
yeah I'm thinking some 14" 12 slotters now and a mullet....... P.S why is this website so frigging slow compared to AFF??? -
Instrument Lights Dropping Out When Using Indicators
chippa replied to chippa's topic in Electrics Workshop
As you can see the red wire has been cut in two there really isn't enough length in the wire when the indicator stork is positioned to the left it stretches the wire and in turn becomes pinched up a bit.....so all soldered up now and fixed.... -
Instrument Lights Dropping Out When Using Indicators
chippa replied to chippa's topic in Electrics Workshop
Righto culprit found..... After removing shroud from around the column and checking the connections on the backs of the contact points I then removed the plastic backing from the indicator stork where the wires grove up to the switch (auto,park,lights)this is what I found... http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x33/chippinunna/DSC03156.jpg -
Instrument Lights Dropping Out When Using Indicators
chippa replied to chippa's topic in Electrics Workshop
Yeah unfortunately I was thinking it might have something to do with the stork.....oh well so has anyone fixed this before??? does the steering wheel have to come off or what, I'm happy to fix it myself if it can be done...
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.