Jump to content

chippa

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    368
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chippa

  1. Some of you guys have no fear!!! must be gettin old or out of practice.. Good to meet a few of you, and chat about mods done etc. Ninka, small world hey mate be sure to keep an eye out for you being close by.Thanks for imparting some knowledge on these cars .. Got to the tennis centre a bit early and thought I'd got the wrong place when it was closing in on 9:30pm and no one had arrived!! Catch up with some more of you next time and say hi... Cheers Andrew.
  2. No worries mate you have a few options as stated,depending on wether u want to stand out or not. If u turn right at the lights as mentioned u can weave your way around to be directly opposite Maccas on the other side of Hwy,or go to undercover parking,or just be out in the open but away from everything.But I will leave that up to the wise...
  3. Yes that would be the go,just putting up some directions as asked for by Aaron XR on how to get to Midland gate probably bit too much info,just trying to help as its my neck of the woods.. Cheers..
  4. Just to clarify these lights are not at the start of Reid hwy its once you turn off after Malaga heading towards Midland....
  5. For those that are interested, Once on Reid Hwy (exiting will be a LH turn off lights on big sweeping bend just after Malaga start of Tonkin).You will go thru 6 sets of lights before you get to Great Eastern Hwy. Lights in order are.. 1. beechboro rd,twin lane take off from lights (bottle neck into one) 2. Altone rd (same as above) 3. West Swan Rd (same as above but after this set it is 70k zone and mr Plod likes to hide near Bandiyup prison on left. 4. Great Northern Hwy (twin lanes) 5. Toodyay Rd 6. Morrison Rd (as above) 7. Great Eastern Hwy Turn right at G.E.Hwy lights,follow down approx 1.5kms to you reach first set of lights.You will see Maccas on left,turn right at lights and Midland gate shopping Centre Parking is there on ya left side plenty of parking for all.. Hope this is benefical to those that are far from home... Cheers Andrew..
  6. Glad to see someone post this up,its alright to have a bit fun but I dont want to see some inexperienced ppl get on the picks too late and kissing someones rear end from not paying attention...
  7. Think that I will join in from the Midland gate leg of the criuse if that's ok(yes I'm being slack I guess) and meet some like minded ppl from the Ford stable... Cheers Andrew...
  8. And F6 Pistons??? still cast but better quality than XR6T before 05/06'
  9. I bought my flash tune box from A.C.E (one of the last ones he sent) It just sits in the cupboard collecting dust for the last 6months or longer,even though I would love to have some fun with it but I am taking the advice of most forum members and waiting for my custom tune to be done (hopefully in a few weeks time) so I have piece of mind knowing that the engine is safe... its been a long wait..XFT here I come My two cents..
  10. Cheers senna T I will check it out..
  11. Just a quick question in regards to xr6t engine, Mine is an BF July '06 build (as states on sticker on door jamb) as stated plenty of times by ppl after May/June of 06 they had better internals but can this be verified by Ford if say you gave them engine No.,Chassis etc..... Would like to know for sure as mine being so close to changeover date.. Cheers for advice
  12. Cheers guys for the input, Arron I will change the diff oil on next service,sounds like that this is not really a mechanical prob to worry about too much just a small thing easily sorted... Cheers Andrew.. P.S I dont like the idea of leaving the oil in my ZF until Scheduled service ( which is at 45k???)or until warranty runs out...my Brother inlaws mechanical biz are authorized Ford Servicers so I might get him to do oil at 30k service as I do engine every 5k..
  13. Just a Quick question hopefully someone can shed some light on, I have an BF july 06' build with ZF 24k on clock. I notice sometimes when I pull into my car bay at work(45 DEG angle park) I can feel something in the diff or rear end move.is it the LSD just "working" or something more sinister??? Only seems to happen if I am pulling in very slowly,reminds me a bit of my 9 inch I used to have in another car when I used to pull into a servo and you could feel the tyres turning on the smooth concrete... hope my Q makes sense Cheers Andrew
  14. chippa

    Newbie

    Cheers Pete,yes I know the feeling all too well in regards to waiting to do mods,guess it will give me time to tip some coin into the mod account and do things right... In regards to smoking some SS ' I am realistic enough to know that it is a bit of a mission but surely from a standing start my stock BF (06' build) could nose the first 200mtrs if not more???? Guess I will just have to take a trip to the strip one Wed' night and see if I still have a decent reaction time!!!! Cheers all.
  15. chippa

    Newbie

    Older than most I guess I am 37 (still 20 in mind!) Used to race my 4v 351 at Ravenswood lots of fun until some a**ehole stole it and cut it up into 5 pieces....
  16. chippa

    Newbie

    Hi to all, just a qiuck post to intro self,looking forward to meeting a few ppl down at the plex sometime in near future. Have been a Ford boy all my life and I to couldn't wipe the smile off my face when I leaned on the noise pedal for the first time in my (sorry our "T")..... Purchased from Titans about 4months ago very Happy,still waiting to smoke an SS off the lights just want to see the look on their face...LOL!! Waiting for warranty to expire is painful will attempt to hold out next 2yrs??? Cheers to all Andrew.. :oohwoah:
×
×
  • Create New...