-
Posts
360 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by davidald
-
Yes, especially if you jacked the front end up or took the wheels off. Give it a few days and the PS system will bleed itself.
-
Had any work done on the car? If the wheels r turned when off the ground air gets in the ps system. Can take a few days to go away.
-
Sheesh Zap, this is a terminology thing. You said in your first reply to me that I was "drawing a wrong conclusion". I am sorry you cant make sense of my arguments perhaps its a comprehension issue? Not sure why you are asking me to show where you have advised members they can mod their cars and claim warranty either, I did not say you had, I asked if you were. We may both be saying the same thing but I have not changed what I am saying. This is pedanticism, stating the difference between "voiding" warranty and denying warranty repairs, the end result is exactly the same. If you boost your cars performanc, say injectors, high flow cat, edit etc etc and make 300rwkw, as many seem to do on these forums, then dont expect warranty repairs for a whole range of expensive repairs. I beleive this is what I was saying from the beginning. Many owners have ofcourse "voided" "blown" "screwed" or whatever their chances of warranty repairs, which most would accept anyway. I simply dont use terminology like " man you have modded your car so you will be 'denied warranty' service on this item" All your cars are stock?
-
I have no idea what Ford says or writes on the subject Zap, I am referring to the law. If you boost the performance of your car beyond manufacturers specs then kiss goodbye to your warranty for engine, trans, diff, etc. In other words the priciest components in your car. Its why guys want to hide the fact that they have had an edit done, because that mod voids numerous warranty issues including anything relating to code errors. I dont know of anyone winning against a dealer in court when they have boosted the performance of their cars, but I know of plenty that have lost. I am not referring just to Ford but most marks. I guess I am asking, are you advising forum members they can mod their cars without risking warranty?
-
"You are drawing a unfounded and incorrect conclusion there. Firstly the warranty cannot be voided on a car because of mods. Ford will not cover the mods, but will continue to honor the warranty. However, if the mods cause a breakage, such as a power increase breaking the driveline then fair enough, the could deny the claim." ZAP have a closer look at the sales contracts. Manufacturers and dealers are not required by law to prove that a modification has or has not contributed to a fault or failure of component.
-
I may be missing something, where do you say what your car is? If its a BA then get the springs for sure. If you want a more "aggressive" tune that means you want more than 240kw. The all at once option is best because once you get the upgrade and get used to the power boost you will eventually want more.
-
I wasnt referring to you specifically timbo. Sorry your having so much trouble. Hope they fix it soon. Have you tried running o0ver a cat?
-
I guess your always going to get Ford bashing on a Ford Forum, same as any particular make related forums. As for poor warranty service. I have had a look at a lot of the complaints in this forum and its not surprising how many dissatisfied owners that want warranty service have modded cars. I would not give warranty support to a car that has had its power boosted from manufacturers specs, and I dont expect the dealers to give me warranty support for mine though sometimes they wont come straight out and say that's the problem.
-
Personal experience I guess. I had an issue where the radiator failed and trans oil mixed with coolant. The dealer just wanted to change the radiator. I spoke to the manager of the firm that owns the dealerships here and the next day I got a new trans. My wifes 6 month old V6 family sedan, built here in Adelaide, has been nothing but a headache, and the manufacturer tells us its a dealer problem and wont get involved.
-
The reason there "always seems to be horror stories" is because people generally only post complaints.
-
Got to say I have not had any problems like tha in 6 years of ownership, however my wife constantly has major issues with her work cars have all been made by another major auto manufacturer in Aussie. Her problems are not niggly ones though. More stuff like engine, steering rack, trans, etc etc. LOL my father has a 2 yo very expensive uero brand and he has constant electical problems. Make sure you ring and complain to the dealers parent company and you should get a response.
-
Hey XR I dont know about the click clack but the oil in the coolant thing is a worry. Is your car under warranty? Did they change the trans oil aswell? Quite often when the radiators fail coolant can get in the trans and vice versa. When it happened to mine I had Ford change the transmission for a new one. Took a bit of a fight to get the trans change but if coolant gets in the trans eventually the trans will be screwed.
-
Murphys law Dan. How much for new shafts fitted?
-
Yes the battery will cause this every time. In fact my sunroof preset buttons stopped working and the manual actually says replace battery for that as well. My car would unlock itself and set of the alarm. New batery fixed it.
-
The rabbits foot joke refers to the boost solenoid service. My local tuner did about 5 of these for customers free of charge but did not actually do it. The customers were very happy with the "noticable" improvements. The BA valve springs are soft as. When I gunned my BA XR6T and stopped hard the revs would die and it would sometimes try and stall. Valve springs were the cause.
-
Are you divorced? This is an impotant consideration for me when spending big$$$.
-
Revs dropping that low could be valve springs. As for solenoid lube, you could also try a black stripe on the bonnet or a rabbits foot on the rearview mirror.
-
U should cross check this info as it is an ad for AMSOIL products. The general tech stuff is probably true but don't take their word for who's oils r cat 4.
-
These things have a nasty habit of failing radiators and trans fluid mixing with coolant. If its an auto I would change the coolant asap. Fraud now sell the correct coolant premixed.
-
Can you even start an XR6 with a fried ECU?
-
Thnx onboost. Its a heck of a coincidence though as I just changed the bulb.
-
Hellooo. My low beam fr headlight bulb blew the other day so I chsnged the bulb. I am sure I have reseated the rubber cover/seal properly but since then the Lens cover has started fogging up with moisture forming on the inside. I know eventually this will cause yellowing and corrosion. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.
-
Sorry for spamming spooky but I am sure you will get some PM's. I would like to apply for the job of official forum stooge. Could you change my "donating member" to "donating stooge" revhead?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.