Jump to content

davidald

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    360
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by davidald

  1. XR would you post back when it's fixed?
  2. And get some new valve springs
  3. Sopunds like a belt. Also, check the passenger seat and see if your missus is in the car. Mine screeches when I go to fast.
  4. The club I drive with will not use Caltex as they all see a lower milage (range) with Caltex than any of the others. The cars are collector cars in concourse condition and they are meticulous record keepers. Some of them have recorded up to 40k less from a tank using Caltex. I don't know why.
  5. When you have found the leak starting looking at why it backfired.
  6. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you increase the power of your engine you increase the possibility of component failure. It could run fine for 4 years or fail next week. I got all this from a fortune cookie.
  7. Did u ask Tunehouse? I'd like to know as well.
  8. I use the Nulon diff oil cause it already has the additive. Read the manual carefully for quantities as there are 3 different diffs. Do a search in the forums ref engine oils.
  9. How did you "check" the O2 sensor? Visual inspection?
  10. I truly don't know. I think I just heard that somewhere.
  11. Genuine?
  12. I dont think the button turns off the traction control. Doesn't it just delay it?
  13. Check the boot for shotguns
  14. has not set their status

  15. Main difference is cop cars get repeatedly thrashed by different drivers. At the end of the day you can get a lemon no matter how careful you are with preinspections etc. I dont see a positive or negative with going for ex govt stuff.
  16. Is it stock? Go and get some codes. There are a few things that make those symptoms and the process of elimination can be pricey.
  17. My turbo has been whining for 3 years and gets louder as you accelerate but it does not effect performance so I dont intend repairing or replacing it. Wives are a different story, they whine a lot and it gets louder as they get older. I highly recommend replacing a whining wife.
  18. I think you will find the BA autos have a delay going to reverse. I have ahd 3 and they are all the same.
  19. Thanks f-wolf
  20. Could someone please tell me if the fuel pump in a 2003 BA T is the same as the one in the NA BA? Fuel pump is noisy and I need to replace it. Thankyou
  21. This is a common occurence. Sensetive nozzle, hi temp in tank, Venus is aligned with Saturn. Happens to me every now and then.
  22. I can getm for u @ $183 per coil.
  23. I think there are places you can go and get your knob polished.
  24. Glad they could see to your knob. I often wonder about the turbo oil filter/screen thing but the guide to clean it in these forums looks to hard. Perhaps its too hard for Ford as well.
×
×
  • Create New...