Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted

Hi Brian,

Everyone pretty much knows that when it comes to XR6T modifications, you and your car are the most extreme. We haven't had an update on your car for a while, although its common knowledge that you're building a monster.

Any chance you could update us on the work in progress? Newbie modders and experienced modders alike could do well to pay attention to what Brian's up to and learn from his experience. It always makes interesting reading.

Sorry for this post without notice mate.

Thanks

  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
Hi Brian,

Everyone pretty much knows that when it comes to XR6T modifications, you and your car are the most extreme.  We haven't had an update on your car for a while, although its common knowledge that you're building a monster.

Any chance you could update us on the work in progress?  Newbie modders and experienced modders alike could do well to pay attention to what Brian's up to and learn from his experience.  It always makes interesting reading. 

Sorry for this post without notice mate.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dave I've heard that it could be 2x2 weeks.

Geea. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

The last I heard there were clutch issues at around 500rwkw. I'd love to know how that is coming along and how on earth you drive something like that in the wet!! :spoton:

  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted
The last I heard there were clutch issues at around 500rwkw. I'd love to know how that is coming along and how on earth you drive something like that in the wet!! :pinch:

Carefully.........with TC on...... :spoton:

  • - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Strapped in and holding on
Posted
The last I heard there were clutch issues at around 500rwkw. I'd love to know how that is coming along and how on earth you drive something like that in the wet!! :sleepystuff:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

umm, in the wet.... wot about the dry??

  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Thanks Dave.

2x2 weeks.

I haven't seen the car for 5 months.

I drive 3 other turbo cars during the week, otherwise I'd be screaming… I’m patient and see this as an R&D process.

New Stage 5 Nizpro motor with forged crank, Nizpro cams, forged rods and pistons are in the car; new motor has been run in.

Also 1000+ cc injectors; special coil packs, Motec with cam & other options (e.g traction control); Nizpro extractors; 3 fuel pumps; external wastegate; huge turbo; new Intercooler, 8000 rev tacho (fpv); whole inlet system upgraded to around 5” piping (except Nizpro plenum and throttle body). ... retain Mal Wood 6-speed & 4" exhaust.

Early testing indicated around 500rwkw at just 1.1 bar (as a guide).

Car will rev to 7500 revs.

I will be able to control boost via a potentiometer attached to the Motec

Outstanding:

New triple plate Os Giken clutch yet to go, new mufflers, review of inlet system to check for bottlenecks, more tuning... see what breaks. ... tyres & new bonnet???

Not sure about retaining 4.10 diff … will test the car first.

I'll provide an update soon.

Just don’t ask how much I’ve spent …. A ‘pretty penny’ is the response you’ll get.

That’s it for now.

Brian

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Strewth Brian, what is going on with the new bonnet mods?

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 6d
  • Location: Need one..
Posted

Thanks Brian,

I hope it's everything you expect. Good luck for its completion.

WOW...like I said folks - a freakin monster.

Makes our cars look like tricycles.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Thanks Brian,

I hope it's everything you expect.  Good luck for its completion.

WOW...like I said folks - a freakin monster.

Makes our cars look like tricycles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too right. Something that needs 3 fuel pumps is a monster in my books!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...