andyturbo Member 500 Member For: 22y 6m 25d Gender: Male Posted 04/04/04 06:36 AM Posted 04/04/04 06:36 AM Guys I need help! I know this has been asked lots before but I really cant decide on an XR8 or an XR6t . I took a turbo for a test drive and it hadnled great around corners but still nothing can beat the sound of a boss 260 ( well mabie a boss 290 ). I dont know what to get. Im looking at blueprint, auto, leather. I may consider APS upgrades later on as well. So with all this could somone pelase help me decide thanks!
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/04/04 07:07 AM Posted 04/04/04 07:07 AM Try Xr8 Or Xr6t, Got the XR6T should I have waited??http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...t=0entry10279Xr6t Vs. Xr8, which better??http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...t=0entry41491Much information, and debate.Brian
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 26d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 04/04/04 07:24 AM Posted 04/04/04 07:24 AM No point us deciding for you.Your the one that will have to live with it.Flip a coin they both have there good and bad points.Me I went with the turbo as I've been a 8 man all my life and decided it was time for a change seeing as there was such a good thing on offer. My next choice will probably be an 8 again but who knows......
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/04/04 07:33 AM Posted 04/04/04 07:33 AM I went with the Turbo cause its probably the best value big size performance car on the market. If I had better finances I probably would have gone for a GT but I would have left it pretty stock.Bottom line is get the one you like vbest and that best suits your circumstances.Geea.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 04/04/04 07:51 AM Posted 04/04/04 07:51 AM Go for the turbo.....go for the turbo
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/04/04 07:58 AM Posted 04/04/04 07:58 AM This is www.fordxr6turbo.com. Not www.fordxr8.com. What do you think we are going to say? :lol: Seriously though, it is a tough decision and in fact I would have an XR8 only when I ordered my T the 8 hadn't been released. But now I'm stuck with a slightly quicker car that didn't cost as much. Rob
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 27d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 04/04/04 08:01 AM Posted 04/04/04 08:01 AM go the turbo I drove both the 8 and turbo when buying mine although the 8 sounded great the turbo felt quicker and smoother but it a personal preference whichever one you choose you'll love every minute of it. happy choosing if only every decision in life was as good
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 04/04/04 08:02 AM Posted 04/04/04 08:02 AM But now I'm stuck with a slightly quicker car that didn't cost as much. Rob Geeze Rob, you can't be happy with that. Geea.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 04/04/04 08:30 AM Posted 04/04/04 08:30 AM But now I'm stuck with a slightly quicker car that didn't cost as much. RobGeeze Rob, you can't be happy with that. Geea. Geez some people........ya just cant pleae 'em.IMHO the 8 is just a tad overweigtht , this reflects markedly in cornering speed both in and out.At the end of the day its your call. T with a kit will get ya thinkin?WT
Stevo's XRSEXTURBO Member 17 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Posted 04/04/04 08:54 AM Posted 04/04/04 08:54 AM I will go for the T(not cuz I am a T owner)but look at the buget I reckon 8 can get better value more of it.aLL depend on what r u looking at.stevo
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now