XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: NSW Posted 22/03/04 11:31 PM Posted 22/03/04 11:31 PM On the weekend I managed to scrape the front spoiler when coming down a driveway that was steep but also had a slight dip at the bottom that was hard to see. I took all the time in the world going down it on an angle but still manages to hit the front bar.NOT HAPPY JAN :o My question is can places like Dingo's and Kwik Fix repair this sort of damage where it has jaggered scrapes into the plastic on the front bar? Or will the bar require to be stripped back and bogged then re-sprayed?It is not huge but you can see it just looking at the front of the car. You all would now the scrapes that im talking about but this one you can actually see.I will try to upload some pics of it tonight.Any help much appreciated
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 10m Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 22/03/04 11:53 PM Posted 22/03/04 11:53 PM Kwik fix can fix it for sure, quickly and easily, no need to redo the whole bar.
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: NSW Posted 23/03/04 12:42 AM Author Posted 23/03/04 12:42 AM I have found a company called the "Touch Up Guys" that have a franchise in Wollongong.Has anyone dealt with these guys before? If so could you notice the repair job. Im just trying to work out whether it is worth it or not.Trumpy: Have you heard of these guys???
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 23/03/04 01:01 AM Posted 23/03/04 01:01 AM Sorry mate, have not actually used a touch up place on any of my cars. Dont usually keep them long enough The front of mine's getting that bad it may be in for a full bumper respray soon anyway bloody F6 freeway
XRPhantom Member 173 Member For: 22y 11m 5d Location: NSW Posted 23/03/04 01:15 AM Author Posted 23/03/04 01:15 AM Yeah, I finally got the time to get away and took the ute up to Gosford on the weekend and copped 2 new stone chips and scraped the front bumber. Not a good weekend Well I'll have to give them a call and find out. Just hope it is not a waste of money as I would imagine Phantom will be a hard colour to match. :(
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 23/03/04 01:59 AM Posted 23/03/04 01:59 AM I got some HgAg touch up paint (thanks Mick ) and tried it on a few chips that were starting to rust. I was suprised how good the colour match was.I though Merc Silver would be impossible to match, but its very hard to notice now.Hope its all good with your touch up anyway.
jimmyboy Member 152 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Posted 23/03/04 02:15 AM Posted 23/03/04 02:15 AM Im good mates with 1 of the guys who started touch up guys in Sydney, company originally from QLD.I have seen quite a few jobs my mate has done and you really could not tell that the car had been damaged.can't comment on the guy in woolongong, as they are all franchised and quallity will vary from Van to Van.Jimmy
twinxrs Member 202 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Location: Sydney Posted 23/03/04 02:21 AM Posted 23/03/04 02:21 AM I got some HgAg touch up paint (thanks Mick ) and tried it on a few chips that were starting to rust. I was suprised how good the colour match was.I though Merc Silver would be impossible to match, but its very hard to notice now.Hope its all good with your touch up anyway.I'd have a good look at that paint Matt, I doubt that it's really HgAg topcoat - more likely it's just primer/undercoat ! :lol: All the same, you're not going to notice the difference !
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 23/03/04 02:24 AM Posted 23/03/04 02:24 AM I got some HgAg touch up paint (thanks Mick ) and tried it on a few chips that were starting to rust. I was suprised how good the colour match was.I though Merc Silver would be impossible to match, but its very hard to notice now.Hope its all good with your touch up anyway.I'd have a good look at that paint Matt, I doubt that it's really HgAg topcoat - more likely it's just primer/undercoat ! :lol: All the same, you're not going to notice the difference ! And the price of those air filters just mysteriously crept up...... :lol:
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 7d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 23/03/04 02:36 AM Posted 23/03/04 02:36 AM I'd have a good look at that paint Matt, I doubt that it's really HgAg topcoat - more likely it's just primer/undercoat ! :lol: All the same, you're not going to notice the difference !And the price of those air filters just mysteriously crept up...... :lol: No cheap parts for you, twinxrs! /ends soup-nazi voiceDo I still get my cheapies? By the way, need a special price on.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now