Namder New Member 5 Member For: 2y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Australia, Adelaide Posted 26/04/24 03:36 PM Posted 26/04/24 03:36 PM I just had my dealer replace my ICC unit on my FG. They replaced it and did not setup the reversing camera. When I spoke to them about it, they said the camera needs programming and would cost an additional $200. Does it need programming, I would have thought it was plug and play considering it was setup previously? and if it does need programming, is that something I can easily do? Or Does it just need wiring attached?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,118 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/04/24 06:09 AM Posted 27/04/24 06:09 AM Take it back to the dealer and say "you didn't replace it properly", as they clearly didn't. 1
Namder New Member 5 Member For: 2y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Australia, Adelaide Posted 29/04/24 08:01 AM Author Posted 29/04/24 08:01 AM I did tell the Ford Dealer that the camera was not working, and they told me it would cost a further $200 to program it. Every video that I have watched, they just attach the cable and the camera works. It is an absolute joke considering I have just paid $1,300 for a replacement part that was faulty from day 1 and should have been replaced under warranty.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,118 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/04/24 08:07 AM Posted 29/04/24 08:07 AM Try showing them the relevant video and say "I'm not paying the $200 unless the process you do is different to that in an appreciable way" etc. 2
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 6d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/04/24 09:05 AM Posted 29/04/24 09:05 AM They should have done it to start with. You're in Adelaide lol, would you like me to show up with you to get results?! #angrybastard 1
Namder New Member 5 Member For: 2y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Australia, Adelaide Posted 29/04/24 12:54 PM Author Posted 29/04/24 12:54 PM If I cannot get anywhere with this and you are serious and have the ability to persuade, I would take any assistance and be grateful. I was going to pull it apart and see whether they just haven't wired it correctly. But if it is what they say, programming, I wouldn't know where to start. I initially bought the car new at Medindie, where I had it serviced for many years. They would not replace the faulty unit initially. Then they moved to Unley so I've had the replacement ICC fitted at Rebel Ford, Elizabeth. I just spent over 7K with them repairing all the suspension and various other issues. You'd think they would assist a good customer.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 6d Gender: Not Telling Posted 29/04/24 10:12 PM Posted 29/04/24 10:12 PM There would only be one outcome to me showing up and it would end up with both of us in legal trouble that would cost a lot more than $200. Pay the money and find a new shop to do your work going forward. 1
Namder New Member 5 Member For: 2y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Australia, Adelaide Posted 30/04/24 01:30 PM Author Posted 30/04/24 01:30 PM After going through forums it looks as though any Ford built between 2011 - 2014 have these ICC issues. Should have been a recall.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now