is the BF xr8 zf6hp26 the same as a FG xr6/g6e turbo zf6hp26 ?

Nick_is_not_sus

• Member For: 6m 27d

just out of curiosity.

I know someone with a bf XR8 who recently removed their zf and put a manual gearbox in their cars done 110000kms hes offered it cheap with the the converter I've been in the car as a a auto from what I know its a good trans..

Would it fit into my fg g6e turbo?

is the valve body the same cause I know I'd have to swap the tcm/mechatronics over ? just feel like it would be to good of a deal to give up but not really if its going to be no good as a back up 

cause I'm thinking my trans is acutally cooked 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m

FG and BF TCM are different. You can get them programmed to be interchangeable. Pretty sure custom machine works do it, Whiteford does it. Better to just use the one that already works and swap them over.

I dunno if there are other differences externally on the trans.

• Member For: 6m 27d

I'd just swap my valve body and tcm ... bellhousing isn't a issue if it's matching I can use mine if it's the same transmisson. Just assuming the ZF6hp26 gen1s were all the same box, same valvebody and mechatronics 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Have either of you guys ever looked at a ZF box? The trans case is one piece ie the bellhousing isn't separate.

If you reckon your trans bushes are rooted then swapping the valve body isn't going to help. It is easy as piss to swap out the the front part of the internals and this is where your problem bush and E clutch pack is.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 19d

That doesn't even look like the back of the engine on the left of that photo... :stirthepot: surprised ZF made the front of their gearbox to perfectly fit to various formats of falcon engines...

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

@El Andrew if you start going through O2 sensors frequently the issue will be the angle of the dangle. It should be much closer to the top of the pipe. It might not matter much with 98 octane but if it happens then that's where to look.