Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 31/01/22 08:46 AM Posted 31/01/22 08:46 AM 2008 G6 LPG falcon I have a transmission fault come up on the dash screen (no fault logged with scanner) yellow triangle with exclamation mark says press "SEL" when I press SEL it comes up with a white triangle with an exclamation mark with the numeral 1 beside it. Does anyone know what this means or where I can find the information? Thanks John
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/01/22 10:20 PM Posted 31/01/22 10:20 PM you'll need a scantool of some sort to connect to the ODBII port to see what the error actually mean.s.
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 03/02/22 08:16 AM Author Posted 03/02/22 08:16 AM k31th. thanks for the reply, I have checked for fault codes with HP Tuners and Forscan and there are no fault codes logged. It is annoying that the car is identifying a transmission (BTR) fault but nothing is being logged happened several times today.
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 03/02/22 08:33 AM Posted 03/02/22 08:33 AM 16 minutes ago, Yortt said: happened several times today. Can you have forscan running and just drive around until it plays up again? It might show something.
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 04/02/22 01:02 AM Author Posted 04/02/22 01:02 AM Puffwagon thanks for your thoughts. Just spoke to the local ford dealer service department could not tell me where I could source a list of the dash codes including the one I was seeing. I would have to bring the vehicle in and have it scanned the cost $200 (5 minute scan) and I thought my heart specialist knew how to charge! Rang ford Australia which took my vin number and tried to assist however advised they were not technical enough and I should try another dealer. Well, off to the local transmission specialists to see if they can help.
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 04/02/22 04:41 AM Author Posted 04/02/22 04:41 AM just done another scan with Forscan this time it picked up a code P0758 now I can address the problem. thanks to those who replied. 1
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/02/22 05:17 AM Posted 04/02/22 05:17 AM Time for a trans service?!
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 09/02/22 09:13 AM Author Posted 09/02/22 09:13 AM I serviced it when this first happened made no difference. Have unplugged the transmission connectors and the PCM connectors. sprayed them with electrical cleaner and worked them on and off several times so far so good.
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 11/02/22 09:16 AM Author Posted 11/02/22 09:16 AM Well that did not work! P0758 (solenoid B) the solenoids in the transmission are marked S1 S2 S3 does anyone know which one is solenoid B as indicated by the scan tool fault code P0758
Yortt Member 28 Member For: 17y 1m 22d Posted 16/02/22 07:36 AM Author Posted 16/02/22 07:36 AM Fixed! was a solenoid. local trans workshop diagnosed it from my description did not look at the car I asked how to identify the B solenoid which in the trans are marked S1 S2 S3 S4 said you need a book (I could not find that information anywhere) and would not elaborate further so I booked the car in. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now