Tapatalk not functioning with forum upgrade

• Member For: 13y 5m

Hi Team,

I contacted Tapatalk app support. They said the reason this forum is not working in the app anymore is because the 'plugin' on the site hasn't been updated. Is this going to happen? Is there another app that is supported?

Cheers 👍

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5d

Unfortunately, we were forced to upgrade the forum due to a bunch of conflating circumstances, which was to version v4.6.x. The currently released "stable" version of the tapatalk plugin is v1.6.6 but it doesn't work with v4.6.x of the forum software (at all; the forum throws all sorts of errors if you have this version activated). The 2.0.3 "beta" (e.g. unstable) version of the tapatalk plugin allows the forum to function with it attached but doesn't seem to work properly in terms of loading topics and replies etc but allows you to authenticate with tapatalk... so we're stuck with a lack of functionality through tapatalk until they update their plugin to be stable with v4.6.x. You'll have to use the forum website in your browser as a workaround :) it works fine (IMHO, better) there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 5m

Hi @k31th I sent off to Tapatalk again. Said I don't know what it means, but the guys have upgraded the backend to version to 4.6 and require an update from the Tapatalk plugin side for everything to work. He said he wasn't quite sure the technical side but has forwarded request onto the app development team 🤟

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5d

lol ... they updated it in on September 2nd (this year) for version 2.0.3 (marked as beta then, not "stable" as it is now) but that's what I've got installed and it ain't working. I tried deleting and re-downloading and re-adding it just now and it still doesn't work on that version (and when you download it, the .tar file is marked as "beta", still)... not ideal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...