Boost issue

EgoXR6Turbo

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 5d

Boost per gear in a manual is surely unreliable. It would be calculating gear based on rpm/speed. What happens when the clutch slips?

Also tuna ain't going to road test your car in 4th and 5th gear. That's what dyno is for

• Member For: 6y 1m 14d

It’s all sorted now. Boost by gear tune removed it just has high and low boost tune plus valet. 

high boost holds basically 15psi in all gears creeps to 16 in 4th gear. Low boost holds 10 psi and creeps up to 12 to 13 on full noise in 4th. 

drives really nice boost comes on nice. 

my car for whatever reason didn’t like the gear ratios set out in the tune which are set for this type of tune by pcmtec. Tuner adjusted manually and still didn’t like it. Suspect it has something to do with the abs or whatever sensor is reporting back the wheel speed to the ECU and subsequent boost control for the by gear tune. That signal input must be wrong hence the boost all over the shop. 

I didn’t really need the boost by gear tune anyway and the alternative was for them to start to look at abs and wheel speed sensors and try and sus out the issue with pcmtec. I didn’t want to wait days for that to eventuate just for a boost by gear tune so happy now it’s all sorted. 

thanks for the input