Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 7y 11m 16d
Posted

Hi everyone,

 

I have a Ba Xr6t MkII manual with the t56 6 speed. The other day my concentric slave failed in my box, and I have fluid dripping out of the bell housing. I ordered a new concentric slave from mal wood with the remote bleeder to replace it. In the past, I have pulled out heaps of T5's but never a T56. Can someone that has done one, just walk me through on the removal procedure.

 

Regards

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted
17 minutes ago, fox1972 said:

I have pulled out heaps of T5's but never a T56

Same as any old tractor gear box. You've done one you've done them all.

 

That being said...If you need walking through a gearbox removal you shouldn't be attempting it.

  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted (edited)

Pretty much identical to a T5 really

 

Gearbox leaver boot up on central console 

gearbox leaver unbolted x2 bolts 13mm
tailshaft out, spare yoke in or zip lock bag around output shaft to stop oil leaking out on elevation 

T56 body away from Bell housing

rear trans mount away from chassis  

remove CSC bolts and let it hang

drop T56

remove bell housing away from rear of engine if you need to access the clutch as it’s probably contaminated with Hydraulic fluid and buggered now 

remove clutch pressure plate 

remove clutch disks 

remove flywheel 

remove spigot bearing 

 

Job out done........ Reverse it to put in

Edited by JETURBO
  • Like 1
  • Member
  • Member For: 7y 11m 16d
Posted

Thx jet...

 

That's all I need to know.

 

I wasn't sure if I could just pull the box away on it's own, without removing bell housing, mainly due to the hydraulic line to the concentric. I have the ba workshop manual, but it doesnt have the t56 specs in the book I've got.

 

4 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Same as any old tractor gear box. You've done one you've done them all.

True true.....

 

I'm totally over with getting under the car, getting to old for it, but I cannot get it in the shop, because I won't have the part till next week, and all the shops here close for xmas next wednesday, and will not resume till the 11th of next month. I'm not waiting that long.

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...