Help

X-xyk

• Member For: 3y 10m 18d

Hi all, I've saved a few grand for some upgrades on my ba xr6t auto, I don't want to go over the top as it will still be my daily, I've recently planned to pick up a turbo side intake and cold side piping, apart from that I'm a bit lost in what I want to upgrade, as I'm a abit of a virgin to this. Any help on what to upgrade, and part names would help a tonne. I'm also in NZ so any reputable supliers over here would be appreciated. TIA cheers. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

Neither of the mods you picked up are necessary for base level mods on a BA, especially with the weaker BA engine. Stick with the basics of injectors, fuel pump, dump+cat and get a tune to suit those mods. Add intercooler and relevant piping if you need to be able to repeat the power pulls more than a couple of times.

• Member For: 3y 10m 18d

Ah alright, the only reason I wanted to go for that change was my old cross has lost most of its paint, and a kit came up near me. If I'm upgrading my pump and injectors, will my standard fuel pressure regulator keep up for decent size injectors? Does it matter what size injectors I go for? Or is it just how much I'm willing to spend, and as long as they keep up with the rest?

Sorry for the Heap of questions, also any suggestions on brand or type of hi flow cat?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

no cat will work just as well as a cat, but of course you may not want to do that :P any brand will do as long as it's simple enough (not expensive) to fit and is 100cpi.

standard fuel reg will be fine with 60lb injectors and those injectors can be purchased fairly cheaply and most tuners are happy to tune them, but at least make sure your tuner is comfortable with your choice of injectors before you purchase them.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

that's what forums are for :spoton:  good luck with your modification path and don't be surprised if the motor doesn't like the mods haha

• Member For: 8y 6m 17d

You can't push a BA turbo motor to 500kw, you'll need to do forged pistons and rods, oil pump gears, main studs and head studs, valve springs etc..

Check out@JETURBO's tuning thread. You'll see heaps of info on there.