SCT X4 Disappointment ( whats wrong)

fox1972

• Member For: 5y 6m 13d

Hi all,

I have an BA XR6 turbo MKII with a 6 speed manual. This vehicle is fully stock, apart from crow valve springs I had installed a few months ago when the head had to be removed to replace the head gasket. A week a go, I ordered the SCT X4 tuner with injectors from a quite known performance provider. I got the valet tune, 8psi and 10 psi pre- loaded tunes. Today I decided to install the new injectors, which I did. I installed the 10psi tune, took it for a run, and was very dissapointed. I was expecting a 60RWKT difference, but it's more like a 5Kwt difference. The boost gauge definatley says it's running 10psi, but to be quite frank, the standard factory tune is better.

For example....factory tune...in first gear....driving and holding steady at 3000rpm, I nail it...and the rears will squeal like hell....I do the same with 10psi tune...nothing.

I'm so confused...any idea's....??

Regards

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m

you ordered an X4 with pre loaded tunes from a known performance provider and were expecting a good result.

who even still does pre loaded tunes. 

did you do your home work first? 

and who is this known provider?

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

there's only one who really still does it and they've been known to be shocking for a long time and garnered the name of "pingtune"... they sell cheap enough parts but their tunes are rubbish.

• Member For: 5y 6m 13d

Yeah it's a generic tune. Was kinda hoping for better, or maybe I did something wrong. In the past, when I lived in Sydney, Spiro at autotech did most of my cars. But in QLD now for a few years, as most previous cars were fpv v8's. Any recommendations for a good tuner in QLD. I live at Bunderberg, but I hear a tuner at toowoomba is pretty good. Any other recommendations for a good tuner in QLD..??

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 15d

the only thing you did wrong was buy a generic tune... if you'd just searched this forum beforehand you'd have known they are bad news.

https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/83001-recommended-tuner-workshop-queensland/

go to that thread for QLD recommendations.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3d
there's only one who really still does it and they've been known to be shocking for a long time and garnered the name of "pingtune"... they sell cheap enough parts but their tunes are rubbish.
Looks like Bullet Performance still do it, but the one you refer to is Dyno only?