GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 10/03/04 11:52 AM Posted 10/03/04 11:52 AM Slightly off topic, but I seem to notice heaps and heaps of XR6's (non-turbo) on the roads but not than many XR6T's. I wonder why ? Is it because lots of them are company cars and the employer's don't let them get the Turbo ?? If not, then I can't see the point of getting the normal XR6 when it's exactly the same engine as the base XT. Does anyone have any other ideas ?? I think it's just that the XR6 n/a is a good package. You get a full bodykit and mags, XR front, better colours, more options for not much more.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/03/04 11:55 AM Author Posted 10/03/04 11:55 AM Also you cant tell if they pull the TURBO badge off.
yeec Member 99 Member For: 22y 8m 3d Location: Mt Waverley, VIC 3149 Posted 10/03/04 12:13 PM Posted 10/03/04 12:13 PM Also you cant tell if they pull the TURBO badge off. Hmmm, hadn't thought of that one !!! I'm in two minds whether to remove the turbo badging or leave it on. On the one hand, I don't want my car to be mistaken for the more common non-turbo XR6 but on the other, I don't want it to stand out too much. You might think I'm becoming a rice-boy, but I've replaced the license plate clear lights with a fluro-blue light and have also done the same with the interior roof light. It looks fantastic, perfectly matches the fluro-blue of the instrument cluster. Will try and find some matching lights for the rear passenger lights this weekend. I'm not going over the top am I ???
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 11/03/04 11:05 AM Posted 11/03/04 11:05 AM Also you cant tell if they pull the TURBO badge off. The intercooler will still be in it's hidey hole for all to see.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 11/03/04 11:10 AM Posted 11/03/04 11:10 AM I've got a Lightning Strike XR8 with 18's, dark windows and a Herrod exhaust and it looks awesome. Ordered my car sight unseen and I'm absolutely stoked with how good it looks. And the best thing is that you don't see them on every street corner like you do with some colors. In the 4 months I've had the car I've only ever seen one other XR8 in that color, but have started to see lots of XR6's in LS.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 11/03/04 11:22 AM Posted 11/03/04 11:22 AM I am not saying any colour is better than another, I am just wondering why LS owners are sooo quiet on this list. I think there's only 2 or 3 LS owners on the site mate.I think LS looks a little plain in the XR range (more of a personal observation than a criticism) but horn on a GT when combined with the orange stripes.
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 11/03/04 11:56 AM Posted 11/03/04 11:56 AM I must admit, I bought my Lightning Strike sight unseen and was very worried because I'd not seen one in the flesh.But in the flesh, it's awesome.I hated blood orange the first time I saw it... mainly because it was an overcast day. For me, it's one colour that works really well in direct light but not in soft light. I'd certainly entertain one in a GT shell with black stripes mind you.
vaughan Legacy Donating Member 17 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Posted 11/03/04 10:21 PM Posted 11/03/04 10:21 PM I'm happy I chose Lightning Strike. Elegant, refined and not garish like tennis ball yellow or Fanta orange or dull like Mercury Silver. What is more important is its very easy to keep clean too.
TBO240 Member 628 Member For: 23y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Posted 13/03/04 11:25 PM Posted 13/03/04 11:25 PM nice color and easier to keep clean than some of the other colors like my phantom....that reminds me must go and wash the T
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 14/03/04 12:52 AM Posted 14/03/04 12:52 AM I actually don't mind LS.Has a nice reflective quality, almost like it is the undercoat for Citric Acid.....lol. Just kidding. No I've seen some green/blue/yellow reflections come off this colour and it did look pretty schmick. I'd have it over any day.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now