SIMBAD Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 14y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Tumut Posted 10/04/20 12:14 PM Posted 10/04/20 12:14 PM Evening all, just wondering if anyone has played around with the auto shifter? Id like to give the shifter in manual mode a firmer Shift feel. Has always felt way too soft for my liking and have a few times accidentally shifter the gears unintentionally. I haven’t pulled mine out to see how it works exactly, but after some digging around online. All I’ve found Is that in the Au-ba workshop manual on the 4 speed sequential shifter is a “torsion” spring that I think I might be looking at to replace, or find a stiffer option to get that firmer feel I am after. Or am I completely off the mark and has something more to do with switches that engage the up or down shift? So if anyone has had a play around with it before and can point me in the right direction, that would be sweet. Cheers. 1
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,122 Member For: 18y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/04/20 02:17 PM Posted 10/04/20 02:17 PM just don't keep your hand leaning on it? 1
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 1d Posted 11/04/20 12:12 AM Posted 11/04/20 12:12 AM Mate, I was just looking at the spare one I picked up. Its def a spring and that white plastic bit looks like it can be pulled apart. If you could figure out a way to energize the spring or match up a stronger one you'll be golden.I picked up this one because my car wasnt wasn't going into performance mode. I later worked out the tiny little metal tab that activates the PRND light was missing from its little holder and wouldn't pick up a signal when moved over to performance mode. 1
SIMBAD Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 14y 8m 29d Gender: Male Location: Tumut Posted 11/04/20 10:32 AM Author Posted 11/04/20 10:32 AM Thank you for your response mate! I might track down a spare as well to have a play with 👌🏼 1
violetpop Legacy Donating Member 436 Member For: 6y 10m 1d Posted 18/04/20 11:10 PM Posted 18/04/20 11:10 PM Cover the post and I'll send it down mate. I can't see myself using it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now