Fgxmateee New Member 13 Member For: 6y 10m 2d Posted 03/12/19 08:38 PM Posted 03/12/19 08:38 PM Hey there everyone, got a quick one for you all, I've recently had a DCS twin 7 puck ceramic clutch fitted to my 2014 FGX 6T, the car is making 421kw/1111nm, the clutch bites like a bloody croc, but it's street manners are pretty horrible. I don't do clutch kicks and I don't track the car, would replacing the flywheel side 7 puck disc with a cushion button potentially take away some of the shudder and violent nature of the take up? Only done 300ish k's with new clutch in. Thanks
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,117 Member For: 18y 5m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/12/19 11:38 PM Posted 03/12/19 11:38 PM probably something that DCS can tell you... it probably will, but I don't know how much it'll reduce the clamping force and whether it's enough for your power level. 1
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/12/19 12:55 AM Posted 04/12/19 12:55 AM (edited) 4 hours ago, Fgxmateee said: Hey there everyone, got a quick one for you all, I've recently had a DCS twin 7 puck ceramic clutch fitted to my 2014 FGX 6T, the car is making 421kw/1111nm, the clutch bites like a bloody croc, but it's street manners are pretty horrible. I don't do clutch kicks and I don't track the car, would replacing the flywheel side 7 puck disc with a cushion button potentially take away some of the shudder and violent nature of the take up? Only done 300ish k's with new clutch in. Thanks I had to put over 1500ks on my ceramic twin plate before the shuddering went away. I hated it. Thought I made a mistake. That was 9 years ago. All good since. Is it sprung or a solid centre. Surly no-one would fit a solid to a street car Edited 04/12/19 01:28 AM by arronm 1
Fgxmateee New Member 13 Member For: 6y 10m 2d Posted 04/12/19 02:28 AM Author Posted 04/12/19 02:28 AM It's unfortunately a solid centre, it's a pretty brutal bloody thing to try and engage smoothly, fingers crossed with some more average driving it may settle down. I was told that sprung centre at this power level will only be good for dampening out idle clutch noises. As at the torque levels the car is making, the springs will have to be that stiff, they pretty much become redundant? 3 hours ago, k31th said: probably something that DCS can tell you... it probably will, but I don't know how much it'll reduce the clamping force and whether it's enough for your power level. I have spoken to them, no guarantee the shudder will ease up with one cushion disc. Here's to hoping it eases up for me, more so for the gearbox and my cv's sake
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/12/19 03:48 AM Posted 04/12/19 03:48 AM that's rubbish. I make more power than you and I have sprung centre. It probably wont get better. That style of clutch shouldt go in a street car. I would be making who ever recommended it to change it
Fgxmateee New Member 13 Member For: 6y 10m 2d Posted 04/12/19 04:03 AM Author Posted 04/12/19 04:03 AM Well now it's to decide on wether or not to try one cushion disc in with the 7 puck, or too pull out the clutch and put a whole new clutch in 😞 Maybe a twin organic, should be abit easier to drive than this beast
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/12/19 05:01 AM Posted 04/12/19 05:01 AM If you dont abuse the clutch organic is OK.
Fgxmateee New Member 13 Member For: 6y 10m 2d Posted 04/12/19 05:16 AM Author Posted 04/12/19 05:16 AM I'm as gentle as can be at launch, I don't get into the power until 2nd gear 99% of the time
OZYWALKER XR50T Legacy Donating Member 2,795 Member For: 13y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Western Sydney Posted 04/12/19 09:06 AM Posted 04/12/19 09:06 AM I quite liked the solid center twin plate when I had it. Pretty race car, rattly as fark.Not good for a daily though.I have an Ace option 5 now, one ceramic plate with one organic. Very nice if it were a daily, nearly too smooth though.
Fgxmateee New Member 13 Member For: 6y 10m 2d Posted 04/12/19 09:44 AM Author Posted 04/12/19 09:44 AM Appreciate the input mate, we will potentially try 2 sprung 7 puck discs in the clutch, or one cushion button one unsprung 7 puck. I wonder what would feel better? I don't even mind the stiff pedal feel, it's just the impossible take up, with jumping off the line everytime
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now