Venom dump and cat?

G6EEEETTTT

• Member For: 5y 7m 8d

Looking to do some upgrades to my G6E Turbo. First stage will be cat, injectors and tune. Second stage will be intercooler. Looking to get the max out of the stock FG turbo, but might upgrade to a bigger turbo further down the track and push up towards 380 rwkw. Maybe. Might be happy with around 320 rwkw with the stock turbo though. But when buying parts I'd like to buy stuff that could work with a bigger turbo if I go down that path. Looking at these 2 cats. I'd assume the first one comes with the dump pipe off the back of the turbo and the 2nd one doesn't? And for the power levels I'm looking at is the dump pipe needed? Or will the second one do the job?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VENOM-FG-FGX-TURBO-4-DUMP-PIPE-CAT-Ford-FG-XR6-Turbo-F6-Ford-FPV-Exhaust/262162954198?epid=27026720081&hash=item3d0a2137d6:g:FzIAAOSwa81XSqXe

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Venom-Ford-FG-FGX-XR6-Turbo-F6-High-Flow-Cat-Pipe-Catalytic-Converter-Exhaust/261549503557?hash=item3ce590b445:g:Nu8AAOSwfC9XPVw-

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

any exhaust part (dump onwards) will fit to whatever turbo you choose as when you upgrade the turbo you generally don't upgrade the rear housing that the dump connects to (especially for anything below 500rwkw), so both of those will work totally fine and it just depends on how much you want to spend and if you want extra turbo exhaust noise. The cat only will do the job for your goal power.

• Member For: 5y 7m 8d
54 minutes ago, k31th said:

any exhaust part (dump onwards) will fit to whatever turbo you choose as when you upgrade the turbo you generally don't upgrade the rear housing that the dump connects to (especially for anything below 500rwkw), so both of those will work totally fine and it just depends on how much you want to spend and if you want extra turbo exhaust noise. The cat only will do the job for your goal power.

Cheers.

So the standard dump would still be fine even if I wanted to go a bit bigger in turbo size?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 19d

yep, as long as you keep the stock turbocharger exhaust housing then it's still fine up to power you would probably not bother to aim for :)

• Like 1