Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 02/03/04 10:16 PM Posted 02/03/04 10:16 PM This topic has probably already been done before but I'm too lazy to search, so bite me. I've just noticed one of my headlight globes seems to have blown (the hardest one to get to behind the airbox ) so I thought I would upgrade to something brighter. I don't want blue tinge "ricer" globes, just "normal" brighter ones. IMHO low beam is on BA XR, high beam is magic though. What sort of globes are they, as in H3, H1 etc?
Guest OXR-747 Guests Posted 02/03/04 11:08 PM Posted 02/03/04 11:08 PM I was thinking of getting beter bulbs also, I agree the low beam is sh*te!Is it exon bulbs that are in top of the line bmw's and the landrover, kinda blue tinge? I think they are awesome.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/04 11:26 PM Posted 02/03/04 11:26 PM Have a look at these:http://www.ozeparts.com.au/polarg.asp
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 11d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 03/03/04 12:07 AM Author Posted 03/03/04 12:07 AM Is a relay required for high powered globes?
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 10d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 03/03/04 12:37 AM Posted 03/03/04 12:37 AM A mate of mine just bought some of these bulbs from Autobarn, called 50plus or something for his new Jeep. Although I havn't heard how they are yet the demo in the shop looked great. They have the same watt ratting but give a 50% brighter and whiter light. Looked great from what I saw in the demo box at Autobarn. From memory they rang from about $60-$90 depending on what H rating you require. So what are the Falcon's, I'm too lazy to look.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 7m 25d Location: ACT Posted 03/03/04 01:29 AM Posted 03/03/04 01:29 AM I used to be into 4WD's and this was a popular mod.One thing to be aware of is the most modern headlights have plastic lens's and body's as opposed to glass and metal from KENT's time.So if you replace the standard globes probably 55/60W with something like 90/120W the will be much brighter for a little while, then your headlights will point to the ground and be more like foglights. :lol:
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 03/03/04 06:13 AM Posted 03/03/04 06:13 AM I bought some "Philips Chrystal Vision"(or words to that efect) for my NA Fairlane, after being told "they are the good ones"...."most of the others are just rice value". .....Cost around $93.00 - high beam ONLY mind you, now Ive got the same dull lights, only BLUE!!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/03/04 06:53 AM Posted 03/03/04 06:53 AM I currently have a 1988 VR4 Galant (jap import) that had the blue tint headlights lights on it and they Suck. I replaced them with the Miracle White globes and they are unreal. I also did the same to my wifes Kluger and the difference is noticable, especially on wet dark nights. They are still 60w/55w but much whiter and brighter. Do not get 90w/120w replacements as it might melt your headlights or cause a fire...mine did the latter and it is not fun. Go to your local Autobarn and ask the guy for the brightest 60/55w globes and he should be able to recommend a good set. It is worth the investment.
genebaby Abuser of Charvels Member 501 Member For: 22y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 03/03/04 07:42 AM Posted 03/03/04 07:42 AM My singer the autoelectrician talked me into replacing my globes and I gave it a go as my normal beam is pretty crappy. I mentioned it to Ford and they said it's probably cause I lowered the car. Seems a few of you have crappy low beam too, but I have heard others rave about the low beam so not sure what's going on.Anyway, he was all set to sell me the Phillips blue ones at 5000k brightness even though they are technically illegal for road use but even the distributor said that Phillips reckon they are crap, just a weak blue light. I got the Crystal vision which is 4300k and 'whiter and brighter'. They do look a bit different when I turn them on sometimes and they do have a blue look when off on the element so not sure what's going on there but they are pretty cool.They are a H4 light. The oem ones are Osram. Replacing the one behind the battery was a b**ch to do and I don't want to ever do it again, but I did it without removing the battery.
NYOPA Team Blueprint Legacy Donating Member 312 Member For: 22y 10m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/03/04 10:41 AM Posted 03/03/04 10:41 AM I just put the philips crystal vision in my low beam and they are terrific.I couldn't be happier with the result, nice bright white wide light. With the foggies on it covers pretty much every part of the road you would want to see at low speed.I put the other philips H7 in the hi beam. they are not blue, they claim to give off 50% more light than standard. Anyhoo the guy in the shop said they have a much better distance than the other more blue lights because the blue coating actually looses some of the lights power????Anyway, I got em and can recommend them, they work great for what I want.my 2 cents worth. :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now