Newy Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 13y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 02/07/18 05:52 AM Posted 02/07/18 05:52 AM G'day guys, I have done some research through the threads here but I am still unsure about a few things with my typhoon. Recently the head gasket gave way, that's when I found out my turbo (Precision Turbo 6766) had developed pretty big shaft play, to the point of replacement, replaced with a Precision Turbo 6466 ball bearing gen 2, my worries is my oil pressure, cold its 50-55psi at idle, and warm at idle I have seen it dip to 10psi, my engine was completely rebuilt in 2015 and I noticed my oil pressure dropped but at warm idle was always above 20psi. I run an earls inline filter and braided line that came with my old turbo from Golebys, my thoughts are either the oil pump is on its way out or am I missing a restrictor for the oil feel line. Any advice would be much appreciated
demon1300 Member 435 Member For: 14y 7m 22d Gender: Male Posted 02/07/18 01:03 PM Posted 02/07/18 01:03 PM The restrictor in line of the turbo won't change the overall pressure the engine sensor is seeing. What weight oil? I'd definitely say your oil pump is on the way out or there are some clearance issues internally...
Newy Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 13y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 03/07/18 08:23 AM Author Posted 03/07/18 08:23 AM Ah I see, I run Nulon 10W40. I am going to go have a yarn with Dynolink in Townsville tomorrow, and then probably throw more money at the car. I was kind of afraid of it being the pump haha
adams355 Member 529 Member For: 9y 5m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 03/07/18 09:16 AM Posted 03/07/18 09:16 AM Use the 5W-40 Nulon its better oil or better yet something else. I used 10W-40 Nulon for awhile until recently I changed the oil at 6000KM it had already started oxidizing badly (turning red) and turning to varnish its not a long life oil only the 5W-40 is. This is my experience with it anyway. The engine was flushed and clean before I put it in... 2c
Newy Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 13y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 03/07/18 09:46 AM Author Posted 03/07/18 09:46 AM My oil is always changed at the 6 month mark, it never makes it close to the 5000ks, but worrying to to hear about how it turns. Might have to look into the brands a bit
Newy Legacy Donating Member 26 Member For: 13y 11m 10d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 13/07/18 08:15 AM Author Posted 13/07/18 08:15 AM Spoke to my new tuner, Its gonna go into him and we will assess the oil pressure being lower than the usual, and look at going down the track of engine out, new oil pump in and while that's happening taking the crank out and measuring it and checking the bearing clearance, then retune and fingers crossed no more issues.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 13/07/18 02:47 PM Posted 13/07/18 02:47 PM good luck with all of that, buddy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now