FPVPSI Member 503 Member For: 23y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/03/04 05:20 AM Author Posted 02/03/04 05:20 AM (edited) I have read alot about how for a few g's you can have a car that is quicker then the F6, true! but isn't it about the total package? whats the point of being able to do 300 clicks and you can't pull up! and the exclusivity factor! that plays a major part in a cars appeal! Edited 02/03/04 05:21 AM by FPVPSI
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/03/04 10:17 PM Posted 02/03/04 10:17 PM If it had a better suspension setup, better driveline, and I fit into those sport seats comfortably, 5/6speed manual, blue interior lights, I would probably go for it.The only things I would change are the wheels for some ROH Fury's, the front grilles for the Series 1 FPV grills, and the brakes, some 6f/4r.I like the fact it's got more low down (pre-boost) torque. It's one of the things I don't like about the XR6T, feels like a snail before 2500rpm.That alone could be a deciding factor for me.
emotive Member 17 Member For: 22y 8m 10d Location: Melbourne Posted 03/03/04 05:25 AM Posted 03/03/04 05:25 AM Only advantage is that you get a little more power while still being covered by warranty. Is it worth it?It's more than just warranty, it's resale. Base F6 may cost $9K more than the Base XR6T, but you don't know how much your car cost you till you sell it.As much as a kit is great bang for buck, I don't expect you will get any of the money back. Some people won't buy a second hand modded car. (It's bit like thinking about who slept with your wife before you married her - we all like to pretend she was a virgin!) As such I think you will sell a 3yo T for $30K (65% of $46K), even though the premium brakes and phase II took your spend up to $53K, whereas a 3 year old F6 will get $36K (65% of $55K)T cost = 53-30 = 33F6 cost = 55 -36 = 29
cvanxr Member 502 Member For: 23y 10m 22d Location: Country NSW Posted 03/03/04 05:55 AM Posted 03/03/04 05:55 AM (It's bit like thinking about who slept with your wife before you married her - we all like to pretend she was a virgin!) Of course mine was. Wasn't yours? Money being no prob I would like a GT-P. Being realistic I will wait to see what happens with Series II and then work out if the Typhoon is worth it.
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 7d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 03/03/04 09:58 AM Posted 03/03/04 09:58 AM If power is torque x rpm how can the Typhoon only have 270 kw when the GT uses a few less revs and has less torque but makes 290 kw. I think Ford are telling porkies.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 2d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 03/03/04 10:30 AM Posted 03/03/04 10:30 AM l will be very impressed (and suprised) if a 3 year old T has a retained value of 65%. A lot will depend on how insurance premiums fare over the next couple of years as T's become more common and cheaper, and as a result the dickhead element smashes more of them up. The perception of buying a 3yr old turbo car without a warranty will also have a lot of bearing on how resale goes. Doesnt seem to effect the WRX though :hiwelcome:
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 03/03/04 11:18 AM Posted 03/03/04 11:18 AM Depends on what Ford releaases in the future. I think Typhoon will hurt std XR6T resale.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 18d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 04/03/04 12:46 AM Posted 04/03/04 12:46 AM I still think the XR6T offers the best bang for buck performance car made in Australia. It would have to be a very well priced F6 typhoon to convince me to pay extra when for around $10k I could modify my T with better brakes, tricked up auto and a hell of a lot more power!I tend to keep my cars for a long time. Opting to enhance what I have rather than buying another stocky.The BA XR6T is a great platform from which to build up a custom high performance, multi purpose (especially as a ute) street driveable and affordable supercar.
rapt Legacy Donating Member 317 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Location: gippsland Posted 04/03/04 01:02 AM Posted 04/03/04 01:02 AM Seen the Typhoon in the flesh at the motor showI WANT ONE
FPVPSI Member 503 Member For: 23y 7m 17d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 04/03/04 04:10 AM Author Posted 04/03/04 04:10 AM What rapt said! naa seriously the F6 looks awsome! Nice and clean!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now