Aust_Monty Member 26 Member For: 14y 11m 3d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 24/12/11 08:08 AM Posted 24/12/11 08:08 AM For example SG fleet wont pay for the 7500 changek, only the recommended log book scheduling at 15000k.I may have been able to tell the guy I wanted it at the start of the lease and budget it in.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 22d Gender: Male Posted 24/12/11 10:58 AM Posted 24/12/11 10:58 AM does anyone use Penrite 0w50?
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 24/12/11 12:32 PM Posted 24/12/11 12:32 PM For example SG fleet wont pay for the 7500 changek, only the recommended log book scheduling at 15000k.I may have been able to tell the guy I wanted it at the start of the lease and budget it in.I hear you. I have the same issues with them also. Had to argue for a diff oil change at 30K. I pay for my own oil at intermittent service.
FG50T Member 568 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/12 07:35 AM Posted 04/01/12 07:35 AM (edited) Motul 300v 10w40 worth every penny. The Castrol 10w60 breaks down to a 40 anyway if you read oil analysis tests on the net Edited 04/01/12 07:36 AM by FG50T
Barra Legacy Donating Member 467 Member For: 17y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 04/01/12 11:48 AM Posted 04/01/12 11:48 AM Totally agree, just went with this for the last service. Done 2000k's and it's going better than the nulon.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 05/01/12 02:19 AM Posted 05/01/12 02:19 AM 5 - 50 in the summer and 0 - 40 in the winter. Castrol edge or Mobil 1, both fully synthetic
Infamooz Member 15 Member For: 14y 8m 19d Gender: Male Posted 20/01/12 06:27 AM Posted 20/01/12 06:27 AM I use full bottle of Castrol Edge 0w and top up with Castrol Magnatec to stop the ticking noise works great!
alpha Member 266 Member For: 19y 7m 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/01/12 02:21 PM Posted 22/01/12 02:21 PM Nulon 10w-40 Full Syn on my BF Tornado..I luv it ...cheaper then other "major" brands, but tends to get a bit dirty once over 7000kms. There are some great reviews on it.
SPOOLAX Skids? Legacy Donating Member 975 Member For: 17y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/01/12 04:41 AM Posted 23/01/12 04:41 AM Nulon 10w-40 Full Syn
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 23/01/12 04:48 AM Posted 23/01/12 04:48 AM (edited) 0 - 40 castrol edge or mobil 1 in the winter and 5 - 50 mobil 1 in the summer. Keeps the oil pressure at nice levels and not to high when cold. I cringe when I think of someone giving their car a squirt say to 4000 rpm when the oil is cold with a 10 - 60. When I ran 15 - 40 the oil pressure would go to over 100psi when cold. Edited 23/01/12 04:53 AM by arronm
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now