ICC and Cluster not working... (OVER IT)

Wranglerfpr000

• Member For: 7y 4m 27d

Hey all,

Since installing my gauges and taking the ICC out and completing the job....gauges working beautifully however....my ICC and cluster dead. The cluster has lights n warnings however tacho etc not working except fuel and ICC is completely dead.... YES the plug on the back is reset everytime I go to re-install the ICC but still no communication to them... the first couple of times I had icc work but no cluster...or cluster no ICC....now cant get either...im bout to burn the F@&kin thing. Can anyone suggest anything???

Iam pretty mechanically minded and electrically minded too....but im friggin stumped.... I didn't think we had to re-tune the ICC to the BEM? do we?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

sounds like you've either bent and shorted some pins on the plug point on the back of the ICC or you've "let the smoke out" of the electrical circuit board(s) in the ICC. I'd suggest getting a replacement ICC and/or BEM module.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

certainly sounds like you've shorted/blown something in the ICC display circuit board and it must be sending back a "broken" signal to the BEM which may cause those fluctuations in voltage which can cause things connected to the BEM to either not work at all or work improperly (e.g. the instrument cluster)

Send the ICC over to somebody like ASL for repair/replacement or get a replacement ICC from a wrecker (use your existing BEM with the new ICC otherwise the car won't start)